PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rome the only non US city to host the Super Bowl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
g-fresh;436087 Wow this is [I said:
really[/I] annoying. I'd appreciate it if no one did this every again, its just obnoxious.

Anyway, I like the idea of a Superbowl being held internationally. I'll never get to go to one so it really doesn't make much of a difference.

:(. Sorry. I just felt like the idea of a Superbowl being played abroad was so far beyond ridiculous as to be a complete joke and that no one was listening to what was a pretty basic idea. Apologies.

:(. Sorry. I just felt like the idea of a Superbowl being played abroad was so far beyond ridiculous as to be a complete joke and that no one was listening to what was a pretty basic idea. Apologies.

Well, I say why not in the Cat's backyard or street in London. Look if England hadn't settled colonies around the world and then brought the boring game of soccer ( they call it football), then we Americans would have not invented football (real football), out of shear boredom.

Long live the Queen!(or King). :rocker:

i do not know about Asia (China or Japan...)

is there the NFL popular ?

No, barely anyone here even knows about the NFL to much extent. Last week a colleague referred to the NFL as "the super bowl". Many know it exists, but I haven't met anyone that actually cares about it except for a couple of other ex-pats.

No, barely anyone here even knows about the NFL to much extent. Last week a colleague referred to the NFL as "the super bowl". Many know it exists, but I haven't met anyone that actually cares about it except for a couple of other ex-pats.

Make NFL rules part of the citizenship test. We'll at least get a team in Tegucigalpa. Maybe not Asia.

This is a stupid discussion - No chance it will ever happen in our lifetime

We might as well talk about Tom Brady's chances of Running for President or Michael Vick owning a dog grooming business.

you could become the embassador there

Oderint, dum metuant.

Yes, I'd say there's some fear that goes along with the hatred. Because while I'm only 5'9" 175 lbs., I'm still a monster by local standards!

Obviously you haven't been to Rome. I was there last month. Last place to visit, never mind play a Super Bowl. Better places would be London, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney.

Overall it would be a bad idea to use the SB for pure marketing and play internationally. Better to keep it in the USA and televise it around the world.

While I feel the same way about the Super Bowl (it should *always* be in the United States), I totally disagree with you about Rome. I was there last summer, and am going again this summer. I totally love the place. Of course, I'm a history buff and a fan of great food....and, well, if you love those two things, it doesn't get any better than Rome.

Are there things not to love about Rome? Sure. But the same can be said for any city.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back