PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft blasts Welker's agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
WW is now playing for Denver because he believes the Denver deal is better....despite how Bob sees the deal.

not really,

WW is now playing for Denver because he believes the Denver deal is better than the offer that was still left on the table in NE after he had decided to turn down previous, better offers, and after Amendola had been already been signed as plan B.

Here is your answer:Welker’s guarantee is less than what’s reported, as usual - It's All Over, Fat Man!

Curious, is he a family member and does he consult with you often? What did he say to you exactly please do share. Word of advice...a little less emotional it will help you in the long run.

You can't be serious? Are you saying that Kraft actually knows what he is talking about? I mean he obviously didn't have a clue about the cap ramifications of the CBA, of which he was a primary architect.

This is what I found interesting from Kraft's transcript:

At the same time, we know we have to improve our defense if we want to compete to make it to the playoffs. That’s what we’ve done.

Unless he's counting re-signing the teams own FA's in Talib and Arrington, this improvement is fairly marginal (Adrian Wilson). Unless they're expecting big things from Armstead and Benard. My hope is that he's counting a close to done deal with Abraham in that.

And where do you think Reiss got his story from??? And where do you think Tom E Curran gets his stories from??
Heeellllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooo....is anyone home?? Duhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Mike Felger has to be laughing hysterically listening to Robert Kraft tell the same story Mike Reiss did. Hmmm, that seems to jive with exactly what Felger was insinuating about certain media types being Patriot house boys.
Huh imagine that. :D

Also, I'm pretty sure the Emmanual Sanders rumors were generate by the Pats FO with the intention of leveraging B Lloyd to restructure.

As for Krafts comments, actions speak louder than words. The contract they offered Welker was pretty weak. As Felger says, if they REALLY wanted him back they certainly could have made a better offer. Don't blame the agent. He was offered 2 years $15M, does that not represent "the market?"

When he talks, we have *****ing(he should've kept quite)... When he kept his mouth shut we had *****ing(he should've talked/fight the allegations) ... i guess it's lose/lose type of deal with you people.:mad:

The agent took it to the Pats (http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/18/4119424/wes-welker-agent-patriots-didnt-want); Kraft felt offended (lie or not) and had his side of the story. I have no problem with the way he acted/reacted; calling him cheap is just unfair.

I agree with this and even though I think Krafts statement do bring a lot of context to this I still wish he just kept his mouth shut to stay consistant with how they usually act. Your damned if you do damned if you dont but you look dumber doing it if you are inconsistant. But I guess if this is the one time Kraft felt he needed to speak up it likely is of little consequence.

Kraft-

“Wednesday, I personally got a call from Wes and he told me about this offer from Denver. He called Bill as well. We met and we chatted. We have a lot of people, we’ve committed a lot of money to this inside position – you have Gronk, you have Hernandez, you have Danny [Amendola] now – it was just unfortunately a little bit too late.

“If he had called one day earlier, he would have been with us. And so that, is the Wes Welker story. I’m very sad about it and I wish he would have been with our team.”

You'll never convince borges, er, uh, I mean borg.....

Also, I'm pretty sure the Emmanual Sanders rumors were generate by the Pats FO with the intention of leveraging B Lloyd to restructure.

As for Krafts comments, actions speak louder than words. The contract they offered Welker was pretty weak. As Felger says.....

I tried to keep an open mind, then you said that. I stopped reading and moved on. If you cannot comprehend why Felger says the things he says I cant help you.

P.S. Felger in the past has said 'cap is crap', talks about Jets getting things done as an example. Wonder if he still does that now that the Jets are crap. Un-listenable radio for any serious pats fan.

All these people saying Brady is pissed off. So friggin what! The only option Brady has is retire and we all know he is not going to that.

Translation. His agent played poker and really lost. If WW had called one day earlier the Pats don't pull the trigger on Amendola. But you know for a fact his agents told him NOT to call, sit strong with your best poker face.

I don't blame the Patriots and I don't blame Wes to a degree. I blame the agent (who all in all was only trying to do his job).

Kraft-
“If he had called one day earlier, he would have been with us.”

Or Bob could have called WW one day earlier instead of quickly moving on to plan B. Must be nice to make definitive statements after the fact. But at least NE saved a million. Bob can put that in the win column

Guys like Curran and Reiss are in a tough spot. If they speak harshly about the Pats organization they certainly won't get any favors from them. Even now, as alleged "Yes" men, the Pats still don't give them much in the way of breaking news. Most of that stuff filters through el Jefe "Schefter."

not really,

WW is now playing for Denver because he believes the Denver deal is better than the offer that was still left on the table in NE after he had decided to turn down previous, better offers, and after Amendola had been already been signed as plan B.

According to Kraft the Patriots offered Welker $8 million the 1st year of the deal.
Does anyone believe that??? Come on Robert.....:rolleyes:

According to Kraft the Patriots offered Welker $8 million the 1st year of the deal.
Does anyone believe that??? Come on Robert.....:rolleyes:

Probably not but I also don't believe Welker's agent saying no deal was offered.

I tried to keep an open mind, then you said that. I stopped reading and moved on. If you cannot comprehend why Felger says the things he says I cant help you.

At what point did you think I was asking for your help?

As for Krafts comments, actions speak louder than words. The contract they offered Welker was pretty weak. As Felger says, if they REALLY wanted him back they certainly could have made a better offer. Don't blame the agent. He was offered 2 years $15M, does that not represent "the market?"

And that was after Belichick's Baghdad Bob = Tom E Curran smeared Lloyd with his "the guy is really weird and the team is tired of him" story.
Huh, I thought Josh McDaniel worked with Lloyd in the past and recommended Lloyd to Belichick.
I guess being a Patriot is what changed Brandon. :rolleyes:

Yeah, only the Red Sox smear players with media whisper campaigns eh??

The arrogance continues.
Why is Robert Kraft opining that Wes Welker might be cut after year 1 in Denver?? Why is Kraft commenting on Welker's deal with Denver??
Bob Kraft says he doesn't answer to Tom Brady???
Psssst, hey Bobby you ain't no model franchise without #12.
God I wish Tom Brady had Gisele's balls and mouth. Someone needs to put Kraft in his place.
Gisele would in 1.2 seconds.

You're an idiot.

No player should ever be bigger than the team. Ask Saints fans how they feel about Brees single handedly destroying that team due to his contract and ego.

I'm glad Kraft ripped Welker's agent. Especially if this report the Patriots didn't offer ANYTHING is a lie (which it certainly appears to be).

The organization had several years to do the right thing by Welker. It chose not to. Kraft knows this and is just doing damage control. The Patriots apologists will buy the nonsense, and that's all it takes to keep sales brisk.

I HATE how much impact that these stupid agents seem to have on where players go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back