PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison not a Drake Maye guy

winner of multiple regular season titles!

An actual contender every season for the last 4 seasons. If the rest of the Bills produced as well as he does they would likely have a Lombardi right now. Unfortunately like Brady Patrick Mahomes is going to be a ***** to get past every year.

Of course there's a lot more to scouting a qb than the box score.
But c'mon, man 16/36?
Even allowing for his receivers not getting open( though we both know he missed wide open receivers all season), 16/36 is still putrid.
That speaks to his biggest weakness: decision-making.
He needs to drastically improve that to be successful.
If we draft him I'm hopeful that he'll emulate Brady and study tons of film and get a better grasp of what defenses are doing.
Like I said before, I still think he's the best qb prospect in the draft. He has a huge ceiling.
Does he have the fire,drive and love of football to work his butt off to reach that ceiling? I don't know but he seems to have a good makeup and work ethic.
Here is my play-by-play review, including runs for the Clemson game. He had a few bad plays but was under a ton of pressure.
He was completely unfazed by the road crowd at Clemson. Not his best game, but he really did a ton of thongs well against a d-line that was beating his O line regularly. In the 4th Quarter they just assumed pass, pass, pass on defense and that is what they got.
I did not give him any real credit for the horrible routes called by the OC, just tried to judge what any QB would be able to do on that particular play.
Not sure which college QB would have done much better in the circumstances he was in for this game.

Attachments

• MayeClemson.jpg
    MayeClemson.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 3
Here is my play-by-play review, including runs for the Clemson game. He had a few bad plays but was under a ton of pressure.
He was completely unfazed by the road crowd at Clemson. Not his best game, but he really did a ton of thongs well against a d-line that was beating his O line regularly. In the 4th Quarter they just assumed pass, pass, pass on defense and that is what they got.
I did not give him any real credit for the horrible routes called by the OC, just tried to judge what any QB would be able to do on that particular play.
Not sure which college QB would have done much better in the circumstances he was in for this game.
Could only read up to play 35.
Thanks for posting that.
I agree not many college qbs who'd have done better. I think Daniels would've, as he's a better decision- maker than Maye.
But point taken.
Still overall a crappy game from Maye but acknowledging he didn't have much offensive support.
At this point, it looks like Maye is likely to be the Pats' pick at 3- Washington is heavily favored to take Daniels.
Btw, if both were available, I'd take Maye. And I love Daniels- best intangibles in the draft.
I just think Maye has a higher ceiling.
So lets hope Mayo lets the kid develop
properly. I think he will.
Mayo witnessed how BB destroyed Mac with the OC fiasco.
Maye needs time but if he's willing to work and loves football he could be great

When the host asked him what he would do for QB he had no real answer. His response was basically trade for one or worry about it later. First there is no guarantee you hit on all those extra picks, second there is a chance the Vikings end up being pretty good and those later picks are mid to late first round picks (high teens or 20's). Lastly the Patriots will eventually find themselves exactly where the Vikings are when they need a QB. They'll have to mortgage the future offering multiple round 1 picks to move up hoping they have a willing trade partner. It's a lot easier to find skill players when you have a great QB more so than finding a franchise QB when you have great skill players. The skill players will either become too expensive or too old, it just hardly ever lines up properly.

Calvin Johnson, Moss, Owens, Jefferson so on. The list is LONG of teams that took the stud wideout and never found the QB to pair with them. Take the QB and build around him.
I don’t understand this recent narrative about not taking the QB now. It’s silly as ****. Only pass on the QBs if you don’t like them.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back