PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roger Goodell has no plans to apologize to Patriots if they’re cleared in Deflategate probe

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that players had sanctions overturned in no way changes the fact that the results of the investigation was open for all to see. My point is and had been that Goodell will not be able to take the report and reinterpret it, as was initially suggested, the report will be out for all to see and if there is no evidence of wrongdoing then the Patriots are clear, the league office won't be able to concoct otherwise. You guys keep insisting the league will be able to take the findings and rewrite them, and IMO that's bullsh.t, if they find wrongdoing they can push it as far as they want, if they don't they can't simply fabricate it, which is what has been suggested in these arguments.
We will just have to wait and see what happens. I can't convince you and vice versa.

Thankfully Kraft learned his lesson and isn't taking this sitting down.

We will know after the Pats are absolved from any wrongdoing with Deflategate. What we don't know is if Goody will apologize privately of publicly. Assuming Bob made his feelings about the matter known publicly, I would suspect that he wants Goody to make a statement.

If Goody sticks to what he told Charlie Rose.....life could get interesting. Kinda like EG Marshall visiting Gene Hackman at the end of Absolute Power.

BB is Clint:D

Tell that to al Davis, if he wasn't already dead you could remind him he had no standing for the lawsuit he won.

Just because you agree not to sue ahead of time, doesn't mean you can't. It just means there has to be a level of negligence or willful misconduct and not just a disagreement about procedures to prevent the judge from throwing you out of court.

Nah, I'm pretty sure Goodell could arrange a gang rape of RK at the next owners meeting and not get sued. Already agreed not to sue, freedom of contract nothing breaks that! (*sarcasm*)

Thankfully Kraft learned his lesson and isn't taking this sitting down.
We'll see.....would be nice if he took a page from the Saints book.

The only way Patriots fans will allow him to step into the town of Foxboro is if he apologizes. Otherwise he'd be smart not to come here.
It's far too late for that.

We will know after the Pats are absolved from any wrongdoing with Deflategate. What we don't know is if Goody will apologize privately of publicly. Assuming Bob made his feelings about the matter known publicly, I would suspect that he wants Goody to make a statement.

If Goody sticks to what he told Charlie Rose.....life could get interesting. Kinda like EG Marshall visiting Gene Hackman at the end of Absolute Power.

BB is Clint:D
A private apology for a public transgression is not an apology. In fact, it's worse than no apology.

A private apology for a public transgression is not an apology. In fact, it's worse than no apology.

Its an interesting scenario to explore for sure...

Goody calls Bob to give him a heads-up on the report. Bob asks how Goody will handle is publicly. Goody says the league will release a statement followed up by a low-key presser. Bob asks what will Goody's visibility will be. Goody says none. Bob has a choice to make.

A) Accept a private apology but Bob lets Goody know he'll have permanently lost his political support on league matters.

B) Go mid-evil on Goodys ass.

C) Lets the matter go for the betterment of the league. (which I doubt will happen)

I think Bob is really pissed over this.

Last edited:
Goodell playing Kraft? C'mon now...

BB squared off vs Goody and got killed. Kraft didn't want to fight over Spygate. He saw the tapes. He also knew going to war vs Goody was bad for league business.

Kraft wanted the matter closed and done with.

Yes...Goodell (and now that mutt Kensil) played Kraft. He THOUGHT it was over but the fact that the tapes were destroyed OPENED the floodgates of suspicion. There is no way to SHOW any of the tapes and show exactly what BB SAID earlier this year in his "80,000 fans were there" statement. It was a PLANNED hit job and I think Kensil dreamt it up and sold Goodell on it. WHY the krist did Goodell IMMEDIATELY destroy all the tapes he DEMANDED the Pats come up with? Who in their right mind believes THIS is the proper way to do your due diligence? As far as a PR hit, Goodell's decision was a NUCLEAR bomb that has since left it's radiation sickness infecting every goddyamed day of Bob Kraft's life.

BB squared against Goody because he KNEW this smarmy POS was a gutless POS. Kraft hung his coach out to dry because he failed to see the depth of scumbaggery he was mired in with these NFL Offices cretins.

Last edited:
Yes...Goodell (and now that mutt Kensil) played Kraft. He THOUGHT it was over but the fact that the tapes were destroyed OPENED the floodgates of suspicion. There is no way to SHOW any of the tapes and show exactly what BB SAID earlier this year in his "80,000 fans were there" statement. It was a PLANNED hit job and I think Kensil dreamt it up and sold Goodell on it. WHY the krist did Goodell IMEDIATELY destroy all the tapes he DEMANDED the Pats come up with? Who in their right mind believes THIS is the proper way to do your due diligence? As far as a PR hit, Goodell's decision was a NUCLEAR bomb that has since left it's radiation sickness infecting every goddyamed day of Bob Kraft's life.

BB squared against Goody because he KNEW this smarmy POS was a gutless POS. Kraft hung his coach out to dry because he failed to see the depth of scumbaggery he was mired in with these NFL Offices cretins.

@Joker there is nothing more I want to do than to agree with every word you've said. I mean that sincerely. I want Goody fired and to spend the rest of his life away from this game. I want Kensil fired and working at Gillette picking up trash.

At the end of the day, I think Goody and Bob huddled and agreed together to have the tapes destroyed so they both maintain plausible deniability. They wanted this over and to know nothing more which is why the punishment was handed out before Adams handed the tapes to Pash, Rash or whatever his name was to destroy on-site.

Last edited:
Yes...Goodell (and now that mutt Kensil) played Kraft. He THOUGHT it was over but the fact that the tapes were destroyed OPENED the floodgates of suspicion. There is no way to SHOW any of the tapes and show exactly what BB SAID earlier this year in his "80,000 fans were there" statement. It was a PLANNED hit job and I think Kensil dreamt it up and sold Goodell on it. WHY the krist did Goodell IMEDIATELY destroy all the tapes he DEMANDED the Pats come up with? Who in their right mind believes THIS is the proper way to do your due diligence? As far as a PR hit, Goodell's decision was a NUCLEAR bomb that has since left it's radiation sickness infecting every goddyamed day of Bob Kraft's life.

I never thought I'd say it but Joker is 100% right. This is precisely what happened.

Ask yourself. "Why should Goodell apologize when his directed policy failed". The answer is he wouldn't. Don't be surprised. He sees his job as getting the Patriots back to the pack, or back in line. He will do everything in his power to make that happen, and the weasels who are Bob Krafts' partners will go in line gladly, because it's in their own selfish best interests.

So no, don't expect Goodell to make any apologies for his duplicitous behavior and slandering of the Patriots franchise. Rather expect the attacks to continue and increase until BB is retired or the Pats start to consistently lose for a time.

BTW- can anyone think of a SINGLE benefit Roger Goodell's leadership has brought to the NFL. The 2 major events of his 8 year reign has been the new TV contract and the new CBA, and BOTH of those were on the verge of failure before Bob Kraft stepped in and saved the day. Everything else negative from "camperplacegete" to bountygate, to Ray Rice, can be laid right at the bumbling feet of Goodell. He is the perfect example of the "Peter Principle", and what's wrong with America. More and more people struggle to survive, while Wall Street walks free after stealing Trillions, and Roger Goodell can make $44MM EVERY year. :mad:
Where's the "that was so beautiful I wanted to cry" button? I guess I'll just have to stick with winner.

Did I just read correctly that Goodell apologized to Mariota for mispronouncing his last name? But leaks and false accusations against the greatest QB in the history of the game and an entire franchise = no apology necessary?

**** you Goodell.

Did I just read correctly that Goodell apologized to Mariota for mispronouncing his last name? But leaks and false accusations against the greatest QB in the history of the game and an entire franchise = no apology necessary?

**** you Goodell.

That mispronouncing thing was really stupid though. Like, how do you not get the #2 draft prospect's name right?

I thought I was mishearing things. Good to know I wasn't.

That mispronouncing thing was really stupid though. Like, how do you not get the #2 draft prospect's name right?
It's easy when your The Dope.

We will just have to wait and see what happens. I can't convince you and vice versa.

You and rlcarr keep insisting Goodell can take an independent investigators report and rewrite it to their satisfaction yet you cannot point to one example of that ever happening?

Don't think he's that reliable but he does work for 98.5 so take it for what it's worth...

Dan Lifshatz ‏@Dan_Lifshatz 37s37 seconds ago
The conclusion of Deflate Gate is coming down the pike...expect the report to leak in the next week or two. Colts fans will NOT like it

Don't think he's that reliable but he does work for 98.5 so take it for what it's worth...

Dan Lifshatz ‏@Dan_Lifshatz 37s37 seconds ago
The conclusion of Deflate Gate is coming down the pike...expect the report to leak in the next week or two. Colts fans will NOT like it

Hopefully Rats fans won't either, but considering the Revis tampering decision, that is sketchier.

Still, Kensil is no longer employed by the rodents.

Hopefully Rats fans won't either, but considering the Revis tampering decision, that is sketchier.

Still, Kensil is no longer employed by the rodents.

Some further discussion:

10:24 AM - 5 May 2015
4-TIME CHAMPS! ‏@Sumski95 9m9 minutes ago
@Dan_Lifshatz how do you know colts fans wont like it?

10:25 AM - 5 May 2015
Dan Lifshatz ‏@Dan_Lifshatz 9m9 minutes ago
@Sumski95 its gonna implicate them as the main culprits

10:32 AM - 5 May 2015 · Details
Winston Churchtrill ‏@YAMANSDOOD 1m1 minute ago
@Dan_Lifshatz as a colts fan I couldn't care less. Made no difference in the game

10:33 AM - 5 May 2015
Dan Lifshatz ‏@Dan_Lifshatz 1m1 minute ago
@YAMANSDOOD oh it will....

10:39 AM - 5 May 2015
adam marshall ‏@amarshall23 1m1 minute ago
@Dan_Lifshatz you have sources on this?

10:40 AM - 5 May 2015
Dan Lifshatz ‏@Dan_Lifshatz 24s24 seconds ago
@amarshall23 yep

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday