PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schedule Prediction: Pats open season @ Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be Colts/Saints. they usually have the SB champion play a team on the rise to open the season, and the Saints fit that bill.

Is that why we played the Raiders to open the 2005 season? I know..I know...it was the Moss thing.

The NFL no longer wants teams to play on the first Thursday night if that game could go on to decide homefield later in the season. The Colts arranged this after the last time they opened vs each other.

Colts vs Saints makes the most sense.

Pats will likely open on the road since there is a Buffet concert in the Razor that weekend. I see Pats at Ravens in week 1, possibly as a MNF or Sunday Night game. Remember, too, the US Open tennis final is on Sunday at 4:00 meaning CBS will not have a 4:00 game, so most AFC west coast teams are on the road in week 1.

Pats at Colts sometime in late October/early November.

Pats at Boys on Thanksgiving.

Pats vs Jets on MNF on X-mas eve.

i think opening night will be Colts/Saints.

colts/pats is already a big game. they'll save it for a non-kickoff weekend matchup.
I agree with this, in only that the NFL Opener has been so dominated by AFC teams. The Colts are in because they are champs, so New Orleans is a good fit.

Unless everybody whines, and they decide on a sacrificial lamb instead, aka the Raiders in 2005. In that case, perhaps Tampa Bay.

Who else would the Cowboys play? It's usually Dal/Det vs. an AFC team, and Dallas plays the AFC East this year.

Good point. Dallas played Tampa last year, NFC, and Detroit played someone in the AFC, so logic says flip it this year.

Ermm didn't that just happen this season? And the season before?
are you kidding me??
No it didnt happen last season, while some may have watched it on TV it would be completely different seeing it in person and the season before that We raised our last banner remeber that was a fun game Ozzy got us all going nuts than we beat the raiders.

They will NOT open against the Colts. That has been pretty much confirmed. The Pats/Colts will be mid November on Monday night. A ratings horse as always.

Opening night will always been a huge draw so they want to save the Pats and the drama for mid season ratings.

Good point. Dallas played Tampa last year, NFC, and Detroit played someone in the AFC, so logic says flip it this year.

They do flip it. The teams alternate who is on CBS (and plays an AFC team) and who is on Fox (vs an NFC team). This year is Dallas' turn to be on CBS, meaning it will be either the Pats or Jets. Either will get numbers because of their markets and because of it being on Thanksgiving.

i think that the nfl would regard a pats-colts season opener as overkill. the game will be hyped and get a lot of viewers no problem (i like the colts-saints btw). i think they'll put pats-colts as a big audience draw on a sunday or monday night.

i hope we open up in baltimore
the sox are in baltimore that same weekend, and im planning on goin down if the pats are there too

The last Colts Pats game set a record for number of viewers not including the superbowl. I know people are getting sick of them playing all the time, but everyone is watching. There's a very good chance it will be Pats @ Indy again. Epically since we are headlining Free Agency this year.

I don't care when the Pats play the Colts as long as they go to do so following their bye week. The past 2 years, the Pats have had to face the Colts on a short week after a MNF game and after the Colts Bye week.

imho NE@IND will be a Monday Night late october - beginning november...

i expect IND-NO or IND-DEN to be the NFL Opener

The last Colts Pats game set a record for number of viewers not including the superbowl. I know people are getting sick of them playing all the time, but everyone is watching. There's a very good chance it will be Pats @ Indy again. Epically since we are headlining Free Agency this year.
The ratings are high for every Pats/Colts game.Could you imagine what the ratings would be for a Pats vs Colts opening day game?They would shoot through the roof.How ever I think Mr.Kraft is going to do his best to prevent this from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft