Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sad News..

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by KDPpatsfan, Jan 20, 2006.

1. KDPpatsfan

KDPpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I used to live in ME and loved to listen to the morning show with Shu and Fix..

I just learned that Frank Fixaris passed away recently. To bad..I really loved that show and thought it was one of the few good local ones.

RIP Fix.
  2. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I believe it was a few days ago in a fire...Dale Arnold was really so so close to him..talked a LOT about him as well. Pretty sad..but yes, he was talked about a lot..I believe on Tuesday's show??? Sad..I never knew about him, but
    from what I heard, he was a regional legend and a great guy.
  3. KDPpatsfan

KDPpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, I'm only 25 but I think Fix was around for a very very long time.
  4. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +113 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I was surprised that his age was only 71. He looked much older that that. He use to do great play by play high school basketball.
  5. KDPpatsfan

KDPpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

he did smoke for 50 years...
  6. festy1986

festy1986 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I had been listening to the show all last week up untill his death, he was the only reason to listen to that show.

His partner is a aragont ass who I can't bare to listen to, but he did a great job this week in tribute to Frank.

The man is a local legend who could of left for the biggest of all big markets if he wanted to, ala Boston or New York but stayed here because of his love for local sports.

He had that voice you look for in a great sports commentator or in his case a radio personallity.

What makes this so sad to hear was it was a untimely death, killed by a fire started by a ciggeratte he was smoking while on his own couch. That is no way for anyone to go.