PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: McDaniels to be in coaching booth for tonight's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patspsycho

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Whatever defensive plan Denver is going to throw us is going to go up in smoke after a few snaps now that we basically have three head coaches looking at the game, one from the booth, two from the sidelines.

Patriots offensive assistant Josh McDaniels will be upstairs in New England's coaching booth for tonight's game vs his former team.

Last edited:
Who is the second coach on the sideline? You can't be talking about bill.

Whatever defensive plan Denver is going to throw us is going to go up in smoke after a few snaps now that we basically have three head coaches looking at the game, one from the booth, two from the sidelines.

I can't exactly explain why, but I have a really, really strong feeling that we are going to see 3 of the best offensive games Brady and the Pats have put up in a row. I think you are going to see a focussed, aggressive offense that goes for the throat and becomes virtually unstoppable.
I think this team now has a legitimate chip on its shoulder. In 2008 Brady was out. In 2009 Brady was still getting back, and Welker was lost for the playoffs. In 2010 they could rationalize those excuses and be overconfident after 45-3. This time it is time to go out, prove what the franchise is about and take no prisoners.

The McDaniels hiring really was nothing, but the NFL and some teams want to make something of it.

Maybe the Pats will decide to win this game...

...by hook or by crook. :cool:

Would be funnier to get a report that he'll be on the sidelines with a headset.

Josh, remember to wear your lime green vest!

Let's do this!

I can't exactly explain why, but I have a really, really strong feeling that we are going to see 3 of the best offensive games Brady and the Pats have put up in a row. I think you are going to see a focussed, aggressive offense that goes for the throat and becomes virtually unstoppable.
I think this team now has a legitimate chip on its shoulder. In 2008 Brady was out. In 2009 Brady was still getting back, and Welker was lost for the playoffs. In 2010 they could rationalize those excuses and be overconfident after 45-3. This time it is time to go out, prove what the franchise is about and take no prisoners.

The entire organization is pissed off. The kids on the team are no longer happy to "just be there". They want to win and will cut off their right arm for a playoff win.

The older players want one more and are sick of this losing crap as it has taken a bit of the shine off of what this organization is all about- winning big games.

I hate to use history as an example but I look back to those 49ers teams in the mid-80s. They won in 81 and 84 and almost made it in 83. Then in 85-87 they made the playoffs 3 straight times and lost 3 straight times on one-n-out fashion. People were wondering what Cool Joe's problem was. They still had Walsh and the same crowd were questioning his ability to lead the team.
It was ugly. The core issue was the players that they drafted like Rice, Taylor, Rathman, Barton, Haley needed seasoning. We all know what happened in 88 and 89...

I believe that the same thing is happening here. Just like Walsh, BB did not become a bad coach overnight and Brady has not forgotten how to win in the playoffs. With that said, neither man can do it alone. The need help.

I think the help is now here.

Last edited:

I think so also Andy ... if for no other reason than it's been a problem this year starting games and they had 2 weeks to correct it and I am sure they did.

I sure hope that Belichick helped McStalin stock up on Patriots hoodies last week so Joshy can be all dressed for the part.

Well Said! Agreed!

He is going to be in the coaching booth with his long range video camera..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

On a serious note, this is where I expect him to be right next to Ernie Adams conveying information to BB and BOB... and extra set of eyes are beneficial.

The entire organization is pissed off. The kids on the team are no longer happy to "just be there". They want to win and will cut off their right arm for a playoff win.

The older players want one more and are sick of this losing crap as it has taken a bit of the shine off of what this organization is all about- winning big games.

I hate to use history as an example but I look back to those 49ers teams in the mid-80s. They won in 81 and 84 and almost made it in 83. Then in 85-87 they made the playoffs 3 straight times and lost 3 straight times on one-n-out fashion. People were wondering what Cool Joe's problem was. They still had Walsh and the same crowd were questioning his ability to lead the team.
It was ugly. The core issue was the players that they drafted like Rice, Taylor, Rathman, Barton, Haley needed seasoning. We all know what happened in 88 and 89...

I believe that the same thing is happening here. Just like Walsh, BB did not become a bad coach overnight and Brady has not forgotten how to win in the playoffs. With that said, neither man can do it alone. The need help.

I also am of the belief that if he is given any chance at all (protection and any semblence of a defense) Brady has reached the point (and has the weapons around him) to will the team to a Championship. And that is exactly what I expect to transpire over the next 3 games.
3 weeks from tomorrow night, I expect that the legend of Tom Brady will reach its highest level yet.

What's wild about this situation is that, with a little help that's not unreasonable to look for, the Patriots could actually win the Super Bowl without ever facing a top level QB:

49ers beat Saints at home
Giants beat Packers
49ers beat Giants

Patriots beat Broncos
Patriots beat Ravens/Texans

Patriots face Alex Smith in SB...

None of that would be a shock.
Profit!

What's wild about this situation is that, with a little help that's not unreasonable to look for, the Patriots could actually win the Super Bowl without ever facing a top level QB:

49ers beat Saints at home
Giants beat Packers
49ers beat Giants

Patriots beat Broncos
Patriots beat Ravens/Texans

Patriots face Alex Smith in SB...

None of that would be a shock.
Profit!

SF can win today. The Saints are a good team but they are a MUST different bunch on the road.

I also am of the belief that if he is given any chance at all (protection and any semblence of a defense) Brady has reached the point (and has the weapons around him) to will the team to a Championship. And that is exactly what I expect to transpire over the next 3 games.
3 weeks from tomorrow night, I expect that the legend of Tom Brady will reach its highest level yet.

I like the way you think!

Just what we as fans need...

Everyone saying that the 4th Lombardi was backed into by the Pats :mad:

I'd rather the Pats beat Rodgers or Brees :eek:

An SB win is an SB win. The Giants sure don't care that they won in 2007 on a miracle catch and some blatant non-calls on penalties.

So what?

The rest of the nation didn't shed any tears when the Pats went 11-5 with their 2nd string QB and didn't make the playoffs.

We didn't get any bonus points.

An SB win is an SB win. The Giants sure don't care that they won in 2007 on a miracle catch and some blatant non-calls on penalties.

Yep, I don't see a lot of talk about how the Steelers got to feast on Seattle and Arizona, while avoiding the Pats, en route to their wins; not to speak of the calls in the Seattle game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe