PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roger Goodell, NFL rolling dice by appealing Deflategate ruling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I met the future Roger Goodell in female form. I went to a surprise birthday party for my friend's wife. There were plenty of kids running around. One little girl threw tantrum after tantrum when she didn't get what she wanted. We lit the candles on the cake and sang happy birthday. The cake was ready to be cut and this kid starts one of her temper tantrums. So they put the candles on the cake, sang happy birthday again and let the little girl blow out the candles.

This thread kind of reminded me what Goodell must have been like as a kid. He was probably spoiled and threw a few tantrums to get his way. On a previous thread, that during the CBA talks, when Roger didn't get his way, he would get red in the face and storm off. Roger doesn't think he did anything wrong. In his own way Goodell is throwing a grown-up temper tantrum. Berman was the mean old guy who didn't give him what he wants. Roger is surrounded by people who give him what he wants just like that little girl.

Come on man, give us a little bit of hope. Forget about the owner. Think about the commissioner, all of his integrity would have to impel him to give us something when the numbers show the truth. It about integrity.

The longer the NFL* keeps this in court, unfortunately, the less likely the Pats can get their picks back because the case is technically, not decided.

I don't believe that would be true at all.

This case has nothing to do with any legal action NE might take. This case is the NFLPA and NFL litigating about an arbitration award against a union member.

Any NE legal action would be the Patriots litigating against the NFL. The Brady case wouldn't block any NE case. They involve different parties and the litigation would be about completely different contracts, laws, doctrines, and theories.

What would be funny is if they reverse it and remand it to Berman's court and Berman finds another reason to rule against the NFL. That would be like two more years of deflategate.

I don't believe that would be true at all.

This case has nothing to do with any legal action NE might take. This case is the NFLPA and NFL litigating about an arbitration award against a union member.

Any NE legal action would be the Patriots litigating against the NFL. The Brady case wouldn't block any NE case. They involve different parties and the litigation would be about completely different contracts, laws, doctrines, and theories.

QM, I hope I'm wrong, however, the discussion about the picks is academic. They're gone and never to return.

One would have to believe the Patriots organization has a judge Berman win somewhere in their bag of protracted legal maneuvering. I just don't see it...

QM, I hope I'm wrong, however, the discussion about the picks is academic. They're gone and never to return.

Oh, I totally agree with you. I'm just saying that if the team were to want to do something they are not blocked by the Brady case not being final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back