PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richardson guarantees jets victory over the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only difference is that Richardson said it to the media while the Pats players say it amongst themselves.
Don't you think that's an important distinction? ;)

Don't you think that's an important distinction? ;)

Not really. The Jets aren't the Patriots. The Jets aren't coached to not say these things to the media. The Jets also haven't sniffed a Super Bowl since the Boeing 747 made it's maiden flight. Either way, I don't have a problem with him expressing confidence.

Or maybe.. Pats Fans will discuss whateverTF they want on PatsFans.com.

Of course. Why wouldn't you? I'd be disappointed if ya didn't. I meant I wasn't going to continue going back-n-forth over something this dumb.

Of course. Why wouldn't you? I'd be disappointed if ya didn't. I meant I wasn't going to continue going back-n-forth over something this dumb.
The fact you've posted nine times in this thread indicates otherwise.

The fact you've posted nine times in this thread indicates otherwise.

I'll post here discussing with people all day. It's the dumbass topic of Sheldon guaranteeing a win combined with you that I won't reply to anymore. That dead horse has been beaten to a pulp already and it's useless discussing further.

Anyone else posting on the topic I could reply to. Or have other discussions with you not regarding Sheldon's comments.

Yeah, that makes sense right? Cheers!

I'll post here discussing with people all day. It's the dumbass topic of Sheldon guaranteeing a win combined with you that I won't reply to anymore. That dead horse has been beaten to a pulp already and it's useless discussing further.

Anyone else posing on the topic I could reply to. Or have other discussions with you not regarding Sheldon's comments.

Yeah, that makes sense right? Cheers!
If your Green Beans lose Sunday, will you be back? We know you'll be back of they win. (This isn't an invitation, just curious.)

If your Green Beans lose Sunday, will you be back? We know you'll be back of they win. (This isn't an invitation, just curious.)

Of course. I enjoy the majority of discussions here and as I've mentioned before, appreciate a damn good team in the Pats.

If I'm wrong on my prediction of a 31 - 20 Jets win, so be it. It is just one regular season game. It won't make or break either team's season. No worries, I'll take any flak coming my way if needed Sunday night or Monday.

Last edited:
This forum really must miss Ryan. Because some of you are really, REALLY reaching on this.

I don't think it's as much what was said as who said it. Richardson, on top of being a dope, hasn't come after the Pats or Brady much.

If I'm wrong on my prediction of a 31 - 20 Jets win, so be it. It is just one regular season game. It won't make or break either team's season. No worries, I'll take any flak coming my way if needed Sunday night or Monday.

Bon apetit.

iStock_000014734522XSmall-300x199-1.jpg

SO BEE IT!

the-bees-cover1-e1397668841339.jpg

He was quoted directly. What he said was the same as a guarantee, he just didn't use the words "I guarantee."
So...if he didn't say the word guarantee, then a 'quote' using that word is not a direct quote.

Not really. The Jets aren't the Patriots. The Jets aren't coached to not say these things to the media. The Jets also haven't sniffed a Super Bowl since the Boeing 747 made it's maiden flight. Either way, I don't have a problem with him expressing confidence.
Maybe since the 707 made it's maiden flight!

Not the first time Richardson exercized poor judgement.

Awww, you seem quite perturbed. Listen man, have fun with it and believe what ya like. If it makes ya feel better to read it that way, cool, I'm happy for you. Maybe it gives the Pats a great advantage this game and makes the Jets stupid clowns. I don't think so. Many here don't. And from what I hear, many writers and talk radio personalities in the NE area think it was taken out of context too. If ya feel the need to continue on this topic, cheers and have at it. You're on your own though.

Anything else you'd like to discuss?
Yeah. The Jests* have this penchant for sneaking defeat from the jaws of victory. :D

So, after you now made those distinctions, to quote Tunescribe's question again to you : "Don't you think that's an important distinction? ;)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST