PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roger Goodell has no plans to apologize to Patriots if they’re cleared in Deflategate probe

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you are saying that site is a racist site? I didn't get that at all from reading it through. Seems pretty straight forward, reporting facts. Hey, you can keep getting your head pizzed on and believe it's raining ...I'll step out of the stream if you don't mind.

Joe, the only organized racism Kraft has been hit by in the past twenty years came from South Boston.

You and rlcarr keep insisting Goodell can take an independent investigators report and rewrite it to their satisfaction yet you cannot point to one example of that ever happening?

I refuse to consider it an "independent investigators report". The investigation is being co-run by Wells and by NFL VP Jeff Pash. It would be beyond naive to think that Pash will have little input into the report. The NFL front office is paying for the report. The firm Wells works for has had ongoing NFL business (the NFL paid the firm $9 million in 2012, for example). And attorneys have an ethical duty to not do things to their client's disadvantage.

If this was an actual "independent report":
  • Pash (or anyone else in the NFL) would not be involved at all.
  • The investigator would be a person/firm that hasn't gotten NFL business before and wouldn't expect to be getting NFL business in the future. Better yet and in addition, the investigator would be chosen by a 3rd party and not by the NFL.
  • The NFL would publicly waive any and all obligations the attorney would otherwise have to not show the NFL in a bad light.

Joe, the only organized racism Kraft has been hit by in the past twenty years came from South Boston.

uh..yes, I agree with that and I'm aware of that. I took the offending post down when I realized it was being construed as being bigoted. The same thing occurs when the subject of alumni of Yale's Skull and Bones and American politics comes up. One cannot just make a factual observation without it being construed as an attack on WASP's.

so you are saying that site is a racist site? I didn't get that at all from reading it through.

So you don't get that a site that goes through a list of institutions and divides up the people in them into "Ashkenazi Jews" and "White Europeans" is racist?

This is a standard "Jews really control the world" racist site that Goebbels would have been proud of.

If we could move past the stupidity of thinking that noting racial identification = racism, perhaps we can all enjoy this little tidbit:

Last week, the Missouri Supreme Court delivered what could become a fatal blow to the league’s obsession with allowing a non-lawyer to make legal decisions that could be influenced by business interests unrelated to what the law requires.

In a lawsuit filed more than four years ago by former Rams equipment manager Todd Hewitt, the Missouri Supreme Court invalidated the requirement of submitting all claims to arbitration resolved by the Commissioner. The Missouri Supreme Court based its conclusion in part on a fairly simply analysis of three provisions of the league’s Constitution and Bylaws.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...court-invalidates-commissioner-as-arbitrator/

So you don't get that a site that goes through a list of institutions and divides up the people in them into "Ashkenazi Jews" and "White Europeans" is racist?

This is a standard "Jews really control the world" racist site that Goebbels would have been proud of.
How exactly did we get to this point?

I mean, isn't Kraft one of the "chosen people" and a big business muckety muck?

Not trying to be the PC police or anything, but the notion just sounds ridiculous on it's face.

Forgive me if I don't wish to read things that I would overhear in turn of the century Viennese beer halls on my football message boards.

I refuse to consider it an "independent investigators report". The investigation is being co-run by Wells and by NFL VP Jeff Pash. It would be beyond naive to think that Pash will have little input into the report. The NFL front office is paying for the report. The firm Wells works for has had ongoing NFL business (the NFL paid the firm $9 million in 2012, for example). And attorneys have an ethical duty to not do things to their client's disadvantage.

If this was an actual "independent report":
  • Pash (or anyone else in the NFL) would not be involved at all.
  • The investigator would be a person/firm that hasn't gotten NFL business before and wouldn't expect to be getting NFL business in the future. Better yet and in addition, the investigator would be chosen by a 3rd party and not by the NFL.
  • The NFL would publicly waive any and all obligations the attorney would otherwise have to not show the NFL in a bad light.

So because you can't come up with an example of an outside investigator that didn't publish their findings you are now going to pretend there is no difference between the Bointygate, Martin and Deflategate investigations and the Falcons and Browns and Spygate matters?

Last edited:
Bountygate and Rice fiasco were independent investigations. This is an internal investigation . The only difference between this investigation and Spygate is that Goodell requested outside assistance like in the bully investigation.

uh..yes, I agree with that and I'm aware of that. I took the offending post down when I realized it was being construed as being bigoted. The same thing occurs when the subject of alumni of Yale's Skull and Bones and American politics comes up. One cannot just make a factual observation without it being construed as an attack on WASP's.
Joker
I think you are on the wrong track here. The reason is the eternal Boston versus New York rivalry. As it so happens both Pash and Kraft are Ashkenazi Jews so it not religious differences that are the reason for the treatment. I speak as an Ashkenazi Jew from Boston, I don't expect a fair shake from any league office staffed by New Yorkers of any religion.

Joe, you missed my point. I wasn't commenting on whether your website is anti-Semitic or not (I never even looked at it). I was only commenting on the contention that, somehow, NY Jews are out to get Kraft. He is Jewish, an alum of Columbia University, one of the major alumni contributors to Columbia and has several Manhattan offices himself. It would be ridiculous to contend that Kraft is a target of NY Jews because of who he is.

As I mentioned, the only public racism he has experienced in the past two decades came from Southie.

If it is found that Kensil set up a sting operation and there is no proof the Pats did anything to deflate the balls, Goodell does owe Kraft an apology. He doesn't owe an apology for conducting an investigation. He certainly owes the Pats one if this turns out to be the product of a League official who created a major controversy based on an unfounded suspicion of cheating and massive leaks only to smear the Pats' name.

Bountygate and Rice fiasco were independent investigations. This is an internal investigation . The only difference between this investigation and Spygate is that Goodell requested outside assistance like in the bully investigation.

So it's an internal investigation conducted by an outside attorney? You guys are really really reaching you don't spend millions on outside investigators to conduct an internal investigation you do it in house. The Falcons and Browns and jets tampering investigations were internal and no findings were published, this is external with a hired firm doing the investigation and it will produce a report published for all to see.

If it is found that Kensil set up a sting operation and there is no proof the Pats did anything to deflate the balls, Goodell does owe Kraft an apology. He doesn't owe an apology for conducting an investigation. He certainly owes the Pats one if this turns out to be the product of a League official who created a major controversy based on an unfounded suspicion of cheating and massive leaks only to smear the Pats' name.

Yep- technically it's two apologies. Kensil's re-enactment of the Salem Witch Trials and the irresponsible, reckless lack of professionalism and common sense that the League Office chose not to observe and practice.

Joker
I think you are on the wrong track here. The reason is the eternal Boston versus New York rivalry. As it so happens both Pash and Kraft are Ashkenazi Jews so it not religious differences that are the reason for the treatment. I speak as an Ashkenazi Jew from Boston, I don't expect a fair shake from any league office staffed by New Yorkers of any religion.
Without looking it up, I'm assuming Kraft gives substantial donations to the ADL. I seriously doubt "the tribe" views him as anything other than a friendly.

It's a NY-Boston thing. Suggesting it's a religious thing just seems to denigrate our legitimate beef with the NFL front office, which seems to (1) have a clear NY bias and (2) be taking the rivalry too far.

In retrospect, dollars to donuts Goodell said what he said because he knew there would be zero pressure on him to apologize for anything because he had a good idea of what the report was going to say.

In retrospect, dollars to donuts Goodell said what he said because he knew there would be zero pressure on him to apologize for anything because he had a good idea of what the report was going to say.
Not only did Goodell know but I'm willing to bet the Jets front office person who said "we're not deflated by it, everyone is pumped up"(paraphrase) kew it too. Meaning the NY gang was passing info around, not to say the league office would ever leak anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST