PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Safety Louis Delmas interviewed by Dean Pees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delmas only put up the bench 12 times. YIKES

BB recently stated that he is re-evaluating safeties due to the need of them having to be able to cover more athletic and pass catching TEs. It sounds like he is looking for a corner with enough physicality to play safety as well. He even dropped Malcolm Jenkin's name in there as someone who played corner but has the means to play safety.

Also, I wouldn't rule out Rashad Johnson from Alabama. Saban raved about the kid's intelligence and leadership so BB might go that route to shore up our safety position.

6'3.5" Sean Smith. PRODUCTIVE, and fantastic athlete.

On the nose.

Believe me I'm not a traditionalist. But, I still like to see one safety a lil "strong"er than the other. One that can go head to head with a tight end.

You, know I started writing that, then thought of one play in particular where this would have helped, and believe me I'm one of the bigger Meriweather fans in here, he was my personal choice to draft that yr (just barely ahead of my UMich boy Woodley-not David Harris). Anyway, back to my point: the jets conversion on third and long.

Believe me I'm not a traditionalist. But, I still like to see one safety a lil "strong"er than the other. One that can go head to head with a tight end.

You, know I started writing that, then thought of one play in particular where this would have helped, and believe me I'm one of the bigger Meriweather fans in here, he was my personal choice to draft that yr (just barely ahead of my UMich boy Woodley-not David Harris). Anyway, back to my point: the jets conversion on third and long.
This is a reasonably deep draft for Safety, if a bit shallow at the top. I'd be happy getting Delmas early and shopping for a Chip Vaughn or a Stephen Hodge later.

FWIW, flat barbell bench press (for repetitions, nonetheless) is probably the least accurate indicator of functional playing strength.

Why they don't have these kids hang cleaning for reps is beyond me. Benching 225 for 25 reps tells me nothing about how strong the guy is. Have 'em hangclean with 225 for reps? Now we're talkin.

Last edited:
This is a reasonably deep draft for Safety, if a bit shallow at the top. I'd be happy getting Delmas early and shopping for a Chip Vaughn or a Stephen Hodge later.

I bet Hodge moves over to LB. I love Vaughn though.

Last edited:
I bet Hodge moves over to LB. I love Vaughn though.
I'm sure the LB needy teams will rate Hodge earlier, but he's still my Rodney Jr. and would be a great 5th round choice to emulate Rodney's career start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call