PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saturday Playoff Game: Gumbel & Dierdorf

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good announcer (doesn't root for one team over the other), but for some reason I am annoyed with the way he pronounces his name...

I can't agree more. For some reason I picture him staring in the mirror thinking, "If I pronounce it Eye-An Eagle, it will sound like IRON EAGLE! THAT'S AWESOME!"

I'm sure there's another reason, but I can't get it out of my brain.

So this game is win-win, then. Even if the Pats lose, it's the last time I will have to hear Dierdouche call a Pats game.

I will never forget the glee in his voice yelling "Brady is down!" a few times in 2008. GFY, Dan Dierdorf.

looks like i'm listening to the game in spanish...

i don't even speak spanish.

I do speak Spanish and I've never even considered this. There's a first time for everything.

I can't agree more. For some reason I picture him staring in the mirror thinking, "If I pronounce it Eye-An Eagle, it will sound like IRON EAGLE! THAT'S AWESOME!"

I'm sure there's another reason, but I can't get it out of my brain.

He has always called himslef IRON EAGLE, he started at WFAN in New York doing the sports flash back in the 90s. Its always nice to see someone who has "paid his dues" make it to the big time. He is a quality announcer.

Let's send ole Dan off the right way, by shoving a Patriots victory up his a#4.s

A third possibility would be to make Eagle and Fouts their number two team, but that somehow seems very unfair to Gumbel; first he had to put up with working with Dierdorf for years, and then when Dierdorf finally leaves he gets a demotion.

I'm voting for Gumbel + Rodney Harrison.

I was hoping for Marv Albert.

The playoff game will be very intense for me and each time Marv speaks, I would picture is rug getting ripped away which in turn would elicit giggling and would help offset my viewing intensity.

I was hoping for Marv Albert.

Every time I hear his name, I get that parody song to "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" stuck in my head. even after all these years I can recall the lyrics (and I didn't even follow basketball much back then (meaning I had not great love or hate for the guy).

Ughhh can't stand them was hoping for Nantz and Simms

You guys are douchbags. Deirdorf is fine.

Off topic, is there a better Patriots forum than this one? You can tell how stupid a fan is when they think an announcer is "against" their team. This forum is filled with a bunch of loser GE 40+ year olds.

Why just why you assign these two idiots to a playoff game questions me.

this may cause 4-5 people to buy tickets and go becasue of the fact they will kill kittens if they hear his voice again

Off topic, is there a better Patriots forum than this one? You can tell how stupid a fan is when they think an announcer is "against" their team. This forum is filled with a bunch of loser GE 40+ year olds.
You joined 13 months ago and this is your first post?

As for better forum, I'm sure a jet forum will welcome your positive attitude.

I am sure it is kind of a sad day for him as it just another example of father time weighing you down. It sucks that time is a finite resource...

I hope he realizes what joy his retirement is bringing to the listeners, though.

Why just why you assign these two idiots to a playoff game questions me.

Is this CBS' 2nd tier broadcasting group? If so, it makes more sense, as Simms/Nantz are likely doing another game for them.

It's still a bit surprising to see that they'd be the #2 behind Simms/Nantz though, unless I'm missing something and there are more than 2 games on CBS this weekend or something--which is quite possible. I don't pay attention as much as some others when it comes to stuff like this, but I definitely agree that Dierdorf is downright awful....

Is this CBS' 2nd tier broadcasting group? If so, it makes more sense, as Simms/Nantz are likely doing another game for them.

It's still a bit surprising to see that they'd be the #2 behind Simms/Nantz though, unless I'm missing something and there are more than 2 games on CBS this weekend or something--which is quite possible. I don't pay attention as much as some others when it comes to stuff like this, but I definitely agree that Dierdorf is downright awful....

It puzzles my how there number 2. Ian eagle and Dan fouts are way better then then theses 2 characters.

Yeah, there is a better forum. It's called dinksandtrolls.douche and you're the mod and only member. Enjoy it.

Yeah, there is a better forum. It's called dinksandtrolls.douche and you're the mod and only member. Enjoy it.

I pop in over there time to time myself, so they have at least 2 known members :)

Dierdorf is a huge inspiration for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes