PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

danam404

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Well... I'm making the plunge this year. I have a hotel, flights, rental car.... just need tickets. Those of you who have done it before, any tips on when/where to buy? Buy now? Wait? Anyone here have any and can't make it? Any advice would be appreciated from Super Bowl Vets!

Dana

I can't help you here, but I just want to say... the fact that you can call for "Super Bowl Vets" here to help you out... and that's a perfectly reasonable request... is the most awesome thing ever. we have super bowl vets. lol

Well... I'm making the plunge this year. I have a hotel, flights, rental car.... just need tickets. Those of you who have done it before, any tips on when/where to buy? Buy now? Wait? Anyone here have any and can't make it? Any advice would be appreciated from Super Bowl Vets!

Dana
I've been to four Pats Super Bowls and got tix different ways. A couple times from eBay private sellers, once from a season ticket holder who won the team lottery and was selling his, another time from a corporate source. Brokers are the worst, avoid them if at all possible. Whatever you do, have your tix in hand before traveling (lots of horror stories from those who didn't). The initial NFL Ticket Exchange prices are insane -- $4,500 for a nosebleed end zone seat.

Last edited:
As far as waiting or buy now, it's a risk. Sometimes tickets get cheaper. Sometimes they don't. At the Pat's/Seahawks Super Bowl we paid $7,200 per ticket and our broker delivering them to our hotel the day before the game, offered to buy them back from us for $13,000 on the spot. By game day the tickets in our section were on stubhub for $17,000-$20,000 each.

As far as waiting or buy now, it's a risk. Sometimes tickets get cheaper. Sometimes they don't. At the Pat's/Seahawks Super Bowl we paid $7,200 per ticket and our broker delivering them to our hotel the day before the game, offered to buy them back from us for $13,000 on the spot. By game day the tickets in our section were on stubhub for $17,000-$20,000 each.
For 20k a ticket, I’d have been pretty damn tempted to sell them. Jeez. That’s crazy.

I threw $10 for a Patriots Super Bowl charity raffle ticket ... that's my limit.

LINK: Patriots Gillette Stadium

ImgDyn.cfm

Official Prize Package:

• Two (2) – Round-trip flights to Minneapolis, MN
  • Two (2) – Lower bowl tickets to SOLD OUT Super Bowl LII
  • Two (2) – Tickets to the Patriots Pregame Tailgate Party
  • Two (2) – Tickets to the Official Patriots Postgame Extravaganza
  • Transportation for two (2) in Minneapolis between events
  • Official Patriots and Super Bowl LII gifts

I threw $10 for a Patriots Super Bowl charity raffle ticket ... that's my limit.

ImgDyn.cfm

Official Prize Package:

Thanks for the link. I entered too. What the heck - I hope one of us wins!

Well... I'm making the plunge this year. I have a hotel, flights, rental car.... just need tickets. Those of you who have done it before, any tips on when/where to buy? Buy now? Wait? Anyone here have any and can't make it? Any advice would be appreciated from Super Bowl Vets

Glad for you!

I've been only once, last year. After the AFC CG the cheapest one was around 4k. But later the prices dropped significantly. The cheapest one I saw was around 2k. That's of course for the worst seat. I bought mine for 3,1k three days before the game - sideline upper section in the middle of the stadium.

This year after the AFC CG the cheapest one was 5,5k. Now it's 3,5k. I don't know the future, but think that it can drop more closer to the game. At least that how it was last years, except for the one vs Seahawks - it was vice versa.

Super-Bowl-Ticket-Price-History.jpg

As for the secondary markets - try tickpick, stubhub or seatgeek. The first one (tickpick) has the lowest prices as they don't take the comission from the buyers.

My only advice would be to try to find a companion, cause usually the tickets are being sold by pairs. So you have more options to chose from and the price can be better if you buy two tickets instead of one.

ImgDyn.cfm

Official Prize Package:

Bugs me that that website is not secure

Dana

I got mine from tickpick last year. They charge NO buyer’s fees. I saved probably $800-$1000.

I've only been to two Pats Super Bowls - both against the Giants. My friends and family don't let me attend Super Bowls anymore :(

First time I bought them on Stubhub, I think. Second time was given the ticket from my boss. Both worked fine, the free one was finer!

I got mine last year through a ticket broker I found on eBay, although I bought them direct. I emailed a few different brokers and told them my price range and eventually got a pair the Monday before the game for 5k when the prices were low, they went up a bit later that week and not sure what they were day of but I didn’t want to go without tickets in hand.

Go on eBay and find some tickets and set alerts, watch tickpick, stubhub, etc and watch the trends. Philly fans will probably buy up a ton early.

I've only been to two Pats Super Bowls - both against the Giants. My friends and family don't let me attend Super Bowls anymore :(

First time I bought them on Stubhub, I think. Second time was given the ticket from my boss. Both worked fine, the free one was finer!
I think we all say
Stay away
P.J.!
:)

Before both giants games my son and I built a Super Bowl Shrine. The rule being whatever the number of the SB you put in that many patriot items. In 14 my son seriously got mad at the suggestion of a shrine because the shrine was 0-2.
I’m thinking it’s time to built a new one and I am the last person to buy into superstition but if I do and they lose my son will blame me forever.
Maybe I’ll change it up and build one with 51 items to celebrate last years win.

I've only been to two Pats Super Bowls - both against the Giants. My friends and family don't let me attend Super Bowls anymore :( First time I bought them on Stubhub, I think. Second time was given the ticket from my boss. Both worked fine, the free one was finer!
I was at both of those as well. Gladly, I had previously attended the Carolina and Philly Super Bowls. It feels odd I haven't been to one in six years now.

Last edited:
Unless you're headed to Minny with a larger group of fellow Patriottes, I wouldn't recommed going. Philly fans are ruthless.

Before both giants games my son and I built a Super Bowl Shrine. The rule being whatever the number of the SB you put in that many patriot items. In 14 my son seriously got mad at the suggestion of a shrine because the shrine was 0-2.
I’m thinking it’s time to built a new one and I am the last person to buy into superstition but if I do and they lose my son will blame me forever.
Maybe I’ll change it up and build one with 51 items to celebrate last years win.
Why take a chance? Just say no to shrines!

"Plummeting"? From what -- $7k to $4k?
They are down to $3,500 (without fees) on many sites. Apparently lots of Vikings fans bought and are now dumping. Maybe we aren't shut out yet Tune!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back