PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ross Ventrone Re-Signed. At Ease, Gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
To paraphrase Lou Gorman:

"The sun will rise, the sun will set and Bill Belichick will have Ventrone on the roster."

Our defensive backfield is now complete, for now.

Arrington, McCourty, Adams, Molden, Moore
Chung, Ihedigbo, Brown, Ventrone

This is a passing league. We have three starters and six very marginal backups. IMHO, we should have five starters (including nickel) and a couple of solid backups.

The amazing thing is NOT that we have the worst secondary in the nfl (statistically). The amazing thing is that were are tied for the playoffs and for the division lead, and that is NOT our defense that is losing games for us.

Last edited:
Our defensive backfield is now complete, for now.

what a star studded backfield this is...:rolleyes:

Can't we make this a sticky?

Jesus Crip........ I just put my Ventrone Jersey into storage too....... Yesterday.

...Of couse, I just got it out of storage the day before that though :D.

btw....... Is there a record for the # of times a player has been cut and then resigned in one year? I think Ventrone might find his way into the record books one way or another.

Phew...that's a relief

Patrick Pass LOL:p

We need to strain our memories. Ventrone is among the leaders, along with Troy Brown and Patrick Pass.

However, I believe that the top top two were a linebacker (Tuitele???) and a return guy who was also a running back.

btw....... Is there a record for the # of times a player has been cut and then resigned in one year? I think Ventrone might find his way into the record books one way or another.

Much better than

Arrington, McCourty, Bodden, Butler, Wilhite
Chung, Meriweather, Sanders, Page

That's for sure.

Kyle Arrington has maxed out his potential as a player...but sad to say i don't think he's starting material. Kyle Arrington wouldn't be starting for many teams in this league he's a #3 CB at best!

For all our joking, Bodden was playing poorly, was injured, and has not been picked up by anyone. Belichick made a choice to play Adams over Bodden. Adams has been playing fairly well. Molden beat out Butler for a roster spot as a backup corner, straight up. Can we argue too much with that choice?

However, I would have kept one more corner on the squad (Butler) until I knew that Dowling was 100% recovered and that Bodden was somewhere near 100%. We were starting the season with McCourty, Arrington. Bodden, Dowling and Molden.

I cannot explain Belichick's choices at safety.

Much better than

Arrington, McCourty, Bodden, Butler, Wilhite
Chung, Meriweather, Sanders, Page

That's for sure.

Kyle Arrington has maxed out his potential as a player

That's ridiculous. He's been a way better corner this year than he was last year, so you've decided that this is his ceiling? Let's let him stay at one level for a while before we say he's done improving.

We need to strain our memories. Ventrone is among the leaders, along with Troy Brown and Patrick Pass.

However, I believe that the top top two were a linebacker (Tuitele???) and a return guy who was also a running back.

Tony Gaiter

So small that he'd get lost in the field grass

Maybe Belichick has gas.

"Feeling a little out of sorts today, Coach?"
"Yes I am, Mr. Kraft. I think I'll cut a Ventrone. Yesterday I cut a Gronkowski and it made me feel terrific."

Last edited:
Woo-Hoo the wrong Ventrone! No more worries about the secondary!!!!! If anyone's in need of a haircut it's him, dude looks ridiculous.

If we're going to be signing safeties off the practice squad, how about signing Ahmad Black of off Tampa's? I don't see how he could be worse than Brown, Ventrone and Ihedigbo.

Yup, I was thinking of Gaiter.

However, I think that LB Ula Tuitele has the record for the patriots.

Tony Gaiter

So small that he'd get lost in the field grass

Last edited:
Kyle Arrington has maxed out his potential as a player...but sad to say i don't think he's starting material. Kyle Arrington wouldn't be starting for many teams in this league he's a #3 CB at best!

he was very good last year and he's even better this year, no disrespect but i dont see to many nickle backs leading the NFL in INT's and he's only 25 the Sky's the Limit for him IMO

I pray he will get cut again so that Cannon can be activated. I can only think that's why Dan Gronkowski got cut. We have been using linemen as extra TE's, lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes