PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumors - NE interested in Allen Robinson

His best season is 73 receptions, that’s not a #1 receiver, and the Patriots are already stocked with 2’s and 3’s. What they need is a true #1, who will push the others down the depth chart and give them better match ups. Mac Jones isn’t Brady, and unless they get him some real help at WR this team is going nowhere. Don’t believe me, just ask Dante Scarnnechia, who said the same thing. If they spend any money on a WR who isn’t a true #1 then it’s a complete waste of $ and cap space.

I think you gotta find a guy in the draft. Supposed to be stacked at receiver. If only we hit on one in 2019 we would be set.

Sometimes statistics don't tell the complete story.

There were literally no other WRs (C. Conley career avg 400 yards per season and Dede Westbrook career 357 yds per season were the two best) and Minshaw was the QB. He was a second year WR facing double coverage and had zero help.

A #1 WR is one who makes a difference and he did that year.

We see it differently. A # 1 is a WR who can go up against the best CB on an opposing defense and beat them consistently, it’s not simply the best receiver on a bad team. If that were the measure then Agholor would be a #1, because he was the most productive and best receiver on a bad Raiders team.

I’m not saying that the #1 has to be a pro type, like Moss, Irvin, Hopkins, Fitzgerald et al…Ateve Smith was far from prototypical, but he was a true #1 because he could go up against the best CB and leave needing them to “ ice up” when he was done with them. That is what the Patriots need right now, a WR who will beat the other team’s best CB, and by drawing that coverage will help to open up the rest of their offense. And while I don’t think they will end up getting Robinson I would like nothing more than to see them double dip at the #1 WR and sign him and draft a top WR in the first round. That would cause defenses to have to cover the entire field, snd help to open everyone up. They have a good run game and the TE’s are really good ( I’m not overlooking how poorly Smith played last season, but I think he’s better than that), so what they need are top WR’s, and other than Robinson and Beckham there aren’t any in this free agency.

I think you gotta find a guy in the draft. Supposed to be stacked at receiver. If only we hit on one in 2019 we would be set.

This draft is really strong at WR, and it looks like there will be some very good options in the first round, even at #21. If they don’t get Robinson then I’m hoping they will get a shot at one of the bigger WR’s in the 1st tound, Williams, Burks, or London, as I think a big downfield threat would really help Jones I like the others as well, but a big target would be nice.

C
RMoss was drafted at #21. Now we just need to find another tall, fast freak with major question marks from an FCS school.
Christian Watson. No major question marks so we’ll have to grab him with 21st pick……in round 3.

Sometimes statistics don't tell the complete story.

There were literally no other WRs (C. Conley career avg 400 yards per season and Dede Westbrook career 357 yds per season were the two best) and Minshaw was the QB. He was a second year WR facing double coverage and had zero help.

A #1 WR is one who makes a difference and he did that year.
A #1 doesn’t need the excuse of who the other receivers are, that’s how you are a #1. In fact a #1 should probably produce more with lesser receivers around him because he needs to be relied upon more.
A # 2 gets overtargetted when there is no one else to throw to and puts up the kind of numbers charm did that one season (which he’s never comfortable close to any other year either)

C

Christian Watson. No major question marks so we’ll have to grab him with 21st pick……in round 3.
You better hope he interviews well and is a eloquent speaker. Those criterias are very important on all three downs. IF not he's off BB's Draft board. rolleyes

You better hope he interviews well and is a eloquent speaker. Those criterias are very important on all three downs. IF not he's off BB's Draft board. rolleyes
I better not hope anything. I could care less if Bill drafts Watson. I was replying to someone else’s post about a Randy Moss in this draft. So take a 5 from posting on here.

I better not hope anything. I could care less if Bill drafts Watson. I was replying to someone else’s post about a Randy Moss in this draft. So take a 5 from posting on here.
Internet tough guy really shaking in my boots here. :rolleyes:

Right, it’s easier to win with undisciplined dummies right?
It’s shocking the dynasty you were handed as a fan taught you nothing.

Right, it’s easier to win with undisciplined dummies right?
It’s shocking the dynasty you were handed as a fan taught you nothing.
Dynasty lead by THE GOAT Brady.

Dynasty lead by THE GOAT Brady.
No the dynasty was led by the GOAT Belichick and the GOAT Brady helped it be successful. Brady didn’t:
-establish the culture ( you know the one that all the players who have been here and won speak about like it’s remarkable)
-establish the schemes
-acquire the players
-hire the coaching staff.
-coach the players
-manage the cap
-coordinate the offense defense or special teams
-have anything to do with the defense and special teams

Having the GOAT QB surely contributed a lot to the success but the dynasty was led by Belichick and there is simply no debating that.

This draft is really strong at WR, and it looks like there will be some very good options in the first round, even at #21. If they don’t get Robinson then I’m hoping they will get a shot at one of the bigger WR’s in the 1st tound, Williams, Burks, or London, as I think a big downfield threat would really help Jones I like the others as well, but a big target would be nice.
I agree 100%...that's why I think BB will shun the WR class until late...it's just what he does...

He had a rookie qb who’s learning curve issue was coming off his primary target too soon before the deeper routes could develop.
There were several issues that stood out but he was late more than early coming off a lot of reads. Tape shows that repeatedly (Bobby O INT, INT to X Howard and others) There were also several instances where we saw Henry & Agholor running free in the 2nd & 3rd levels for the same reason. Post-snap processing is probably priority 1 or 2 imo.

There were several issues that stood out but he was late more than early coming off a lot of reads. Tape shows that repeatedly (Bobby O INT, INT to X Howard and others) There were also several instances where we saw Henry & Agholor running free in the 2nd & 3rd levels for the same reason. Post-snap processing is probably priority 1 or 2 imo.
I saw a lot of leaving the primary, deeper route before it developed to hit the check down. Again, not the worst thing a rookie can do but a good growth area.

This is how fake news develops.

This guy saw the original rumor and posts his version on Twitter. So, thats 2 sources of AR to NE. Soon everyone is talking about this and the media picks up on as fact spreading fertilizer far and wide. Im not Evan BTW.

275885700_10166268040690637_5591322178970085641_n.jpg

I agree 100%...that's why I think BB will shun the WR class until late...it's just what he does...
Idk about that. They are meeting with alot of receiver prospects

Idk about that. They are meeting with alot of receiver prospects
Are they not meeting WR in other years ? I think this might be normal, I can’t imagine BB looks at WR when he looks at the current CB situation

Are they not meeting WR in other years ? I think this might be normal, I can’t imagine BB looks at WR when he looks at the current CB situation
Yeah, cb has to be our top priority now, but I expect them to grab one of the top corners in the draft with the 21st pick. I also think they will pick up a f/a cb as well. This wr market is insane now, players are getting paid and paid high.

Yeah, cb has to be our top priority now, but I expect them to grab one of the top corners in the draft with the 21st pick. I also think they will pick up a f/a cb as well. This wr market is insane now, players are getting paid and paid high.
The agholor and Bourne deals are looking good rn
I don’t know about 21 for CB
Gardner stingley will be gone
Booth likely as well
I wouldn’t touch other CB with the 21 pick
I think the FA will show a trade down is more likely

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes