PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney: this will only motivate pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I can tell you, this is the last thing Seattle needs,'' Harrison said recently. "Those guys in that New England locker room are pumped. After all the hard work they've put in, after all they've accomplished, after all they've done, to have people doubt them?"They're taking that stuff personally. They're fired up. Add the fact Seattle was favored in the Super Bowl, and look out.''

From the macmullen article where she claims belichick should be suspended from the superbowl...

I agree with with Harrison 100%

it's a distraction. this will motivate next season. year after. but this SB? it's a distraction.

Like I said before I think this is pure motivation as well. You think we cheated to win? Ok! Verify the psi of the balls on tv and then we will stomp on Seattle. No more deflate gate BS.

I have no doubt.... I think that the hardest will be for them to control thier rage and funnel it apporpriety. Brandon Browner already has had a few loose tweets that seems ANGRY. Reign it in... put it in the game. That will be the coaches message all week.

The difference between this and the 2007 Spygame crap was that it was a season long story. When the sting of it was fresh, the Patriots were blowing the doors off teams to the point where we had "running-up-the-score-gate". By the time the SB came arround, the rage had been mostly expended. Sure there was a little manufactured rage at the Tomase crap, but that didn't have time to set in like this will.

I recall 2 specific games where the Patriots came out with a burning rage. Week 3 2007, the week after Spygate broke when we came out and absolutley butt stompted a very good San Diego game. And week 5 this year, after the Brady's washed up week against Cincy (another ass-raping). I think this burnng rage might propel this team to make the SB a blowout. Sounds weird to say that against Seattle, but I'm not kidding..... I think we will see this "incredibly talented" team play with an intensity that will likely border on scary.......... In a "scary-good" way (for Pats fans).

Of course it will, look what happened after the Kansas city game a whole week of Brady's done the dynasty is over and look how that turned out. keep throwing gasoline on the fire cause come February 1st New England's burning sh*t down.

I agree with Rodney. See my post in the Sherman thread.

they are playing for a sb ring. how much motivation do you need? i think all this crap hurts more than it helps.

I hope you positive folks are right. Harnessed anger can be great. Internal confusion and resentment and thinking about non-game planning stuff, not so much.

Is this SB the 2007 game vs SD or is it the 2003 Lawyer Milloy game vs Buffalo?

What patriot is gonna go all Richard Sherman at the end of the game and start screaming how they said we was cheaters.

What patriot is gonna go all Richard Sherman at the end of the game and start screaming how they said we was cheaters.

Most likely candidate would be Browner but I would laugh if Tom or Bill went off on a crazy rant.

The only satisfaction would be destroying the seahawks.I still think this is a huge distraction.I think its critical that they win in impressive fashion.

I can tell you, this is the last thing Seattle needs,'' Harrison said recently. "Those guys in that New England locker room are pumped. After all the hard work they've put in, after all they've accomplished, after all they've done, to have people doubt them?"They're taking that stuff personally. They're fired up. Add the fact Seattle was favored in the Super Bowl, and look out.''

From the macmullen article where she claims belichick should be suspended from the superbowl...
Macmullen really stated that??

I swear, it's full on mutiny!

Rodney is projecting what he would be like if he were on this team.

He had the ability to take every slight and rub it off on his teammates. Not to mention other guys like Bruschi, McGinest, and Vrabel also had the same mentality.

With this team? Maybe Browner. Who else? I just remember the Jets talking all that junk before our playoff game in 2010 and then coming into our house and physically bullying the crap out of the team. We still have the same leaders of that team on this team (Wilfork, Brady, Mayo). Not sure this team is wired the same way. They just need to execute to win.

This is bullsh*t. They've got a week to seethe and bond oover this. Only the great teams cause the weak, mewling babies to find excuses and charges for stuff that everybody does (every decent qb customizes every ball he can and everybody knows it). They can't cut it on the field, that's why.

I've been dropping this Bucko Kilroy quote in facebook comments...

'Bucko Kilroy had a simple response for those opposing players, and media members, who described him as a dirty football player.

"That is the reply of losers," he said.

"The losers will never admit that the Eagles were just the more physical team, or that the Eagles just wanted it more. The losers will not state, 'Wow! The Eagles physically blew us off the line of scrimmage running Van Buren down our throats!' The losing teams always had an excuse stating the Eagles were a dirty football team.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back