PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rooting For The AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsSteve1 said:
1st off, I'm hoping for a good game. I don't want to be bored at the half of a 21-0 game. I usually root for the AFC except when I dont like that year's version of the AFC team. And I don't like this yera's versiopn of the Steelers. They are just too ****y about it for me. And Hasselebck is a Mass guy. Plus he's bald -)

* I didn't realize that would get censored. Think rooster.

mgteich said:
I have rooted for the AFC since its founding. I always root for an AFC team when they play an NFC team, unless the result will adversely affect the patriots. annual trip to Mile High.

my guess, mgteich, is there have been VERY few games when an AFC win vs NFC would help the pats, if any (care to name ONE?)...
i would guess; i NEVER root for an AFC team over an NFC team... the pats are ALWAYS better off having an NFC team win a mixed game, than having an AFC team winning. maybe im wrong; love to hear your explaination.

PatsSteve1 said:
1st off, I'm hoping for a good game. I don't want to be bored at the half of a 21-0 game. I usually root for the AFC except when I dont like that year's version of the AFC team. And I don't like this yera's versiopn of the Steelers. They are just too ****y about it for me. And Hasselebck is a Mass guy. Plus he's bald -)

set up SB squares at your house/local bar/whatever... i dont care who wins this weekend; but ill be watching until the end for the squares payout, like millions of americans.

Also, Matt is a former ballboy for your New England Patriots. I spent a summer with him during the Macpherson administration. Nice guy.

PatsWorldChamps said:
my guess, mgteich, is there have been VERY few games when an AFC win vs NFC would help the pats, if any (care to name ONE?)...
i would guess; i NEVER root for an AFC team over an NFC team... the pats are ALWAYS better off having an NFC team win a mixed game, than having an AFC team winning. maybe im wrong; love to hear your explaination.

Here's one that I use for rationalization, or whatever: if the AFC team in the super bowl wins it, they may become complacent and fat. The Patriots, OTOH, I don't expect to ever get that way with coach B in there, so they come back more hungry as always. Again, it's a rationalization, justification, or mind game, for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe