PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roger Goodell has no plans to apologize to Patriots if they’re cleared in Deflategate probe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love it if it were true too, BUT, there has been so much MISINFORMATION out there, it's really hard to trust this guy, I have no clue who he is. ALSO, it would be all over the twittersverse already, I haven't seen anything. I'm not falling into any trap, we've been misled before by no names.

The only thing I an think of that would be big trouble for the Colts would be proof they deflated one of the balls on purpose, and that would be the one that was two pounds under. Christ, that's the weight of two quarter pounders, just ask Anderson Cooper..........

Now that I think of it that would only happen if Grigson told him to do it, no way a ball boy would do it on their own. If Jim Irsay were sober and had any decency he would fire Grigson right now.......

Why does that sound so familiar?

I'll have to tweet Bob Kravitz and get his take........

Don't think he's that reliable but he does work for 98.5 so take it for what it's worth...

Dan Lifshatz ‏@Dan_Lifshatz 37s37 seconds ago
The conclusion of Deflate Gate is coming down the pike...expect the report to leak in the next week or two. Colts fans will NOT like it

Dan the Angry Call Screener was the only good part of the Felger and Mazz show last year. He was hilarious with how crazy strict he was in screening. I remember one time when they played an argument he had with some Giants fan DURING the screening.

So I want to take him at his word.

So, if the Tweet is true, the Colts can't even beat the Patriots in framing them. Has to be upsetting. But still, wake me up when the actual report is released.

Imagine if Kensil and Grigson conspired to frame the Pats (or at least run a sting on the Pats) and they end up suspended or fired for getting caught. Tom Curran said that Belichick and the Patriots are Kensil's white whale and he could end up like Captain Ahab drowning in the ocean in a failed attempt to get his mortal enemy.

Yeah, only speculation at this time, but I can dream it is true.

I still think this Friday at about 4:45 will be when they release the report. No one will be available to comment for another two to three weeks until the next owner's meetings.

Goodell doesn't owe the Pats an apology for conducting the investigation. A complaint was made. The balls were measured at halftime and found to be "under-inflated" (note, I don't say "deflated"). He had to investigate.
However, he already owes the Pats apologies for the virulent and vitriolic leaks to the media from the League Offices.
He owes them an apology for not knocking down the rumors that these reports allowed to dominate the two weeks leading up to the SB.
If the Investigation shows that League officials were involved in orchestrating the events of that day, he will owe them an apology for that (plus their heads on a platter).
If the Investigation shows that Ravens and/or Colts staff were involved in orchestrating the events, he should instruct them to apologize to the Patriots and penalize them either with fines or draft picks.

You and rlcarr keep insisting Goodell can take an independent investigators report and rewrite it to their satisfaction yet you cannot point to one example of that ever happening?
The simple answer which you continue to ignore is that the investigation is not independent. The investigation was assigned by Goodell to Pash, the league counsel who is being assisted by Wells and his firm. If the investigation was truly independent it would be like the investigation of the Rice fiasco in which two designated owners, Mara and Rooney were clients and Mueller reported to them not Goodell. If this investigation was the same as the Mueller investigation, you would have a point but not in this case.

Goodell doesn't owe the Pats an apology for conducting the investigation. A complaint was made. The balls were measured at halftime and found to be "under-inflated" (note, I don't say "deflated"). He had to investigate.
However, he already owes the Pats apologies for the virulent and vitriolic leaks to the media from the League Offices.
He owes them an apology for not knocking down the rumors that these reports allowed to dominate the two weeks leading up to the SB.
If the Investigation shows that League officials were involved in orchestrating the events of that day, he will owe them an apology for that (plus their heads on a platter).
If the Investigation shows that Ravens and/or Colts staff were involved in orchestrating the events, he should instruct them to apologize to the Patriots and penalize them either with fines or draft picks.
Don't hold your breath about Goodell apologizing for anything.

Imagine if Kensil and Grigson conspired to frame the Pats (or at least run a sting on the Pats) and they end up suspended or fired for getting caught. Tom Curran said that Belichick and the Patriots are Kensil's white whale and he could end up like Captain Ahab drowning in the ocean in a failed attempt to get his mortal enemy.

Yeah, only speculation at this time, but I can dream it is true.

I still think this Friday at about 4:45 will be when they release the report. No one will be available to comment for another two to three weeks until the next owner's meetings.

Did the whale happen to receive any punitive/compensatory draft picks from Ahab in the story?

The only thing I an think of that would be big trouble for the Colts would be proof they deflated one of the balls on purpose, and that would be the one that was two pounds under. Christ, that's the weight of two quarter pounders, just ask Anderson Cooper..........

Now that I think of it that would only happen if Grigson told him to do it, no way a ball boy would do it on their own. If Jim Irsay were sober and had any decency he would fire Grigson right now.......

Why does that sound so familiar?

I'll have to tweet Bob Kravitz and get his take........

There are a couple of obvious reasons why they could receive negative attention or even possibly sanctions from the league aside from physically deflating footballs:

1) How they handled the situation--was it really a sting? Who did they contact when they had concerns? Did they leave anyone important out? What was the chain of custody like? Were there original concerns way back in November? Did they share those concerns with the right people, or keep them to themselves? The entire way that the situation was handled seems to have been an issue.

2) The failure to keep their concerns under wraps in an attempt to draw positive attention away from the Patriots, who had just won the AFCCG and were heading to the SB. Why did they purposely leak these concerns to the media? Why would they make this a public situation instead of allowing the commissioner to take care of it in his own way? Why would they wish to draw negative attention on their sport during the biggest game of the entire year?

Joker said:
https://thezog.wordpress.com/who-controls-professional-sports/

Pash is an Ashkenazi Jew from Brooklyn....go down the list of ranking execs in all the major sports. See anything repeatedly attributed to the men at the top? Who controls all the major sports leagues? It's pretty plain...a select handful from a particular demographic situated in New York City. All very familiar with one another if not outright tied into each other's interests.

Bob Kraft is an OUTSIDER outside this New York city centric fraternity. You expect fair treatment from Jeff Pash? Really? His lifelong interests, connections, friends and pursuit of career center in NYC. Everything he has LIVED FOR is in direct contraposition to business interests in the Boston/Providence/Hartford area.

No. No no no...do not try to sell me on that "pure as the driven snow because he's a respected attorney". He's a powerful, public business figure with an extreme amount of connections within the socio/political bi-state NY/NJ area.Care to guess the population? Try 20.1 MILLION PEOPLE. Pash has overwhelming personal and business interests that could only benefit from a continued assault on the Krafts and southern New England. We come in well down the line as far as population is concerend at 6.5 million combined for MassMetro/RI. If the Pats and New England ceased to exist tomorrow, Jeff Pash would take a limo to Brooklyn, stop in to see his relatives, go to a deli for a giant Reuben, get on the phone and set up a market strategy session in Manhattan aimed at promoting NY sporting interests to the entire 6 state region. A business blitzkrieg if you will. If you don't think so look up "naive", "blind" and "sucker" then think long and hard about it.

thezog.wodpress, a real bastion of journalistic integrity there. I'm not clicking any of the stuff on that page because it looks like some dime a dozen conspiracy site about how Jewish financiers control the world or some ****. Seriously "who controls wall street" "who controls Hollywood" "who controls music?" Guaranteed they are all either thinly disguised rants about the Jews or about secret lizard people.

Last edited:
so you are saying that site is a racist site? I didn't get that at all from reading it through. Seems pretty straight forward, reporting facts. Hey, you can keep getting your head pizzed on and believe it's raining ...I'll step out of the stream if you don't mind.

Seriously, look at what you wrote here

Pash is an Ashkenazi Jew from Brooklyn....go down the list of ranking execs in all the major sports. See anything repeatedly attributed to the men at the top? Who controls all the major sports leagues? It's pretty plain...a select handful from a particular demographic situated in New York City. All very familiar with one another if not outright tied into each other's interests.

Go back to reading your copy of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and stop with this kind of crap on a football forum.

I'll take it down if it offends you so much...no problem.

Seriously, look at what you wrote here

Go back to reading your copy of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and stop with this kind of crap on a football forum.
Wow, in all the time I've been on this forum, Joker's post is one of the most disturbing posts I've seen. Aside from the crap site being outdated (Selig and Stern are no longer commissioners of their sports)...it implies, no it blatantly claims that "those types" run sports.......

This thread is on a short list to get locked soon....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe