PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

sal palantonio on espnews

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the record i didnt call us doomed.

No one complaining about the defense said the "Pats are doomed" but insults and lies are the usual tactics of the homers on this board when the facts are not on their side. So, don't waste your time giving clarification, just ignore those kinds of posts like I do. :D

Or you will be called a jets fan. Dont even think about questioning Maroneys durability. Everyone knows maroney is just sitting because we dont need him.:rolleyes:

We WERE having him sit because we don't need him. I would think even you would get this today. Were you watching?

You must still be working on my challenge to find a single negative post I made about the pats as a whole aside from maroney jackson's durability.

Keep on making things up, just make you look insecure.

Your boys are down 31-23, man.
Think they'll pull it off?

Last edited:
iam only agreeing to the fact that the D needs improvement.Doesnt matter what other posters think. All of us are entitled to our opinions. We all want the team to improve. its just sad that pointing out potential flaws makes you get called out as a moron by fellow fans.

These people are being picked on because you can't judge your defense when your team is consistently BLOWING OUT the opposition.

The ONLY way to measure your defense is to see how they play in a close game...i.e. the Colts game Nov. 4th. When you're up by 35 points after the 1st half, it's impossible for ANY defense to have the same mindset as they must have in a close game.

Go check the stats on teams that score 30+ points per game. You won't see their defense ranking consistently among the best.

Typically, the #1 defensive team in the NFL has an offense that ranks in the middle or slightly above the middle. Look at the year the Ravens won the SB. They had the #1 defense and a fairly poor offense. It actually helps the defense to play in closer games and hurts the defense (as measured by points/yds allowed) to play in blow-outs.

It actually makes a lot of sense. I'd say "point differential" is even more important in determining how the defense plays.

These people are being picked on because you can't judge your defense when your team is consistently BLOWING OUT the opposition.

The ONLY way to measure your defense is to see how they play in a close game...i.e. the Colts game Nov. 4th. When you're up by 35 points after the 1st half, it's impossible for ANY defense to have the same mindset as they must have in a close game.

Go check the stats on teams that score 30+ points per game. You won't see their defense ranking consistently among the best.

Typically, the #1 defensive team in the NFL has an offense that ranks in the middle or slightly above the middle. Look at the year the Ravens won the SB. They had the #1 defense and a fairly poor offense. It actually helps the defense to play in closer games and hurts the defense (as measured by points/yds allowed) to play in blow-outs.

It actually makes a lot of sense. I'd say "point differential" is even more important in determining how the defense plays.

You're probably right, but:

A. Letting up is at a minimum worrisome.
B. One would hope that a big point differential would lead to the positive result of aggression and fun with TOs. Although that's mainly a function of the opposition having to pass, and in fact Miami did smart things like keeping running and resigining themselves to risking four-down football.

Last edited:

Indeed...one cannot tell if defensive players are missing tackles, getting eaten up by blockers, overrunning lanes, leaving gaps open, letting receivers get open....etc., etc. when the offense scores a lot. :rolleyes:

You homers are too much. It must be fun to live in lala land. Thank god the Pats' coaches don't reside there.

Indeed...one cannot tell if defensive players are missing tackles, getting eaten up by blockers, overrunning lanes, leaving gaps open, letting receivers get open....etc., etc. when the offense scores a lot. :rolleyes:

You homers are too much. It must be fun to live in lala land. Thank god the Pats' coaches don't reside there.

It would be one thing if you would actually point to things which are problems and break it down. However, haven't bothered to do that. Here's some reality: The Patriots are winning games by more points than they are allowing per game. Try to wrap your brain around that. The team's margin of victory is higher than the team's points allowed on a per game basis. If you and the rest of the idiot committee would start breaking things down realistically instead of crying because the Dolphins had one good drive in the first half today, you'd be able to hold rational discussions.

You see, there are valid points to be made on a micro level, such as "Jarvis Green can't hold the point of attack the way Seymour can, and this could be a problem against at team like the Redskins". However, rather than breaking things down on that level, where your complaints would have some validity, you go straight to "THE SKY IS FALLING BECAUSE MIAMI SCORED 7 POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF ON ONE DECENT DRIVE!!!!!! OMG, IT'S EVEN WORSE BECAUSE THEY MISSED SOME TACKLES IN A RECORD SETTING (Most touchdowns in a game for Brady's career) BLOWOUT!!!!". And, as a result, you look like a complete and total idiot.

It doesn't take a homer to realize that this team is killing people, and it doesn't take a homer to see that the defense is not letting up many points when the games have been in doubt.

You chicken little's have no perspective and don't realize that the Pats were playing Prevent Defense in the 2nd half. Do you know what the prevent defense entails? It entails keeping players in front of you. Not jamming them at the lines.. Willing to give up the short yardage on runs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes