PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Seymour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys are way off the mark here. "Above average DE"?! No, Seymour is still a monster. He had a number of injuries this year that probably would've kept him out of many games if he weren't so damn important to our defense. There was the big elbow injury, a knee injury, and then some ankle injuries as well. Despite all that, he still had a pretty good season. The guy is a force to be reckoned with.

As for Warren, I believe that he was pro-bowl worthy this year, but you can't tell me that he doesn't benefit playing opposite of Seymour on the line. Which player do you think opposing offenses focus more on neutralizing? I guarantee its Seymour, injuries and all.

Warren had a great year and Wilfork is much better this year.

Why people have to find someone to tear down baffles me.

Yeah, Dillon and Sey are real slackers.:rolleyes:

The Pats. Sorry I forgot to jerk off each player today. Every player and team has flaws. Seymour is a good player, but he doesn't make that great of an impact. Yes, he is a great run stopper, but he is way to inconsistant against the pass. Ty Warren should have made pro bowl over Seymour. He was overrated this year. Sorry I don't think every Pats player is elite because they aren't.

It's true that whenever it's time for Seymour to pursue the QB, he usually looks silly and never tracks him down. His game is run D, and pass rush pressure without the athletic finish.

Some of you guys are way off the mark here. "Above average DE"?! No, Seymour is still a monster. He had a number of injuries this year that probably would've kept him out of many games if he weren't so damn important to our defense. There was the big elbow injury, a knee injury, and then some ankle injuries as well. Despite all that, he still had a pretty good season. The guy is a force to be reckoned with.

As for Warren, I believe that he was pro-bowl worthy this year, but you can't tell me that he doesn't benefit playing opposite of Seymour on the line. Which player do you think opposing offenses focus more on neutralizing? I guarantee its Seymour, injuries and all.

It is fair to question Seymour (and every other player and coach) but I agree with Salty. Seymour was banged up most of the year and played below the level we have come to expect but there is a reason that all teams, coaches and scouts rate him among the elite players in the league. There are simply not very many 6'6, 315 players that have the athetism and attitude of Seymour.

Bottom line, in a list of offseason questions or concerns Seymour has to be near the bottom of the priorities.

I think the fianl assessment is Seymour should be back with a vengance next year when he's healed up. Hopefully they can pair him up with a consistent outside lb he can get some chemistry with.

He is a solid player, and he was good enough to get to the probowl. Also he is modest, and the type of player Belichick wants on the team.

I think the fianl assessment is Seymour should be back with a vengance next year when he's healed up. Hopefully they can pair him up with a consistent outside lb he can get some chemistry with.

I completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes