PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad News..

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I used to live in ME and loved to listen to the morning show with Shu and Fix..

I just learned that Frank Fixaris passed away recently. To bad..I really loved that show and thought it was one of the few good local ones.

RIP Fix.

I believe it was a few days ago in a fire...Dale Arnold was really so so close to him..talked a LOT about him as well. Pretty sad..but yes, he was talked about a lot..I believe on Tuesday's show??? Sad..I never knew about him, but
from what I heard, he was a regional legend and a great guy.

Pats726 said:
I believe it was a few days ago in a fire...Dale Arnold was really so so close to him..talked a LOT about him as well. Pretty sad..but yes, he was talked about a lot..I believe on Tuesday's show??? Sad..I never knew about him, but
from what I heard, he was a regional legend and a great guy.
Yes, I'm only 25 but I think Fix was around for a very very long time.

I was surprised that his age was only 71. He looked much older that that. He use to do great play by play high school basketball.

PATSNUTme said:
I was surprised that his age was only 71. He looked much older that that. He use to do great play by play high school basketball.
he did smoke for 50 years...

I had been listening to the show all last week up untill his death, he was the only reason to listen to that show.

His partner is a aragont ass who I can't bare to listen to, but he did a great job this week in tribute to Frank.

The man is a local legend who could of left for the biggest of all big markets if he wanted to, ala Boston or New York but stayed here because of his love for local sports.

He had that voice you look for in a great sports commentator or in his case a radio personallity.

What makes this so sad to hear was it was a untimely death, killed by a fire started by a ciggeratte he was smoking while on his own couch. That is no way for anyone to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft