PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex to BB: "You're getting my very best"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whisennhut is not a better coach than Rex. It's honestly not even close. Rex Ryan will unleash his wrath, when he ends up with Atlanta next season. He can't develop an offense or QB, but if you give him a veteran QB and a good offense he'll win,
Whisenhunt went to a SB in Arizona and was 45-51. Rex Ryan is 45-49 with the Jets.
Whisenhunt took over a team that had lost double digit games 5 straight years. Ryan took over a team that was in the playoff hunt more often than not.
Whisenhunt is not a great coach, but you are acting like Rex Ryan doesn't suck, and hasn't destroyed the Jets franchise.

How can you say Rex ruined Geno? Geno Smith's footwork is to terrible, he can't take snaps under center.

Rex decided to play Geno long before he was ready. He gets full blame for that decision.

Rex decided to play Geno long before he was ready. He gets full blame for that decision.
For a comparision, in 2001 when Tom Brady took over as the starting QB of the Patriots, he had a meeting and film review session every single day with................Bill Belichick.

Whisenhunt went to a SB in Arizona and was 45-51. Rex Ryan is 45-49 with the Jets.
Whisenhunt took over a team that had lost double digit games 5 straight years. Ryan took over a team that was in the playoff hunt more often than not.
Whisenhunt is not a great coach, but you are acting like Rex Ryan doesn't suck, and hasn't destroyed the Jets franchise.
Whisenhunt coached Fitzgerald, Kurt Warner, and Boldiin to a SB!

I'm so impressed. Rex is a medicore coach, and he hasn't "ruined" the Jets.

You know who has? Woody Johnson! I'm not a Rex fan, this team has been poorly coach this season, but there's no way in hell Whisennhut is bettervthan Rex.

I haven't read this thread, but I would think every coach wants to give his best every week.

I'm not so sure that's true. The impression I got was that he wanted to play Sanchez because it gave him a better chance to win, but Idzyk wanted Geno.

Whisenhunt coached Fitzgerald, Kurt Warner, and Boldiin to a SB!

I'm so impressed. Rex is a medicore coach, and he hasn't "ruined" the Jets.

You know who has? Woody Johnson! I'm not a Rex fan, this team has been poorly coach this season, but there's no way in hell Whisennhut is bettervthan Rex.
Whisenhunt took a team that lost 10+ games 5 straight years and had them in the SB 2 years later. Of course you show your lack of knowledge by reducing that team to 3 players.
Under Rex Ryan the Jets were OK for the first 2 years, and have deteriorated consistently since.
Woody Johnson isn't coaching the team, it is simply and excuse for Rex Ryan's failure.
Interestingly we are now quibbling over whether Ryan is in the bottom 3 or bottom 4 of all AFC coaches.

In games like this I always enjoying the clock management of the Pats vs. any second rate team.. this is an oft overlooked strength of this team.

While I agree that Ryan completely fails to RESPECT THE CLOCK the last minutes of the half by the 2014 NEP have been uncharacteristically horrific the last several weeks.

Whisenhunt took a team that lost 10+ games 5 straight years and had them in the SB 2 years later. Of course you show your lack of knowledge by reducing that team to 3 players.
Under Rex Ryan the Jets were OK for the first 2 years, and have deteriorated consistently since.
Woody Johnson isn't coaching the team, it is simply and excuse for Rex Ryan's failure.
Interestingly we are now quibbling over whether Ryan is in the bottom 3 or bottom 4 of all AFC coaches.
Whisenhut took a future halo of famer to the SB. Rex Ryan has suceeded in the past, with below average Quarterback. Whisenhut is NOT a better coach than Rex, and stop usingnhis lone SB appearance to bolster your arguement. He HAD a future HOF WR and QB.

Dude.

I'm actually a big Fan of Rex Ryan, and've defended'm here repeatedly...But are you kidding me??
jester.gif
Atlanta has a good Quarterback, and lethal offensive weapons. Jake Matthews will be better next year, and Sam Fisher will be back. I expect ATL to add a Guard or two via the draft /FA. Rex Ryan will not have to develop any offensive talent. Second, he'll get the opportunity to work with one of the best Corners in the game in Desmond Trufant, and continue to develop talent on the DL. If Atlanta hires Rex Ryan, they'll run the NFC South for the next three years.

Atlanta has a good Quarterback, and lethal offensive weapons. Jake Matthews will be better next year, and Sam Fisher will be back. I expect ATL to add a Guard or two via the draft /FA. Rex Ryan will not have to develop any offensive talent. Second, he'll get the opportunity to work with one of the best Corners in the game in Desmond Trufant, and continue to develop talent on the DL. If Atlanta hires Rex Ryan, they'll run the NFC South for the next three years.

Does this mean you will become an Atlanta fan and finally leave us alone? (Please?)

waste of paper...this west virginny green ninny can't read more than two words a minute

Whisenhut took a future halo of famer to the SB. Rex Ryan has suceeded in the past, with below average Quarterback. Whisenhut is NOT a better coach than Rex, and stop usingnhis lone SB appearance to bolster your arguement. He HAD a future HOF WR and QB.
He accomplished more than Ryan. Ryan is an abject failure. Whisenhunt has not been a good coach but Ryan has been worse.

I love the fact Rex wasn't fired 4 years ago and was forced to play out his super thin top heavy and roll the dice roster construction strategy when it finally went sideways and bit him in the ass. And by sideways I mean he just wasn't extraordinary lucky like years 1 & 2 and hit with only hmmm say 15% the normal amount of man-games lost to injuries that plague most teams every year.

So how has it gone RR ...? "We're gonna get those rings", "This is the year we get the rings", "I guarantee the rings this season", "Well I won't promise you rings, but were gonna bring it", "You'll get our best", to finally "Wow that BB sure has a nice set of rings"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST