King: SB QB's bro had access to foe's locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Rico

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Not that Peter King spinned it that way; nope:

Awkward moments at the Colts facility last week on the four days the Patriots were there to practice. Usually, when an NFL team's facility is being used for a Super Bowl, the team empties out and returns the day after the game. But because Peyton Manning was doing serious rehab in his attempt to return from neck surgery, Manning was at the facility most days until 10 a.m., leaving before the Patriots arrived. But still the Patriots used the Colts' locker room, which chapped not only Manning but many in the Colts organization.

Um, the Colts — who weren't supposed to be there, according to King — were "chapped"? The Patriots were supposed to change their Super Bowl week schedule to appease Lord Peyton? And can you imagine the spin if the game was in NE, the Colts were playing, and BRADY had access to their locker room in off hurs? What am I missing?

Last edited:
Is there a third locker room in the stadium that the Pats should have used? WTF!

This is the kind of thing that's only a big deal to people like Peter King because:

1-Peter King is the King of the Manning Family Jock Sniffers.

2-Peter King is a douche bag.

Friggin' ridiculous.

Probably had the Manning face too.

I just wish I saw that look on his brother :(.

So Peyton had access to the Patriots locker room and then on gameday Patriots headsets didn't work at the start of the game...

Enough help for the Giants?

Last edited:
So Peyton had access to the Patriots locker room and then on gameday Patriots headsets didn't work at the start of the game...

Enough help for the Giants?

GooberGate!

I am pretty sure that the "BB left recording devices in Colts' locker room during SB" story will be circulated heavily at some time in the future.
Why weren't the Giants using it? I'm sure Coughlin would have just ignored the distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes