PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan gets another shot in at Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
It Is What It Is | Rex Ryan: Jets have ‘done a pretty good job’ of beating Patriots

“This isn’t just about beating New England because, quite honestly, we’ve done a pretty good job of it,” Ryan said. “It seems like nobody else in the league can beat them, so we’ve got to find ways to beat Green Bay, to beat Baltimore, to beat these other teams we lost to. That’s going to be a huge challenge for us.

“Unfortunately, we play a team that no other team in the league can beat,” added Ryan. “We might be able to beat them, but we’re not getting a whole lot of help from anybody else when they play that team. So we’ve got to be good enough to win against all these other teams.”

“I’m kind of at a loss for why we played so poorly. … It was uncharacteristic of our team,” said Ryan. “How close are we to reaching our goals? Pretty darn close. … We weren’t good enough to get it done, but that doesn’t mean that we won’t be good enough to get it done next year.”

Last edited:
He's 3-2 against the Pats he should relax lol Next year we're sweeping those bastards and make sure they don't even see the playoffs.

Re: Rex Ryan's final shot at pats before offseason

7344.gif

Just get back on Craigslist and Alt.com, Rex. NYC stopped caring about you the minute you slammed your headset down like a fat 4 year old not getting the candybar he wants.

Sure he may think he's done a "pretty good job" of beating the Pats since he joined the Jests, but what about the search to find 3 strangers to plug his wife's ***** while he watches? :D

I mean, he's not wrong, since he's one of the only active coaches (the only?) with a >.500 record against us, but still. Are the Pats so deeply in his head that he still feels the need to talk about it?

This is almost a compliment....he's saying that the only team in the league that can beat us is a team that built themselves to beat us and only us.

Pretty much saying we're the best team in the league :D

(I look for the positives)

I mean, he's not wrong, since he's one of the only active coaches (the only?) with a >.500 record against us, but still. Are the Pats so deeply in his head that he still feels the need to talk about it?

Mike Sannahan OWNED us.

He's 3-2 against the Pats he should relax lol Next year we're sweeping those bastards and make sure they don't even see the playoffs.

+1. I mean so Rex has eeked out a nice record in two years where his team was loaded for bear/a title run and the Pats were restocking. Can we give it a bit more time before handing out lifetime achievement awards? Shanahan owned us over a long period....

He may say this isn't just about beating New England but everything he's shown us to date proves otherwise.

I love this stuff cause you know it eats at BB (and it damn well should) such that next season with new Pats FAs and mega draft picks with a continued old/new team attitude will see what's termed 'a reversal of fortune'.

I'm sick of this footsie blimp. Put the scores of the 3 games together and its 80-59. At the end of the day the fat man sang and barely got a ringtone, let alone a ring.

he is right though

i know how he feels, my chargers are built to beat the colts but they lose to better teams (afc east/north teams)

This guy seems to be losing his mind......he keeps rambling in and making NO sense.....they beat us 2/3 times this year...but generally speaking in both of their wins pats shot self in foot so badly and beat themselves. When pats won....they BLEW the jests out....outplayed....outcoached....out-strategized...F Rex...that bloated A-hole!

The Patriots are 24-10 (.706) over the past 2 seasons. 3 of the 10 losses have come against the Jets, in just 5 games, meaning the Patriots are 22-7 (.759) in games against the rest of the league and 2-3 (.400) in games against the Jets.

Ryan's absolutely correct.

I thought Rex Ryan said everything he was doing was designed to beat Peyton Manning and the Colts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents