PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ricky Williams fails drug test

Status
Not open for further replies.
huskeralk said:
If not for the testing, nobody would even know that he smoked some weed and nobody would care.

He's never been known as a bizarre individual has he? Doing interviews with his helmet on, walking away from a very well paying job to live in a tent. Yeah, nobody would never have known.

garcia_400_478.jpg

Seems as if we have a few deahead fans on the board today.

Patriot Missile said:
Atleast Ronnie Brown becomes a legitimate back for those Fantasy Owners out there.
Plus it makes my decision on whether or not to keep Ricky a lot easier. Would have been good trade bait. Oh well.

PATSNUTme said:
Seems as if we have a few deahead fans on the board today.

Not me. Have sampled weed a handful of times in my life and don't like it. But I can't think of a reason that makes sense to care whether Ricky Williams smokes it or not.

Willie55 said:
He's never been known as a bizarre individual has he? Doing interviews with his helmet on, walking away from a very well paying job to live in a tent. Yeah, nobody would never have known.

Yeah, because there aren't any strange individuals who have never smoked weed in their entire life. The whole not taking his helmet off had nothing to do with drugs.

PATSNUTme said:
Most people do care except maybe Jets fans.

Yeah, nice try.

My last word on the subject. Many do care about NFL players using illeagal drugs. Maybe not on this board but many others do.

Kids look up to professional athletes. Maybe they don't like it but they are role models. The NFL put the drug program in for good reason and all players know it. Many parents do want to see this policy enforced.

You have someone like Ricky who openly professes his love for the weed. Then he comes back to the NFL and violates the rules, he should be suspended, that's it.

huskeralk said:
Yeah, because there aren't any strange individuals who have never smoked weed in their entire life. The whole not taking his helmet off had nothing to do with drugs.

Did you ever think his paranoid/anti-social disorder could have been a by-product of his drug use.

Willie55 said:
Did you ever think his paranoid/anti-social disorder could have been a by-product of his drug use.

No I don't, my wife works in the field and I know for a fact that there are plenty of people out there that have those kinds of problem without the assist of marijuana. It is possible however that he smokes week because of those exact problems.

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
I have a cousin with the same Social Anxiety Disorder as Williams. He hates weed, hates the taste, smell, and especially the social stigma, but he smokes canabis almost daily and claims it helps a great deal with his disorder. Aparently all the meds the doctors put him on had side-effects that he considered much worse than the disease, but the evil plant helps him function in the same way, minus the shriveled willie and baldness (or whatever the side effects were). I dunno if it's bull**** or not, but I tend to believe him when he says that without it, he wouldn't be able to hold down a job or leave the house.

huskeralk said:
No I don't, my wife works in the field and I know for a fact that there are plenty of people out there that have those kinds of problem without the assist of marijuana. It is possible however that he smokes week because of those exact problems.

I have seen many people, too many to tell you the truth, get all wacked out because of drug use. I dont think you can definatively say yes or no. I will never know, and you will never know, if in Ricky's case caused it, or he uses it because of it.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
I have a cousin with the same Social Anxiety Disorder as Williams. He hates weed, hates the taste, smell, and especially the social stigma, but he smokes canabis almost daily and claims it helps a great deal with his disorder. Aparently all the meds the doctors put him on had side-effects that he considered much worse than the disease, but the evil plant helps him function in the same way, minus the shriveled willie and baldness (or whatever the side effects were). I dunno if it's bull**** or not, but I tend to believe him when he says that without it, he wouldn't be able to hold down a job or leave the house.

It may help him, and if it does, good for him. Drugs effect every person differently. Some people could do drugs for thirty years and it doesn't change them. Some people try it just once and it destroys them. I don't think anybody here can say definately yes or no if it's a by-product of Ricky's use, or if he uses it because of it.

We interupt this discussion on the evils of pot to report:

Per John Clayton of ESPN the drug Ricky tested positive for was not marajuana.

And now we have profootballtalk.com asserting that Ricky FAILED nothing ... but that he MISSED a demanded testing ... while he was in ... India.

O the wickedness of it all!

Actually they are reporting now that it is not a missed test, nor did he test positive for weed. Perhaps his Mom is telling the truth and Ricky used a nutritional supplement in which something tested positive.

Apparently his agent is pissed that the Broncos leaked the story after they learned of the positive test in the process of kicking his tires for a possible trade. He will apparently appeal the finding but I fear with the NFL like with the IRS Ricky will find that ignorance is no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back