PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ross Ventrone Re-Signed. At Ease, Gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite obviously Ventrone is not a key cog for the Patriots. However, his release and resigning and release etc etc is a plus for the Patriots (albeit a minor one). The actions, in effect, allow the Patriots to have a 54 man roster and allows BB to put more resources where they're needed depending on the opponent and who is injured.

next thing you know we'll be watching some stiff named Abby somebody starting at safety...

images

For all our joking, Bodden was playing poorly, was injured, and has not been picked up by anyone. Belichick made a choice to play Adams over Bodden. Adams has been playing fairly well. Molden beat out Butler for a roster spot as a backup corner, straight up. Can we argue too much with that choice?

However, I would have kept one more corner on the squad (Butler) until I knew that Dowling was 100% recovered and that Bodden was somewhere near 100%. We were starting the season with McCourty, Arrington. Bodden, Dowling and Molden.

I cannot explain Belichick's choices at safety.

Good point on Bodden. In a league where mediocre CBs are in high demand, why hasn't Bodden been picked up? Decided to sit out the season to nurse an injury? Maybe the lack of enthusiasm on the field was an indicator of his desire to play? Is there too large a monetary risk if he is picked up by another team? Regardless, I hope you're right and the CB (and safety) position is set. There will be some level of improvement with the continuity. Whether the improvement is functionally significant is a big ?.

On the general CB front, coming into the season, we had McCourty who appeared to be coming into being one of the 10 best CBs in the league, Bodden who I think everyone would have expected to be solid.....along with Butler, Dowling, Molden, Arrington. It sure seemed the Patriots were going into the season with an unspectacular but solidly capable group of CBs.

I agree with the your sentiment at safety. My best guess is BB saw a chemistry and/or attitude issue and decided to take this road less traveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick