PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Seymour: "You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 2009."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Richard Seymour: "You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 20

i know its funny, but when i read that i honestly started thinking about whether next year was 2009 or if this year was 2009.

The Raiders are so bad they made me forget what year it was.

Re: Richard Seymour: You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 200

10-6 can usually make the playoffs.
Not usually it doesn't.

Only if you are in a weak division. 10-6 rarely makes wild card, but there is usually one division so bad that 9-7 or 10-6 team will win the division.

I don't think that will happen with Oakland. The Broncos are already 6-0 and the odds off them going 4-6 the rest of the way isn't too good.

So they need a wild card berth, which means the second best record of the 12 teams not division winners. Just don't see it.

Re: Richard Seymour: "You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 20

Playing for Oakland has apparently driven Sey to drink....they have virtually no shot. Someone needs to remind Sey that despite how good the D plays, Jamarcus is still their QB.

he's showing some moxy.
He should pull his pants up then.

Re: Richard Seymour: You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 200

Not usually it doesn't.

Only if you are in a weak division. 10-6 rarely makes wild card, but there is usually one division so bad that 9-7 or 10-6 team will win the division.

I don't think that will happen with Oakland. The Broncos are already 6-0 and the odds off them going 4-6 the rest of the way isn't too good.

So they need a wild card berth, which means the second best record of the 12 teams not division winners. Just don't see it.

The following teams made it to the playoffs as wildcards:
2008 Eagles: 9-6-1
2007 Giants: 10-6
2007 Redskins: 9-7
2007 Titans: 10-6
2006 Jets: 10-6
2006 Chiefs: 9-7
2006 Cowboys: 9-7
2006 Giants: 8-8
2005 Redskins: 10-6
2004 Jets: 10-6
2004 Broncos: 10-6
2004 Rams: 8-8
2004 Vikings: 8-8
2003 Broncos: 10-6
2003 Seahawks: 10-6
2003 Cowboys: 10-6
2002 Colts: 10-6
2002 Browns: 9-7
2002 Giants: 10-6
2002 Falcons: 9-6-1

Since the league shifted to the 8-division format, 20 of a possible 28 wildcards have gone to teams with records of 10-6 or worse (that's over 70%). Dunno how you managed to come to the conclusion that "10-6 rarely makes wild card".

Last edited:

Unless Seymour plans on playing QB he is sadly mistaken. I don't think Belichick or McDaniels together could make a QB out of JR.

I'm rooting for them vs. the Jest*

I would love for the Raiders to beat the Jets this weekend for the simple fact that it will drop New York with Tubby Wrecks and the Sanchize to a record of 3 and 4. The mass hysteria that would break out would be unparalleled.

i know its funny, but when i read that i honestly started thinking about whether next year was 2009 or if this year was 2009.

The Raiders are so bad they made me forget what year it was.

Keegs, where the hell you been. This place could use a sense of humor...

My guess is he's been playing poker in Denver ... ;)

I'm rooting for them vs. the Jest*

I'm picking them to win that game.

As for Keegs posting more often, I could definitely agree to that stance.

Hey atleast he's being positive and trying to combat the shi++yness of that franchise

didn't bother to read any posts in this thread....but I hope the Raiders do make the playoffs....it will give them a more difficult schedule in 2011.

i got a real job now so i have no time. These morons actually send me on airplanes to places by myself to do work. what fools.

i can no longer sit at work, do nothing, and just post on here. which sucks.

i act like a 5 year old at work, i just dont do it online. but it's still there.

i got a real job now so i have no time. These morons actually send me on airplanes to places by myself to do work. what fools.

i can no longer sit at work, do nothing, and just post on here. which sucks.

i act like a 5 year old at work, i just dont do it online. but it's still there.

You work for the Super Adventure Club? :cool:

300px-1001clubinterior.jpg

i hate to say it but oakland has more talent on D then the pats do

and they have 2 fast WR and 3 good RB and a good TE if they went with jeff garcia at QB maybe they could have won 9 or 10 gams and got a wild card spot

I just want the Raiders to stay ahead of KC this year. Their 2010 schedule will be more difficult with Balt/Cincy and Miami/Jets than with the Browns and Bills.

If they can even stay in the playoff conversation this year, that will be great. Gets them lower 2010 draft picks.

So we all should be huge Raider fans this year since success this year makes their 2010 season more difficult. And if they happen to beat up Wrecks and the San-grenade on Sunday, all the better.

Word...

Not only will a more confident Faiders give the JEST a better game than if they had lost to Philly, but a borderline-contending Faiders will likely mean that Crazy Uncle Al will keep the incompetent goon Cable next season, when a more difficult schedule should solidify our chances of a top-10 pick in the '11 draft.

I would say that the Raiders actually have a pretty good defense, and on days when they accidentally score more than 10 points, they have a real chance of winning. A change at QB would work wonders for them.

That's a pretty bold prediction. Especially since this season's playoffs don't start until 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back