PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumors - NE interested in Allen Robinson

Triumph

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
FWIW

I would love for this to true and for Robinson to be a Patriot. Tough contested receptions are his specialty. He is the "move the chains" guy that Dante Scar was referring to. On the plus side Robinson is coming off a bad year, so he may be ok with a prove it like deal. The negative side is that Robinson was looking to strike it rich on his next contract. Whoever gets him will be happy.

I would love this signing. He will be out of reach for the Pats unless he is the one guy they give big money to. He'll turn 29 in August so he'll get a 3-year deal (or 4 for cap saving reasons) from some team.
Yes Robinson had an off year but so did several Bears players. The two years prior he was very good, netting 100 receptions with Trubisky and Foles tossing him the football. We already know Mac is better than those two.

They aren't going to pay what hes asking for. I do like him better than Cooper for sure.

Agholor is making 11m/yr. If you can get Allen for 13m/yr. That would seem a good deal.

Then, trade Agholor for a 6th rounder ...

If youre going to spend on a wr, this would seem like the one that makes most sense. Instead of trading for robbie anderson and a 10m cap hit for what’ll probably be another 500-600 yard year from an expensive wr for us (ie agholor last year), might as well throw an additional 5m or so and get someone actually worthwhile.

This move makes way more sense. Robinson has produced in some poor situations and may be affordable after a down year. If bb does go after a premier wr talent it’s usually on a discount/risk (moss, ab) so depending on the price tag this would seem like a move for him. But I truly have no idea of his market, probably not happening if closer to 20m than 15m. Smith schuster was another rumored move for 6 or 8 mill after his injury shortened year, would do that in a heartbeat.

If not id rather go the bargain bin route ( demiere byrd rd 2?) or mid/lower draft pick than another agholor/anderson for an 8 figure salary - that to me would be the worst case scenario at wr this offseason.

I would love to see Robinson in NE.

DO IT. Stop messing around.

Trade Agholor/Harry and recoup $11.7M of cap to make it happen.

Focus draft on OL/DL, CB, DE, LB.

DO IT. Stop messing around.

Trade Agholor/Harry and recoup $11.7M of cap to make it happen.

Focus draft on OL/DL, CB, DE, LB.
Hope BB can pull that off so we can sign real players.

all you guys who are pining for a shiny new toy at WR... y'all are gonna be mad when this deal doesn't happen.

I feel like a jaded Red Sox fan when it comes to wide outs. Bill isn't going to get this guy.

all you guys who are pining for a shiny new toy at WR... y'all are gonna be mad when this deal doesn't happen.

I feel like a jaded Red Sox fan when it comes to wide outs. Bill isn't going to get this guy.
And we will be talking about the 2023 Draft in week 6 oh yeah I said it.

All those other young QB's have good/great WR's to throw to Mac only have jags. I am sure BB sees the trend around the league it not what he's used to. Now you go as far as your talent takes you.

All those other young QB's have good/great WR's to throw to Mac only have jags. I am sure BB sees the trend around the league it not what he's used to. Now you go as far as your talent takes you.
I see the trend, but I just don't think Bill is going to go get a stud WR now, or yet is maybe a better choice. There's too many other areas they need to fix to be competitive week in and week out with the NFL elites. I really think he's going to do this like the early part of the Brady Era. Build a solid, bullet proof team and then get that stud wideout. The cherry on top. He's had many successful teams without a top flight WR and, regardless of the trend that we see, I don't think he's going to go get that guy. He will find a way to take that guy away from other team's offensive plans.

I see the trend, but I just don't think Bill is going to go get a stud WR now, or yet is maybe a better choice. There's too many other areas they need to fix to be competitive week in and week out with the NFL elites. I really think he's going to do this like the early part of the Brady Era. Build a solid, bullet proof team and then get that stud wideout. The cherry on top. He's had many successful teams without a top flight WR and, regardless of the trend that we see, I don't think he's going to go get that guy. He will find a way to take that guy away from other team's offensive plans.
During the Brady Era we were onTop of the world the Beli plan worked then. News Flash that plan doesn't work anymore the league has caught up. Also Beli is now paying for some of those Bad Drafts too many to list. That said we were Big spenders last year in FA and didn't get back good returns on certain players we spent handsomely on. I hope we can move from atleast one *coughs* Agholor.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back