PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Larry Fitzgerald to the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the first game of the season Supa posted this tidbit regarding Fitzgerald's targets.

supafly said:
ARZ didn't even target him until 4:00 left in the game and seem content on using him as a decoy

And of course today..

In a recent primetime game on Sunday or Monday night, they didn't even target Fitzgerald until 57:00 minutes into the game.

You know, I joined a Patsfans FF League that Supa was playing in and I started the season thinking what a swell, upstanding kind of guy he is.

5 weeks in, I have the worst record and he has the best.. and all he does is tweak and make fun of me for my horrible draft choices.. ;)

Last edited:
You know, I joined a Patsfans FF League that Supa was playing in. I started the season thinking what a swell, upstanding kind of guy he is.

5 weeks in, I have the worst record and he has the best.. and all he does is tweak and make fun of me for my horrible draft choices.. ;)

Sorry, bud...I forgot that you had Larry Fitz :)

As far as my record--it will come down very soon, possibly even this weekend if @Miguel has anything to say about it.

Fitzgerald has a 1 million salary this year. Why move him this year?
To save $375,295 in cap space.
His 1m salary gets replaced by a 420,000 salary. The 580,000 difference divided by 17 weeks times 11 weeks = $375,295.

Sorry, bud...I forgot that you had Larry Fitz :)

As far as my record--it will come down very soon, possibly even this weekend if @Miguel has anything to say about it.

5 weeks in, I don't have much excuse to complain.. ;)

And as much as this FF back and forth might feel off topic to the discussion, it's actually very much ON point to your point about Fitzgerald.

The Cardinals from game 1 to game 5 have decided to use him as a glorified decoy.

Obviously there is a strong possibility that one of the two is going to be looking for or wanting a change.

Last edited:
I can't smell pumpkin spice latte or see the leaves change colors without thinking about Larry Fitzgerald.

I think Fitz still has gas left in the tank. He isn't seeing a lot of balls because of the QB position. I think he would be a great fit in NE. I hope this happens.

If this is true, which I doubt it is, I hope Amendola goes to Arizona as part of the deal. That would be ideal for balancing out his affect on the cap.

Also, yes, all in as much as possible. JAG isn't taking us to any Superbowls. You know how hard that is? Brady's only been to five and he's the GOAT. Andrew Luck doesn't even know what a Conference Championship is yet.

Need the 4th ring and post 2007 Superbowl win with Tom on the team.
No one is taking Danny Amendola off our hands. No one.

Fitzgerald has a 1 million salary this year. Why move him this year?
To save $375,295 in cap space.
His 1m salary gets replaced by a 420,000 salary. The 580,000 difference divided by 17 weeks times 11 weeks = $375,295.
So they can get value for him before they lose him for nothing next year when they cut him.

201AB05F74B7CA9D10A670CC51B06430.png

So they can get value for him before they lose him for nothing next year when they cut him.

They can trade him in 2015 before his 8 million roster bonus kicks in. They can redo his deal paying him so that his pay is close to his actual worth.

A team would only take on his base, which would be a prorated $3M. If a team felt they could resurrect him they may consider giving him a shot knowing they can cut him after the season with no cap impact. However, I do not think AZ would have any interest with Josh Brown emerging.

About as likely as signing Thor or Captain America. And with less upside (except for the fictional character part).

I'm not positive, but I think there might be a rule against magical hammers on the playing field.....

Screw Fitz...let's trade DA and bag of rocks for Julio Jones. Fair trade right?

On the subject of WR, I know it is extremely premature but given the success, Murray has had this season the Cowboys face an interesting decision in the offseason, should they tag Bryant or Murray if they are unable to reach a deal with them.

If they opt to tag Murray it would make Bryant an UFA, the Patriots can rid themselves of Amendola and LaFell after the season, and take a run at Bryant.

On the subject of WR, I know it is extremely premature but given the success, Murray has had this season the Cowboys face an interesting decision in the offseason, should they tag Bryant or Murray if they are unable to reach a deal with them.

If they opt to tag Murray it would make Bryant an UFA, the Patriots can rid themselves of Amendola and LaFell after the season, and take a run at Bryant.

Word in Dallas is that a new contract for Dez will happen before the end of the league year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back