PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ricky Williams fails drug test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks alot Ricky. Can't wait to show up to work tommorow..... :enranged:

hwc said:
I can't believe all the statements of sympathy I'm hearing. Get a grip Pats fans. This is a division rival we're talking about. Ricky Williams flunking another drug test? Are you kidding me? That's great news!

Look at this: as of 9:44 Pacific, 43 pages worth of posts on a Dolphins message board. You'd think it was Dan Marino in his prime.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=125126

Hopefully...Ricky can sing the "Jah" music.

"By the river in Dolphin-town, there Ricky sparked one down"

One of the reports this AM states that he may not have been "dirty", but may have missed a drug test, either way too bad really liked him on the playing field even though he played for the Dolphins.

There is a reason why they call it "dope".

GJAJ15 said:
One of the reports this AM states that he may not have been "dirty", but may have missed a drug test, either way too bad really liked him on the playing field even though he played for the Dolphins.

And missing a mandatory drug test is considered a failure by the NFL and CBA. Why am I not shocked?? It's too bad for Ricky and the 'Fins but as a Pats fan,
it's not too bad.....
Just my $0.02,

***""The harm a person can do to themselves is worse than what a hundred strangers can do." - my late grandmother

Ricky you idiot haha.

I hope this isn't true.It probably is ,but until I hear from the Fins or the NFL its only a rumour.I'm a big fan of Ricky(football ricky,not weed ricky).He was really starting to get back into his groove,which would have sucked for us,but nice to see at the same time.

I just got to thinking about this. Why does the NFL care if their players smoke weed? I mean is anyone going to sit here and try to convince me that weed is a performance enhancing drug?

huskeralk said:
I just got to thinking about this. Why does the NFL care if their players smoke weed? I mean is anyone going to sit here and try to convince me that weed is a performance enhancing drug?

That's an interesting point. Marijuana is really no big deal. But if the NFL wants to keep it "banned," players should only be required to undergo testing during the season.

The NFL cares because it is an illegal substance and the image of the NFL is tarnished. If they let weed go, then what next? Coke OK?

This moron knew the rules and he made a decission to break the rules. Simple as that. No crying for Ricky here.

I'd say the same thing if it was Corey.

speed, percocet? dilaudid? oxycontin? novocain?

JoeSixPat said:
The NFL and society are very clear about their rules - only taxable drugs like alcohol, toboacco and those manufactured by drug companies are morally and legally acceptable.

Anything you can grow yourself without having the government tax it is strictly a no-no.

Shame on you Ricky - you were warned.

ricky made some noises about this the last time he was suspended, but the nflpa and the league itself didn't bite.
IMO the league wants to keep players on the field, and players want to play. do you remember the SB Patriots vs Eagles? Terrell Davis came out and made 10 catches? a couple of times the broadcasters opined that Terrell must have had a "medical assist". that was the term they used for his being suufficiently jacked up to ignore the pain.
maybe rickey's member of congress will take it up.
if rickey can't play because he's a pothead, maybe it is time to look at the nfl. all the medications in my title are to be considered a "performance-enhancing drug" because they enable athletes to play when they otherwise could not.
the fact that they are 'administered by licensed physicians' is a joke. these pills are in open bins in the trainer's rooms.
this has gone on for 40-45 years. the incidence of addiction among players remains about the same as that found in the general population. i hate to see ithis happen because i want to see my players on the field. but if rickey can't test positive for pot while his teammates are testing positive for alcohol, opiates, barbituates, and stimulants, maybe it is time to start some b!tch!n@.

big difference!

Patriotic Fervor said:
Terrell Davis???

How about Terrell Owens?
hey, i'm a child of the '60s.
ignatowski lives!

ilduce06410 said:

Just what we need, The government sticking their nose in the NFL. They always make things better.:eek:

PATSNUTme said:
The NFL cares because it is an illegal substance and the image of the NFL is tarnished. If they let weed go, then what next? Coke OK?

This moron knew the rules and he made a decission to break the rules. Simple as that. No crying for Ricky here.

I'd say the same thing if it was Corey.

If not for the testing, nobody would even know that he smoked some weed and nobody would care.

huskeralk said:
If not for the testing, nobody would even know that he smoked some weed and nobody would care.

If is wasn't for cows not having wings, they could fly.

But,there is drug testing. The first team that went under volunteer testing was the New England Patriots. The program was put in by Raymond Berry after the Super Bowl XX incident.

The NFL thought that it's a good idea and the Players Assoc went along with it and made it madatory. Most people do care except maybe Jets fans.

It's patently absurd for the NFL to test for a drug that makes you fat, slow, lazy and hungry, along side testing for the true performance enchancing drugs. The latter is cheating, the former is (or should be) nobody's business.

ilduce06410 said:
ricky made some noises about this the last time he was suspended, but the nflpa and the league itself didn't bite.
IMO the league wants to keep players on the field, and players want to play. do you remember the SB Patriots vs Eagles? Terrell Davis came out and made 10 catches? a couple of times the broadcasters opined that Terrell must have had a "medical assist". that was the term they used for his being suufficiently jacked up to ignore the pain.
if rickey can't play because he's a pothead, maybe it is time to look at the nfl. all the medications in my title are to be considered a "performance-enhancing drug" because they enable athletes to play when they otherwise could not.
the fact that they are 'administered by licensed physicians' is a joke. these pills are in open bins in the trainer's rooms.
this has gone on for 40-45 years. the incidence of addiction among players remains about the same as that found in the general population. i hate to see ithis happen because i want to see my players on the field. but if rickey can't test positive for pot while his teammates are testing positive for alcohol, opiates, barbituates, and stimulants, maybe it is time to start some b!tch!n@.

That's fine - if the NFL is simply concerned about their image they should just say so.

But let's not kid ourselves - this has nothing to do with performance enhancing drugs (and indeed, they might do well to put more emphasis on that over this)

And this has nothing to do with concern over the welfare of players - if it did they would also ban the "taxable" drugs like Alcohol, tobacco,and perscription drugs that wreak more havoc with people's lives than Pot ever did. (and when was the last time you heard about a pot smoker beating his wife into a pulp?)

I'm a big believer that punishments should fit the crime - and I detect a big double standard over Pot in the NFL and in society in general.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
If is wasn't for cows not having wings, they could fly.

But,there is drug testing. The first team that went under volunteer testing was the New England Patriots. The program was put in by Raymond Berry after the Super Bowl XX incident.

The NFL thought that it's a good idea and the Players Assoc went along with it and made it madatory. Most people do care except maybe Jets fans.

I've never really bought this. How do you know most people care if a player takes a non-performance-enhancing drug? Why would they care?

It really is staggering, as an earlier poster pointed out, that people think the 'image of the NFL is tarnished' by a guy smoking a bit of weed, while everybody turns a blind eye to the painkiller dependencies and the bodies mangled by playing over and over again with shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft