PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft blasts Welker's agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kraft is just killing Wes's agent right now

Ouch. Good for Kraft - I like this side of him.

Even if I'm ultimately disappointed in how everything transpired, and am sure he's spinning facts his way a little, too, I love seeing him come out strong and defend himself, the team and the organization.

I only wish he had done it back when Spygate broke.

Defend the organization how, we broke the "rule" there is no question about it.

who cares anyway?

LOL......foxborough was selling out long before tom brady...and will continue to seel out after he's gone.

gillete was being built before tom brady......

kraft is the only reason the pats even matter to us now......kraft may be the only reason the 2011 season started on time

go be a fan of some other team

He's already rooting hard for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl.

Let's ask Greg Jennings. ;)

What a numb reply. Two reports, one says they offered him 6 mil and the other saying an offer was never made. But of course a disputed report of a flyer offer made to a FA that has never played for NE is a direct reflection and proof of how cheap Kraft is.

That is pure ignorance mixed with a touch of stupidity.

I don't get it. Why is Kraft saying he doesn't answer to Brady a big deal?

Why is Kraft saying he does not have to answer to Brady via the media?

What is the point?

Why was this even said?

I am not saying it is not, necessarily, true but what I am saying is just don't say it...

Robert Kraft is 100% full of crap. Welker had more receptions than any player in NFL history over a 6 year period, broke Jerry Rice's record for 100 RECseasons, and led the league in first downs and YAC lat year, and the Patriots wanted him to take Ocho money. They were pissed off he took the franchise money and wouldn't accept their lowball deal so they pushed him out the door.

A 2 year deal isn't wanting Welker to be a Patriot "for life, " Kraft is a liar, he should just his piehole.

Kraft might be full of crap but the way things shook out and what heard prior to Krafts statements all fit with what Kraft said.

I am not sure what the 6 year period has to do with anything the pats had an idea of his market and it was in line with what he actually signed. Those are facts and have little to do with what kraft said and to me is all that really matters.

To me the only thing in this whole situation you can fault the Patriots over is moving on so quickly. Sounds like if they waited one more day and risked not getting DA that would have got the better player in Wes. But that is a hindsight criticicism as they could have lost out on both doing that.

He has the Broncos plans confused with their own plans.

Here is your answer:http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/welkers-guarantee-is-less-than-whats-reported-as-usual

Welker will draw a $2M salary and $4M roster bonus in 2013, and a $3M salary plus $3M roster bonus in 2014. He'll receive a $150K incentive if he reaches the 90-catch plateau within either (or both) season(s).

The caponomics are straightforward - he'll count for $6M each year against Denver's cap.

But his 2014 compensation is currently only guaranteed for injury, and will not become fully guaranteed until next March.

This means Welker essentially has a one-year deal, and the Broncos hold a one-year option on him for 2014, for which they have until March 2014 to decide whether to keep or release him.

Brady is seriously pissed off and Kraft knows it so he is trying to deflect the blame from where it belongs, on the Patriots.

Curious, is he a family member and does he consult with you often? What did he say to you exactly please do share. Word of advice...a little less emotional it will help you in the long run.

What is the point?

Why was this even said?

I am not saying it is not, necessarily, true but what I am saying is just don't say it...

No idea. Would need to see the Q&A in context. But on its face, I don't see it as being particularly controversial.

Robert Kraft make Mumbles Menino sound smart...when are they going to extend Vince Wil****.:D I get the feeling that Wes didn't like BB. I wouldn't like a guy like BB to be my boss.

I agree, have no problem with what he said and corroborates what Reiss said last week..

Wes was given an offer, he checked with other teams, when he came back the offer was no longer on the table..

Just like two years ago, he was given an offer and walked away..

And where do you think Reiss got his story from??? And where do you think Tom E Curran gets his stories from??
Heeellllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooo....is anyone home?? Duhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Mike Felger has to be laughing hysterically listening to Robert Kraft tell the same story Mike Reiss did. Hmmm, that seems to jive with exactly what Felger was insinuating about certain media types being Patriot house boys.
Huh imagine that. :D

What is the point?

Why was this even said?

Because it could be construed that either Brady was being a diva or that there was some acrimony. He was trying to dispel both. If you read the quote it isn't really anything against Brady:

Have you spoken, or felt compelled to speak, with Tom Brady about what went down and how this happened?
“I don’t answer to Tom Brady. He’s an important member of the team and we’ve chatted. He did what he did to put us in the best position to build a team around him and win games. We’ve chatted about it. But he has never … it has been reported that he, or people close to him, have made certain comments. None of that is true. I’ve spoken with him directly. Whomever is creating that impression is mistaken.”

Is he upset?
“No. I mean, we’re all upset that he’s not with us. But we’re building a team. He never put a demand or expected anything when he did what he did. He never put quid pro quos, and to be honest, we wouldn’t have accepted them had he done that. He did what he thought … and what he did was tremendous. It’s given our team a real competitive advantage to be in a position to win. And now it’s how well our personnel people make the decisions.”

No idea. Would need to see the Q&A in context. But on its face, I don't see it as being particularly controversial.

Reiss has the most complete write up of the statements that I have found so far.

Robert Kraft make Mumbles Menino sound smart...when are they going to extend Vince Wil****.:D I get the feeling that Wes didn't like BB. I wouldn't like a guy like BB to be my boss.

Is it because you are lazy?

WW is now playing for Denver because he believes the Denver deal is better....despite how Bob sees the deal.

Re: Kraft is just killing Wes's agent right now

Defend the organization how, we broke the "rule" there is no question about it.

He could defend the organization against misleading black & white statements such as the above, which are devoid of any context or perspective.

Reiss has the most complete write up of the statements that I have found so far.

Well Ivan says Brady is steaming mad. Ipso facto, Kraft is a liar.

WW is now playing for Denver because he believes the Denver deal is better....despite how Bob sees the deal.

Kraft-

“Wednesday, I personally got a call from Wes and he told me about this offer from Denver. He called Bill as well. We met and we chatted. We have a lot of people, we’ve committed a lot of money to this inside position – you have Gronk, you have Hernandez, you have Danny [Amendola] now – it was just unfortunately a little bit too late.

“If he had called one day earlier, he would have been with us. And so that, is the Wes Welker story. I’m very sad about it and I wish he would have been with our team.”

He has the Broncos plans confused with their own plans.

Brady is seriously pissed off and Kraft knows it so he is trying to deflect the blame from where it belongs, on the Patriots.

When he talks, we have *****ing(he should've kept quite)... When he kept his mouth shut we had *****ing(he should've talked/fight the allegations) ... i guess it's lose/lose type of deal with you people.:mad:

The agent took it to the Pats (http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/18/4119424/wes-welker-agent-patriots-didnt-want); Kraft felt offended (lie or not) and had his side of the story. I have no problem with the way he acted/reacted; calling him cheap is just unfair.

Have you spoken, or felt compelled to speak, with Tom Brady about what went down and how this happened?
“I don’t answer to Tom Brady. He’s an important member of the team and we’ve chatted. He did what he did to put us in the best position to build a team around him and win games. We’ve chatted about it. But he has never … it has been reported that he, or people close to him, have made certain comments. None of that is true. I’ve spoken with him directly. Whomever is creating that impression is mistaken.”

Is he upset?
“No. I mean, we’re all upset that he’s not with us. But we’re building a team. He never put a demand or expected anything when he did what he did. He never put quid pro quos, and to be honest, we wouldn’t have accepted them had he done that. He did what he thought … and what he did was tremendous. It’s given our team a real competitive advantage to be in a position to win. And now it’s how well our personnel people make the decisions.”

Noone who is a Patriot fan or who has an I.Q. over 80 should have a problem with what Kraft has said in this context.

EDIT: And Krafts insinuations only heighten my expectation that we will be signing Dumervil and trading him back to the Broncos for Wes and a undisclosed draft pick ;)

This notion that Kraft owes Brady or Kraft needs to sign Welker to keep Brady happy is asinine. Kraft will have paid Tom Brady $160 million or whatever it is when all is said and done. He doesn't owe him anything beyond that. I'm sure Tom Brady realizes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye