PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Branch to New England for 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was an underpayment at this pace. Good to see the Twig back, looks like he never left.

never question "the Bill"

In Bellichick we trust!

Excellent game from Branch today. I liked what I saw in Seattle, and I like what I saw today.

Anyone want to whine about the fourth rounder now?

Anyone?

Anyone want to whine about the fourth rounder now?

Anyone?

Why would my opinion change on that?

I'm looking at what he did the last couple of years and a 4th round pick for that was a very poor trade.

Fact that he came back in here and looked like the Branch of old is irrelevant. I still think they should have got him cheaper.

Excellent game from Branch today. I liked what I saw in Seattle, and I like what I saw today.

I presume you are talking this year and I was saying the same thing a couple of weeks back before any trade talk. First time he looked good though was this year.

I'm looking at what he did the last couple of years and a 4th round pick for that was a very poor trade.

Fact that he came back in here and looked like the Branch of old is irrelevant. I still think they should have got him cheaper.

Your position supposes he could have been gotten for cheaper. This is likely not the case. Seattle set their price to part with him. I don't think for one second they'd have given him up for less.

Yeesh people, give him a few games before you start sacrificing your first born to him.

I like Deion Branch.

LOL, yes, you know best. Give me a BREAK. And enjoy your crow. I suppose you sat in the corner whimpering and wearing a Moss jersey.:rolleyes:

LOL, yes, you know best. Give me a BREAK. And enjoy your crow. I suppose you sat in the corner whimpering and wearing a Moss jersey.:rolleyes:

^
This

A 4th for Branch was a good deal and I'm gald we made it! Randy who? lol

I loved the guy they showed in a white tshirt where he had wrote 'Moss Who?'

Your position supposes he could have been gotten for cheaper. This is likely not the case. Seattle set their price to part with him. I don't think for one second they'd have given him up for less.

Well they signed Stokely a couple of weeks back and Mike Williams was clearly healthy going by his performance today so I think when you look at that along with Deon Butler, Branch was being phased out there and his salary was pretty big too so I do think they would have been willing to move a bit on that.

I don't mind giving up a fourth round pick for a veteran player since the Patriots will still have a lot of draft picks. But I don't like the pick up of Deion Branch. I think his knees are shot and he won't contribute much.

What do I know? :bricks:

Just check my posts and you'll see I never said anything negative about us bringing in Branch at all. I just think the could have been got a lot cheaper is all.

What he did today doesn't change that. I'm delighted he is back here but I still believe they could have gotten him cheaper.

You are coming up with a results orientated argument which is ridiculous. Just so you know and you can see it in the future, if I say somebody wasn't worth something and he has a stinker I won't be looking to bring it up again.

I loved the guy they showed in a white tshirt where he had wrote 'Moss Who?'

I loved that T-shirt. The guy obviously pulled out a black marker and a white T-shirt and got some TV time. Good call, buddy.

ROFL. Well put.

Branch looks way more than a JAG in the Pats system. He is showing why he was a great fit. Getting him for a 4th appears to be a bargain. We swapped Maroney for Branch. Good deal, particularly when it leads to a huge W against a tough Baltimore team.

You are coming up with a results orientated argument which is ridiculous. Just so you know and you can see it in the future, if I say somebody wasn't worth something and he has a stinker I won't be looking to bring it up again.

You're living in LA LA land if you think results don't matter. The NFL is a business. If Deion had arrived and done zippedy doo dah, people would have criticized the trade based on the results.
Deion comes in and immediately contributes to a win. RESULTS MATTER.
As Tom Brady has said, CORRECTLY, what matters at the end of the day is the W. That is what you will be judged on, and that's how things should work.

It don't matter if you draft what looks like the most talented athletes in the world - see Jackson, Chad & Maroney, Laurence: If they don't produce squat. Those are terrible uses of picks. The only redeeming factor for Maroney is that he netted us Branch in return. So at least we netted a useful offensive piece for dumping his mediocre butt on someone else.

ENJOY:
eatcrow.jpg

Last edited:

But that's not one of the options. Bill & Floyd know there way around a negotiation, and a 4th was what it took. So the options are 4th or no trade, choose one.

People people people... The WR rarely if ever makes the QB, it's the other way around.

did anyone think Branch was going to go to the Seahawks and do better than with Brady throwing to him? Of course he looked average...

He's coming back to where life was good, he was young and stupid and chased money, now he's realized things are different and there are more important things than getting the top dollar, more important;y he did get top dollar... so he's got his money, back with his QB that made him amazing.

With our WR options, zinging and zagging all over the field... were solid.

This is a PERFECT move... he knows the system, has the timing, brings experience to the team of the good ole days, and knows what to do to win.

If you guys actually think the WR's make the QB's you haven't been watching Tom Brady for the past 8 years... Brady made BRanch, Hasslebeck couldn't pull the trigger fast enough or accurate enough to work with Branch.

This is a Great move!

Man, you know what, you're right, and you called it! Brady is what makes Branch such a weapon. I gotta give you props for that!

Man, you know what, you're right, and you called it! Brady is what makes Branch such a weapon. I gotta give you props for that!

Wow thanks! I mean even when Branch was here the first time, it wasn't Branch who did anything for Brady, it's simply Brady's accuracy and trigger reflexs which match up with Branch skillset as a WR perfectly... just like Welker.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe