PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury: torn ACL, MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but what about these initial reports? The only thing I know didn't look good was the hit. How is Twitter so well-versed?

they are saying it doesn't look good...of course it doesn't...he most likely tore a lot of things

This is what the NFL wanted when they legislated high hits out of the game. That's a damn shame. As for Gronk, that looked very ugly. He's more than likely done for the year.

Florio is reporting it doesn't look good, but an MRI tomorrow. Florio and Rosenhaus are business partners so it is safe to assume it is a torn ACL.

Get well Gronk! See you in July or August.

Gronk injury

Wouldn't it be something if its just a sprain and he can comeback in the playoffs?? This is a team of destiny to win it all.

I've decided to enjoy/celebrate the win and mourn, gloom and doom tomorrow, besides, my wife and I have good friends over

gronk already taken to hospital

rest up big man.

Looks bad.

come back stronger next season.

the only initial report i need is hear gronk say "i think i broke my leg" while writhing around on the ground.

My stomach sank to the floor.

What a nightmare scenerio for the patriots this year players wise, and we are still looking at the 2nd seed in the afc.

How is BB not coach of the year?

Because coach of the year normally goes to the coach that makes the biggest turnaround.

That said, he did win it in 2007 (16-0, of course) and 2010, so there's at least a chance.

I'd rather have Gronk healthy than win today's game

So unfair. Broncos better have it coming with an injury too. A broken ankle for Manning is due.

Schefter says torn ACL... sigh.

Fox sports...torn ACL

Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL (MOD EDIT: AND Damaged MCL)

Devastating blow – 25+ years of being a fan of pro sports I have never seen a team have to face this level of adversity :cry2:

@ESPNNFL : BREAKING: Patriots believe Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL, as @MikeGarafolo reported. MRI on Monday to confirm it is torn. (via @AdamSchefter)

Re: Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

Thug hit. Probably gone until this time next year, will be lucky if it's just his ACL.

But hey, Goodell says it's ok to do so how about McCourty starts doing the same thing.

Gronk injury

Torn acl would suck. Please have a sliver of hope it isn't.

His 45th surgery - hopefully, he will be ready to go next year - ALL year.

Too many injuries this year... :(

Just the ACL?

I have to consider that not the worst case scenario at least. It certainly looked horrible enough.

I guess they'll know how bad after the MRI and what else might be torn.

damn.

I think I am close to being done with this sport. Can't high high so now defenders have to end careers. I'm not blaming TJ Ward at all, that's what you're supposed to do now. Go low or get flagged. This sport is stupid.

Sorry, but the NFL had nothing to do with that hit. Gronk is huge - there is plenty of room between shoulder and knee but Ward went for the cheap-shot all the way. And it is a shame for the NFL that that kind of play is legal.

Devastating blow – 25+ years of being a fan of pro sports I have never seen a team have to face this level of adversity :cry2:

Losing Brady in 2008 was far worse. No comparison.

gUYS don't let a debbie downer like me be the only optimist her :rolleyes:

We beat a 4th rank defense without any starter or star player.

The superbowl is the pats to lose if boyce, thompkins, and dobson can all play together.

I have confidence in the rookies and the best and deepest receiver core the pats have had in a decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back