PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury: torn ACL, MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk just can't catch a break, looked like a season ending injury :nooo: I'm usually an optimistic person but I just don't see a way we could reach a SB without him.

Even a broken leg the best you could really hope for is he would be back maybe by the AFCCG but really the SB and they aren't making it that far without him. I could be wrong but I thought I heard him say I broke my F'in leg and then somebody asked are you sure and he said watch the F'in replay. Maybe they luck out and that's "all" it is.

Now we just have to wait for Rosenhaus to tell Florio what the actual injury is...

I think I am close to being done with this sport. Can't high high so now defenders have to end careers. I'm not blaming TJ Ward at all, that's what you're supposed to do now. Go low or get flagged. This sport is stupid.

A lot of observers seem to think Vereen is a major talent, and the Patriots' best skill position player after Brady and Gronk.

If Vereen AND Amendola live up to expectations, there could be a playoff run yet.

No way could the Pats beat an elite, healthy team in the post-season ... but the Pats also aren't going to FACE an elite, healthy team in the post-season. Everybody has major injuries, suspensions, arrests, etc.

I'm typically the last one to jump to "the sky is falling" mode, but if Gronk is done for the year, the team's Super Bowl chances just dropped dramatically.

We've all seen firsthand what Gronkowski means to the offense.

No bueno

Just wanted to chime in by saying, despite Gronk's injury history, this is not something I'd put on him. There was no time to react to Ward coming at him like that, and this league has evolved towards big hits in the secondary after the catch. Finley, Keller, just some of the pass catching TEs that have gone down because of the changes in rules.

I can stomach my team losing from being beaten. I can take freak injuries and bad luck. But I don't think I can continue to support a sport that willfully puts its players at risk. The sad thing is I can't really blame Ward for the low hit. But how is it nobody talks about the 5-yard limit on contact by a defensive player (besides here of course)?

I wish him the best of luck in recovery, but I'm not sure I'll ever see Gronk play again, not sure I don't want Brady to just retire and keep what's left of his health. I'm just in a bad mood right now, and it's annoying to see people on TV lament injuries but dance around what we all know the problem is.

With this many injuries to the Patriots, it's only a matter of time before someone else has it coming.

Who?

Peyton Manning today vs. the Titans. Bernard Pollard.

My model of a complete TE is Mark Bavaro. (Sue me -- I lived in NYC for many years.)
Nothing to be ashamed of. Belichick has talked many times about how much he loved Bavaro when they were with the Giants together.

I'm typically the last one to jump to "the sky is falling" mode, but if Gronk is done for the year, the team's Super Bowl chances just dropped dramatically.

We've all seen firsthand what Gronkowski means to the offense.

No bueno

Offense--17th in the league without Gronk this year, 1st in the league with him. Can't win it all with an average offense and defense.

After that dirty hit...

I feel bad saying it, but why don't the Pats ever end other player's seasons?

Seems like if we're gonna get shafted this often we should be doing some damage of our own.

Where to begin? I just hope he didn't tear everything. Bad back, Arm and now knee...i just hope he can come back 100% from this...
Ive seen players walk off looking a lot better than gronk did only to have to have surgery. I don't think the news will be good, but i don't think it will be career ending either. Its just a damn shame. But thats how many of the great ones are taken out of the game, if you can't stop them knock them out.

Re: After that dirty hit...

I feel bad saying it, but why don't the Pats ever end other player's seasons?

Meriweather tried to, often - glad the bum is gone.

Seems like if we're gonna get shafted this often we should be doing some damage of our own.

No, just no. NEVER. NO!

Good grief, these are human beings out there, not bots on a computer game. Wtf is wrong with you?

Ive seen players walk off looking a lot better than gronk did only to have to have surgery. I don't think the news will be good, but i don't think it will be career ending either. Its just a damn shame. But thats how many of the great ones are taken out of the game, if you can't stop them knock them out.

Initial reports do not look good according to what I have seen online and on twitter.:cry2:

Ok but what about these initial reports? The only thing I know didn't look good was the hit. How is Twitter so well-versed?

the only initial report i need is hear gronk say "i think i broke my leg" while writhing around on the ground.

My stomach sank to the floor.

What a nightmare scenerio for the patriots this year players wise, and we are still looking at the 2nd seed in the afc.

How is BB not coach of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back