Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
How good is he?
I just seen a Mock that had us trading both #1's to Arizona to grab him @
#8.
I don't know much about him but I can't see us doing this. It's still fun to read these Mock drafts.

Another one I seen...funny
this time we trade with SF...

NE(from SF)- Dwayne Jarrett|WR|USC
NE could not believe he fell this far and decided that they needed to do something to help their terrible WR corps.

carolinatony said:
Another one I seen...funny
this time we trade with SF...

NE(from SF)- Dwayne Jarrett|WR|USC
NE could not believe he fell this far and decided that they needed to do something to help their terrible WR corps.

Bogus. Not a chance.

A lot of poeple think this kid is a future All Pro in the making. He's played every position in the secondary and appears to have it all, intincts, coverage skills, speed, lose hips, smooth back pedal, powerful hitter, ST experience and blitzing ability.
The only knocks I see is the lack of bulk and big plays in big games.
(Wolick will add the bulk.)
I watched the Florida game and he didn't make many plays. Now whether that was because Florida stayed away from him or not, is debatable. In the Auburn game, same thing.
But there is no doubt he is the truth.

PS: I see that Griffin of Texas is hurt and might not play this weekend.

Ochmed,
Landry blocked the punt late in the game to give LSU the ball inside the Florida 20. Of course, the QB promptly threw a pick in the endzone. Landry's play was clutch and athletic. Of course, it had nothing to do with his coverage ability.

I've seen him play a few times and nothing impressed me that much. I'd take Eugene Wilson over him, but what do I know?

Safeties are hard to evaluate. I remember a couple drafts ago, Brandon Everage was supposed to go to the Pats in 1st or 2nd round. Undrafted. Ernest Shazor one of the top safeties...undrafted. You can never tell. Guss Scott, a 3rd round reach...bust.

They seem to be better at drafting CBs.

You hear a lot of talk on the sports shows about how teams can't win without the super safety and they reference Harrison, Polomalu and Dexter Jackson. I don't know if I buy that.

Maybe it's because of the passing emphasis.

Ochmed Jones said:
You hear a lot of talk on the sports shows about how teams can't win without the super safety and they reference Harrison, Polomalu and Dexter Jackson. I don't know if I buy that.

Maybe it's because of the passing emphasis.

I think its safe to say that Safety is a position of need for the Pats. Gus Scott and James Sanders have been busts.

kurtinelson said:
I think its safe to say that Safety is a position of need for the Pats. Gus Scott and James Sanders have been busts.

Why is Sanders a bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye