PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Seymour: "You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 2009."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Richard Seymour: You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 200

Since the league shifted to the 8-division format, 20 of a possible 28 wildcards have gone to teams with records of 10-6 or worse (that's over 70%). Dunno how you managed to come to the conclusion that "10-6 rarely makes wild card".

Conversely, only 4 teams over those 7 years missed the playoffs with a 10-6 or better record:
- 2008 Pats
- 2007 Browns
- 2005 Chiefs
- 2003 Fins

Only the 2005 Chiefs missed the playoffs cleanly (NOT through a tie-breaker). I think this perception comes from the Pats missing with an 11-5 record. I don't think people realize how completely fluky that year was. In fact, only a handful of completely plausible events separated the Pats from missing the playoffs while being tied for the best record in the NFL!!!

While it generally doesn't let you control your destiny, 10 wins is still the magic number. Can the Raiders make it to 10?

Jets
@SD
KC
Cincy
@Dallas
@Pitt
Wash
@Denver
@Cleveland
Baltimore

Don't think so. 8 wins looks like the ceiling. Guess I'll have to settle for the Raiders in 3rd place in the AFC West.

Re: Richard Seymour: "You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 20

If a player pumping up his team in this manner is news, it must be a slow week.

Re: Richard Seymour: "You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 20

I think Raiders can beat KC, Wash and Browns

You know something?

As someone who is completely thrilled with the trade the Pats made in getting a first rounder for a team that will probably yield a top 10 pick in 2011 for us, I say:

Good for Seymour! That's the right attitude.

What does everyone here want him to do? Keep his head down and his mouth shut and not provide any bravado for a demoralized team?

The Raiders have practically no shot. Why not throw a smokebomb and see how the reactions go with the players. Why not a rallying cry??? Nothing else there is working.

Good for Big Sey - - he's showing some moxy.

well said

You know something?

As someone who is completely thrilled with the trade the Pats made in getting a first rounder for a team that will probably yield a top 10 pick in 2011 for us, I say:

Good for Seymour! That's the right attitude.

What does everyone here want him to do? Keep his head down and his mouth shut and not provide any bravado for a demoralized team?

The Raiders have practically no shot. Why not throw a smokebomb and see how the reactions go with the players. Why not a rallying cry??? Nothing else there is working.

Good for Big Sey - - he's showing some moxy.

I gotta agree with you here....

Assuming they beat the bottom feeding teams of KC, Wash, Cleveland.....to make the playoffs they need to take 5 out of 7 from Baltimore, Denver, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Cinci, Chargers, Jets.
- Dallas and the Chargers are ripe for being beat.
- Jets are shaky right now.

Hey! 2 out of 4 wins from the remaining games and.....???

Seriously, as a Bay Area resident (temporarily calling Hawaii home) having seen some Raider games, I think they could be a contender if they just simply get actual NFL QB level of play. Maybe Seymour channeled Tom Brady to Jamarcus just before doing the interview and making this bold prediction.......

If a player pumping up his team in this manner is news, it must be a slow week.

If a GOOD team is getting pumped up, oh well. But c'mon man this is comedy friggin gold. I can't believe he'd be stupid enough to say that.

Say what you will in the locker room I say. I know people are going to say well what do you want him to say? I just wouldn't go public with my delusional comments.

Assuming they beat the bottom feeding teams of KC, Wash, Cleveland.....to make the playoffs they need to take 5 out of 7 from Baltimore, Denver, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Cinci, Chargers, Jets.
- Dallas and the Chargers are ripe for being beat.
- Jets are shaky right now.

Hey! 2 out of 4 wins from the remaining games and.....???

Seriously, as a Bay Area resident (temporarily calling Hawaii home) having seen some Raider games, I think they could be a contender if they just simply get actual NFL QB level of play. Maybe Seymour channeled Tom Brady to Jamarcus just before doing the interview and making this bold prediction.......

That's the problem They won against Philly because the Eagles just looked awful. You cannot win enough to get to the playoffs with a QB as bad as Russell. No way no how.

When you look at the game against Philly, the Raiders shut them down ebcause their OL couldn't handle Seymour and co. Again, how many times has that happened for the Raiders and how often will it continue?

Anyway, this is a moot point it simply wont happen.

No wonder we traded Sey. :D

there is someone more delusional than al davis in oakland

I'd like to see them get to the playoffs and end up losing to the Pats :D

We should expect the mega contract extension any minute. He will need the money to buy his teammates tickets to a playoff game and Al Davis loves anyone as delusional as he is.

We should expect the mega contract extension any minute. He will need the money to buy his teammates tickets to a playoff game and Al Davis loves anyone as delusional as he is.

"See that Big Al......We're going to the playoffs, everyone hop on my back"

"Hey Sey, I think you need a hefty raise and a contract extension....hows 5 years @ 10 each sound" :eek:

If a GOOD team is getting pumped up, oh well. But c'mon man this is comedy friggin gold. I can't believe he'd be stupid enough to say that.

Say what you will in the locker room I say. I know people are going to say well what do you want him to say? I just wouldn't go public with my delusional comments.

Oh, ok, so if BionicPatriot thinks that a team is bad then its players should just pack up and call it a season? Face it, no matter what Seymour said (or didn't say), he'd get hammered by most of this board. If he said "we're ****ed", then he'd be a naysayer and a crappy teammate. If he said nothing, you guys would be saying "see, he's not a leader. That's why we traded him." If he actually steps up and rallies his team, he's delusional.

I'd like to see them get to the playoffs and end up losing to the Pats :D

You've misunderstood. Seymour specifically said they'd be in the Playoffs in 2009. This seasons' playoffs don't start until 2010.

He's clearly suggesting they some how travel back in time to last season, alter history and make the playoffs in 2009.

It sounds far fetched but that's MUCH more plausible than making the playoffs that start in January 2010!

I mean seriously???? Playoffs???? playoffffs?? playofffsss????

If Oakland makes the playoffs in 2009, I will personally run naked in downtown Montreal and than Youtube it.

Last edited:

If Oakland makes the playoffs in 2009, I will personally run naked in downtown Montreal and than Youtube it.

if oakland make's the playoffs remind me not to go on youtube that day lol

You've misunderstood. Seymour specifically said they'd be in the Playoffs in 2009. This seasons' playoffs don't start until 2010.

He's clearly suggesting they some how travel back in time to last season, alter history and make the playoffs in 2009.

It sounds far fetched but that's MUCH more plausible than making the playoffs that start in January 2010!

It's pretty obvious what he meant...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back