PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB 42 on the line,Its 4th and 3 at the goal line,2 seconds left,Pats down by 4...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Can Maroney win it if the ball is in his hands at this time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet again, the clown patrol has to come attacking players when they don't know what the hell they're talking about. It's amazing that on a Patriots fan board, we're seeing such huge numbers of people who don't even understand the most basic concepts of the game. The team is 13-0 and people are actually *****ing because a player isn't getting the ball enough as if that's some proof that the guy can't play.

This board really needs to institute a minimum football I.Q. test. The O.P., who's looking at 4th and 3 ON THE GOAL LINE, would clearly fail.

Last edited:
Maroney gets stuffed at the line by the D-Line.

No worries. Ken Whisenhunt, however, called a timeout immediately prior to the snap. Realizing the error of his ways, McDaniels sends in Vrabel for his next TD installment.

That's one very wide goal line.

But this thread is very important. It's crucial to get input on scenarios that are almost guaranteed not to arise. I think we should also find out if people would be confident in Kevin Faulk catching a pass out of the backfield on third down and six from our own forty yard line in the snow, at night, against a top 15 defense that had allowed 24 points in the game thus far. These are the things that keep me up at night.

NO team in NFL history would ever run the ball in that situation so its a ridiculous question.

NO team in NFL history would ever run the ball in that situation so its a ridiculous question.

exactly why that is exactly wut u do...

Maroney gets the handoff.....

How comfortable are you that we score that Maroney comes through to win the Championship?

I wouldn't want to run the ball in that situation, and frankly it's almost bad football to expect 3 yards in that situation. Give me fourth down on the goaline, and I'll change my mind, but 4th and 3 with the game on the line? In my opinion it'd be stupid playcalling to run it there, and you'd be asking for it.

This question is just stupid because the OFFENSIVE LINE is the one that would have to win this situation for us.

4th and goal from the 3 is a passing down for almost every team in the NFL. San Diego, Minnesota, maybe KC with a healthy LJ are running it there. No one else is.

Everyone knows that in this situation we direct snap to Kevin Faulk. :D

Oh wait, Marty Schottenheimer doesn't know.

Last edited:
I would not be very confident 4th and 3 down 4 in the final seconds, period. There is no "sure" thing there. I wouldn't want anyone except Brady with the ball, but that doesn't mean I'm 100% confident that he'll get it done, I mean we obviously didn't get it done on 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Most people would be NERVOUS and not 100% confident no matter who the hell was on the team. That means this thread is just trying to trick people into "realizing" that Maroney is bad.

Bingo! We've got Bingo! This thread isn't all that intelligent if you ask me, and the situation for those who've played football wouldn't be a run first situation. My stomach would be turning upside down no matter who the RB is if the Patriots ran the ball on 4th down from the 3 yardline, with the game in the balance.

I'd probably make a hate thread aimed at McDaniels, as they'd likely not convert (no matter who's the back), and it'd be one of the dumbest play calls I've ever witnessed.

Maroney gets stuffed at the line by the D-Line.

No worries. Ken Whisenhunt, however, called a timeout immediately prior to the snap. Realizing the error of his ways, McDaniels sends in Vrabel for his next TD installment.

are you saying the Cardinals are going to the SB as NFC representaive?:confused: :confused:

My answer on this question is another question, are we running the ball INCREDIBLY well in the game?

If not then no, wouldnt want to go that route.
If we are, I still would want some other play.
If it were at the goal line I'd want a direct snap to Kevin Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes