PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookie CB Darryl Roberts has significant injury, and may be out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the secondary will be just fine, IF they stay healthy. Depth doesn't look too good.

I know Brown's been dealing with some injuries and hopefully those do not linger throughout the season.

Otherwise, he seems to have been pretty healthy for most of his career ( http://www.nfl.com/player/tarellbrown/2495565/profile )

Butler/Brown outside, Fletcher/Ryan inside

McClain might still win the job at nickel.

McClain might still win the job at nickel.

To my eye, he was better this week than he was against GB even with the blatant DPI penalty.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00412

Most patients will be able to resume light activities, such as swimming or exercising the lower body in the gym, within 1 to 2 months after the cast is removed or within 1 to 2 months after surgery. Vigorous activities, such as skiing or football, may be resumed between 3 and 6 months after the injury.

He's one of our 3 best CBs IMO so I think it's worth keeping him if his time table is October 13th-January 13th.

Quoted for emphasis

Quoted for emphasis

i am praying for him

f-2-13-6361613_zQdoVbTG_f2136361613_COx9cwsc_meetinghouse2_590_300_s_c1_smart_scale.jpg

Roberts doesn't matter in the whole grand scheme of things. This secondary isn't going to be a strength of the defense. Offenses will be attacking it like crazy. Kinda like a few years ago when we made ordinary QBs look like Pro Bowlers. And since we have 3 sacks in 2 pre season games, and 2 of the 3 sackers were rookies and an udfa (and got injured). I don't see us getting much pressure this year. It's gonna be a LONG year defensively.

Are you looking at numbers and haven't watched a game yet?

The DL, which as noted, has not been aided by a single blitz all preseason, has spent much time in the offensive backfield. 0 sacks against Brees because he released the ball instantly. He was pressured a few times.

Sheard and CJones have been near unblockable in their snaps, and you're chalking our defenses predicted failure based off of the main starters playing ~20 snaps over the past 2 games.

How in the world did you come to your conclusion?

What a weird post overall.

Are you looking at numbers and haven't watched a game yet?

The DL, which as noted, has not been aided by a single blitz all preseason, has spent much time in the offensive backfield. 0 sacks against Brees because he released the ball instantly. He was pressured a few times.

Sheard and CJones have been near unblockable in their snaps, and you're chalking our defenses predicted failure based off of the main starters playing ~20 snaps over the past 2 games.

How in the world did you come to your conclusion?

What a weird post overall.

well, you have to understand, Strings...he doesn't really care about the Patriots anymore so, of course, it's all bad...

I've decided I've given up the NFL from the 2015 season onward. I will still enjoy all my Patriot's DVDs from the 2014 Season and the past, and watch old free NFL content on YouTube from the past, but nothing from 2015 on. The NFL will never see another penny from me, and neither will the Patriots. IF I ever come back to the NFL, I'm not even sure I'd be a Pat's fan if Kraft still owns the team.

Like what's Darryl doing there....holding the wrist? Yo Darryl...you study up the playbook like the back of your hand and next year OWN CB2.

l33wCY77.jpg

https://twitter.com/_SwaggDee

By Doug Kied's logic a player could comeback from a torn acl after removing the bandages.

By Doug Kied's logic a player could comeback from a torn acl after removing the bandages.

He's in the locker room varjao. To me, that suggest that he badly wants to return and participate as much as possible, because he feels more confidently about his health status.

I'll defer passing judgement until someone has a clue as to what exactly his wrist/hand/arm injury was.

What I do know is that unless you are Deion Sanders, Revis, Rod Woodson or a Darrell Green type than can crawl in a receivers shoes, you need your hands.

Silly tweet.

The Patriots play sub-standard quarterbacks all season long. They'll be fine. Thie biggest dilemma is Solder going on IR.

Of course, Solder's a big deal. But what better way to develop a rookie CB than to pit him against average/below average QBs?

He's in the locker room varjao. To me, that suggest that he badly wants to return and participate as much as possible, because he feels more confidently about his health status.

I can't say I agree. Are you saying he might not be around if he didn't badly want to return? Seems to me like exactly what you'd expect no matter how motivated the kid is. Guys on IR still need to go to meetings.

I personally find Howe's tweet to be a little odd. Late round rookies have enough stacked against them, late round rookies who won't be able to practice for half the season are virtually certain to be gameday inactives even when coming back. Maybe Roberts would have been the exception, but betting on it isn't something an economics major would typically do.

Last edited:
Silly tweet.

The Patriots play sub-standard quarterbacks all season long. They'll be fine. Thie biggest dilemma is Solder going on IR.
Roeth will most likely be the best they face all year.

Eli might also do well if Cruz comes back to form...

Silly tweet.

Biggest concern about our lack of CB's will be post season and hopefully, matching up against offenses led by Rogers, Palmer or freaking Eli in the SB.

We may need to resign Troy Brown or Earthland Moreland.

Go away injury bug, please, you've done enough.

Of course, Solder's a big deal. But what better way to develop a rookie CB than to pit him against average/below average QBs?
Or what better way to stunt a young player's development than to rush him back and play him hurt after an injury? One common reason for poor technique is compensation for injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST