PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: Manning prepares more than Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
First it's Suggs now Ryan, what's with the infatuation with our Tommy?:rolleyes:

That is even worse. Not as a knock towards Brady, but to Jim Caldwell and his staff. He is basically indicating that Caldwell isn't good enough to breakdown film at Belichick's, Manning's, or Brady's level. So instead of a backhand swipe at Brady, it is a backhand swipe at Caldwell.

I'm not sure I agree that Rex is smart enough to criticize Caldwell in such an oblique way. What I do expect is for Brady, publicly at least, to turn this into "of course I learn a lot from Belichick. He's the best coach in the history of the league. There's no coach I'd rather play for."

That is even worse. Not as a knock towards Brady, but to Jim Caldwell and his staff. He is basically indicating that Caldwell isn't good enough to breakdown film at Belichick's, Manning's, or Brady's level. So instead of a backhand swipe at Brady, it is a backhand swipe at Caldwell.

That is how I interpreted it as well.

Meanwhile, watching the Colts this year, it seems that their playbook was taken right from Techmo Bowl. They have like four plays.

1. Quick slant to Wayne.
2. Screen pass to Brown/Addai.
3. Sideline out to Garcon.
4. Laser pass to Collie that leads him into four full-speed, full-impact defenders.

It kind of reminds me of the Patriots playbook against the Ravens last year, but they've had more time to improve.

That is how I interpreted it as well.

Meanwhile, watching the Colts this year, it seems that their playbook was taken right from Techmo Bowl. They have like four plays.

1. Quick slant to Wayne.
2. Screen pass to Brown/Addai.
3. Sideline out to Garcon.
4. Laser pass to Collie that leads him into four full-speed, full-impact defenders.

It kind of reminds me of the Patriots playbook against the Ravens last year, but they've had more time to improve.

The Colts never really had an expansive playbook. The one drawback of consistently doing a no huddle offense, you gotta pair down the playbook. There are only so many plays you can be calling at the line of scrimmage outside the huddle. You can't be calling out full plays (most plays names are multipart with formation, routes, and other information as part of the play name) and are probably calling out number of plays.

At this point, the Jets are making it really hard for me to stomach hoping they can knock out the Colts.

I suppose I'll root for the team buses colliding while driving into the stadium on Sunday. A shade more realistic than the asteroid we've been hoping for.

Last edited:
In psychoanalytical terms.. "tommy envy" or "tommy obsessive compulsion"

It's worth mentioning that even his analysis that Belichick helps Brady out more than Manning is aided by his coaches is probably off the mark. How often do we see Belichick and Brady even discussing things on the sideline?

I'd say Belichick spends most of his energy on the defensive side of the ball on Sunday. Based on what I've seen from training camp, this is the case during practice, as well.

How does Rex know what Brady does or doesn't do?

First it's Suggs now Ryan, what's with the infatuation with our Tommy?:rolleyes:

He's the best dressed, the best looking, with long limousines, jet airplanes, custom made clothes, the hottest woman in the world...and he's the best quarterback in the NFL today! And when Tom ******* Brady's in town, things are takin' place. Wooo!

[/ric flair]

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean it's normally a good idea to give Brady some motivation right?

Dumbass

The Colts never really had an expansive playbook. The one drawback of consistently doing a no huddle offense, you gotta pair down the playbook. There are only so many plays you can be calling at the line of scrimmage outside the huddle. You can't be calling out full plays (most plays names are multipart with formation, routes, and other information as part of the play name) and are probably calling out number of plays.

Thats why the Pats will never have Brady call the plays like Manning, they do too many plays and substitutions and have a coach on the sideline directing traffic for players entering and exiting the field, too much for the QB to handle. they have a whole different offensive system.

For awhile i thought Jabba was trying to play some sort of psychological game with Brady, now io just think hes a moronic dumbass.

Last edited:
I've never really been that impressed with Manning and his play changing at the line. Even before I lived for the Pats, it just seemed like a charade. Basically it seems like it takes Manning two tries to get the right play, what they call in the huddle is usually wrong and he has to fix it.

I find it hard to fault Brady that their playcalling is usually effective and doesn't need to be tampered with at the LOS

Thats why the Pats will never have Brady call the plays like Manning, they do too many plays and substitutions and have a coach on the sideline directing traffic for players entering and exiting the field, too much for the QB to handle. they have a whole different offensive system.

Yeah, it honestly doesn't work comparing the 2 systems. The only time you'll see brady call audibles are when he sees extremely mismatched situations, like a LB on hernandez split wide, or his QB sneak (vs pitt i think when he saw noone on center?). Manning runs no huddle 24/7, brady/pats only do it to change the tempo and keep a defense from being able to sub when they find a personel package they can abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News