Welcome to PatsFans.com

Richard Seymour: "You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 2009."

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Disco Volante, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Re: Richard Seymour: You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 200

Well, it is legal in Cali to use marajuana for medicinal purposes. Maybe Sey must have been in treatment when he offered up this little quatrain.
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Re: Richard Seymour: You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 200

Lol, poor guy.
  4. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Aren't they 2-4? They're gonna pretty much need to win every single one of their remaining games to have a shot at the wildcard, or beating out Denver.
  5. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0

Posters and mediots seem to have nothing to write about on this slow news day.
    =============================
    It seems lame to make fun of a player who thinks his team will be in the playoffs when his team is currently ONE game out of being tied for a playoff spot.

If Seymour said that his team had no chance of getting to the playoffs, then he would be criticized for giving up on the season.
    ===============================
  6. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

The first step is beating the Jest this Sunday.:D
  7. muzz

muzz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Trying to convince himself that he isn't just gonna ask for a ton of $ and be on a ROTTEN team......

Noone is listening Sey, we KNOW that to you the $ is more important then winning, so put the pipe down and just admit that you are taking the $ to stay in that wretched franchise instead of making it look like you really care at this point. :p
  8. xmarkd400x

xmarkd400x Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My questions is: "Which playoffs?".

Are they talking about the fantasy football league that they all participate in?
  9. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Re: Richard Seymour: "You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 20

Beating the Eagles made them delusional
  10. Lampshade

Lampshade Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Re: Richard Seymour: "You can mark it down, the Raiders will be in the playoffs in 20

I can't get the clip to load. Is it clear he's talking about this season?
  11. xmarkd400x

xmarkd400x Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

10-6 can usually make the playoffs. That would mean 8-2 for the rest of the way, which I don't think that Raiders team has the talent to do.
  12. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Yea, all that misinformation, disinformation, rumors, and anticipation for nothing yesterday was certainly exciting.:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  13. muzz

muzz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess he forgot who the QB is...either that or he's puffing on Al's pipe and is suddenly buying the "he's a great player..get over it" speil....
  14. Bledsoe11

Bledsoe11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, what do you expect him to say, "we're horrible and we'll be lucky to win another game." I don't understand why this is worth a thread?
  15. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Insert Jim Mora's youtube "Playoffs???????????" rant here.
  16. lurker1965

lurker1965 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

It is mathematically possible.

News Flash: Player thinks his team has chance!
  17. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I hooked it up to the "worth thread meter" and it did just barely pass the red line.;)
  18. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

Good for Sey making the best of his situation. Beat the Jets.
  19. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +92 / 1 / -2

#24 Jersey

Not for long. I heard they're bringing Garcia back and transitioning to the 3-4 with Seymour at DE and Jamarcus at Nose Tackle. :cool:
  20. patriots pam

patriots pam Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe they're gonna take that new guy off ST and put him in at QB. Can't hurt, right? What's his name again? Oh, yeah...Pigeon. :D

Oakland Raiders Pigeon

But really, Big Sey is being positive about his new team and more power to him, I say! Best of luck to you, Richard!
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  21. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Stranger things have happened, sure. If they beat the Jets, it won't be quite the longshot that it seems like it should be. Still, I don't buy it. JaMarcus Russell murders that team.
  22. aurakilla

aurakilla Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

well lets hope they do this year so they get a lower draft pick this year and do worse next year.
  23. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
  24. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +92 / 1 / -2

#24 Jersey

You're forgetting that the Raiders have owned the Jest over the years. It doesn't matter how bad the Raiders are and how good the Jets are, that will always be a tough game for New York. I hope Seymour turns Sanchez into a grease spot on the turf. Oh wait, he can't do that. Sanchez is ALREADY a grease spot on the turf. Let me rephrase that then: I hope Seymour turns Sanchez into a grease spot lying on his back on the turf.
  25. Its_The_Patriots

Its_The_Patriots Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't ever remember Richard talking like this while he was with the Pats, or did he? With Belichick it always one game at a time.

Oh well, if the Raiders can play like they did against a team that was favored to beat them last Sunday, anything is possible. I do wish him the best.
  26. rabthepat

rabthepat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Al Davis must have slipped him a $100 bill to say that.
  27. vuudu

vuudu Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In saying this, watch him get hurt in the next game.
  28. QuinielaBox

QuinielaBox Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is the coach smart enough to make a change at QB?

Can the OL block for Darren McFadden?

The defense is pretty good and I like their chances against the AOG's (Airplane On Ground) with that rookie QB this weekend.

Given the struggles of the Chargers, Ravens, and other 2nd tier AFC teams a lot of teams have a chance to slide into the 5th and 6th seeds this year. I bet you a 9 and 7 team gets into the post season tournament this year as an AFC WC.
  29. Metaphors

Metaphors Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I just want the Raiders to stay ahead of KC this year. Their 2010 schedule will be more difficult with Balt/Cincy and Miami/Jets than with the Browns and Bills.

If they can even stay in the playoff conversation this year, that will be great. Gets them lower 2010 draft picks.

So we all should be huge Raider fans this year since success this year makes their 2010 season more difficult. And if they happen to beat up Wrecks and the San-grenade on Sunday, all the better.
  30. Dragda

Dragda Yes, it's really me... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

Sapp said recently on one of the talking head shows that the Raiders are awful when they have success and don't play well with confidence. Looks like if Sapp is right that their confidence is bubbling over. Welcome to the 2010 NFL Draft. The Raiders are on the clock.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.