PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney and Peter King

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason for that is probably because Tom has been starting in the NFL since 2000, while Garrard has not. Most people assume that starting in the NFL is going to put wear and tear on your body that a backup will not see.

I see your point, though. I have noticed that people are starting to call attention to Tom's age (mostly since drafting O'Connell), even though he is playing better than ever.

Meanwhile, Peyton is a year older than Tom and I rarely see anyone bring up his age.

Something unrelated from King's article...it struck me as I read how one of Jacksonville's big strengths is that they've found their "quarterback of the future." You see references like this a lot, about Garrard as one of the up-and-coming young QBs in the league. I think he's a very good player, but hasn't anybody noticed that...

David Garrard is the same age as Tom Brady.

Garrard is a seasoned veteran, entering his 7th season in the NFL. He only seems like a fresh new flavor of the day because he never did squat his first 5 years!

A Good cautionary tale of what happens when the money people override the football people. Del Rio preferred Garrard for the last few years, but the first round pick Leftwich, whom they traded up for, was thrust upon him. I guess it's also a cautionary tale against blowing a high #1 pick.

Something unrelated from King's article...it struck me as I read how one of Jacksonville's big strengths is that they've found their "quarterback of the future." You see references like this a lot, about Garrard as one of the up-and-coming young QBs in the league. I think he's a very good player, but hasn't anybody noticed that...

David Garrard is the same age as Tom Brady.

Garrard is a seasoned veteran, entering his 7th season in the NFL. He only seems like a fresh new flavor of the day because he never did squat his first 5 years!

Or maybe I should think of it this way: The Patriots have found their Quarterback of the Future! :D

I never even thought to check his years in the league patchick...great point. I thought he was pretty good because of how much better I thought he'd get. Now I realize he can't get much better...after 7 years in the league, he's about as developed as he's gonna get!

The reason for that is probably because Tom has been starting in the NFL since 2000, while Garrard has not. Most people assume that starting in the NFL is going to put wear and tear on your body that a backup will not see.

I see your point, though. I have noticed that people are starting to call attention to Tom's age (mostly since drafting O'Connell), even though he is playing better than ever.

Meanwhile, Peyton is a year older than Tom and I rarely see anyone bring up his age.

a year older?...really?

I'm 49 & I'm not old but anyone 50 or over is definately old!;)

It has nothing to do with wear and tear. It's just that Tom doesn't seem like he would stick around much past his prime - he has celebrity that transcends football which makes it unnecessary for him to keep playing after his skills begin to erode.

It has nothing to do with wear and tear. It's just that Tom doesn't seem like he would stick around much past his prime - he has celebrity that transcends football which makes it unnecessary for him to keep playing after his skills begin to erode.

Except an incredible love for the game and winning........as long as he is on this team, competeting for Superbowls year in and year and can play at a high level, I say he sticks around for a very long time.

Unless I've forgotten how to read, that poll says that almost 3/4 of the people who voted believe the Pats will sign Brady before he's a free agent in 2011.

Uh, precisely my point. A quarter of the people here feel Brady is HISTORY. WTF???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft