PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: Manning prepares more than Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
God he's an idiot, you know Brady is going to here of this. He think his team will get past Indy, dissing TFB is not a wise move when you have to go into our place.

Am i missing something? Does specialize in offense?

I find it funny people knock brady for having bill, but fail to realize peyton manning has had TOM MOORE for his whole career.

Tom moore does not get the credit he deserves, while imo bill gets too much credit for Tom brady's.

Maybe that means Manning will put up 50 on the Jets, while throwing for 400 yards and 5 TDs. I sure hope he does, now.

Of course BB helps Brady, he's known for being an offensive genius. :rolleyes:

I'm not getting the same takeaway from these quotes that everyone else is. IMHO, all Ryan was saying was that Brady benefits from having Belichick as a coach and what Manning has done were things he had to do on his own. Call me crazy, but I don't really think that is the most outrageous, egregious thing to say.

When I read the quotes, and ignored the way people were trying to tell me to interpret it, I saw it more as a slam of Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell than of Tom Brady.

Last edited:
Rex Ryan. The gift that keeps on giving.

I'm not getting the same takeaway from these quotes that everyone else is. IMHO, all Ryan was saying was that Brady benefits from having Belichick as a coach and what Manning has done were things he had to do on his own. Call me crazy, but I don't really think that is the most outrageous, egregious thing to say.

When I read the quotes, and ignored the way people were trying to tell me to interpret it, I saw it more as a slam of Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell than of Tom Brady.

Oh, come on. Why is he even bringing up Brady's name at all. They are not playing the Patriots this week. Fact is, Brady is going to use this as extra motivation. Ryan is an idiot.

Am i missing something? Does specialize in offense?

I find it funny people knock brady for having bill, but fail to realize peyton manning has had TOM MOORE for his whole career.

Tom moore does not get the credit he deserves, while imo bill gets too much credit for Tom brady's.
Yeah, and don't forget that Manning's also had Tony Dungy, another hall of fame coach, and Bill Polian, a hall of fame GM, running his franchise. But hey, that couldn't possibly help Peyton right? All those offensive stars like Reggie Wayne, Clark, Edge, Marshall Faulk, had their careers made solely by Peyton manning.

Oh, come on. Why is he even bringing up Brady's name at all. They are not playing the Patriots this week. Fact is, Brady is going to use this as extra motivation. Ryan is an idiot.
If you think Tom Brady needs extra motivation to go out and win playoff games and potentially another Super Bowl, then it's clear you don't really understand how the guy operates.

I mean, what do you think Brady does? Do you think he sees a quote like this and says "gee, I wasn't really motivated before, but now I am! I didn't really care about winning until Rex Ryan said Peyton Manning worked harder!"

Last edited:

:confused:

"There's nobody like this guy in the league," Ryan said of Manning. "Nobody studies like him. I know Brady thinks he does.

I'm not saying that Ryan is wrong with what he's praising Manning for, because I'm not with both players to know exactly what they are doing, but there's a 0% chance that's not a shot at Brady.

Last edited:
you know, these playoffs could end up being amazing

we could have had the colts in a blizzardy gillette stadium much like 04, and completely silcened their offense and their amazing QB

but now i wouldnt also mind having the scumbags from NJ up here, for another blowout win

wont be as much a blowout as our last game, but then again, they would NOT be able to simply chalk that butt whooping up as "just another loss"

it would be THE loss, and it would be at our hands.....too bad they wont make it out of indy alive

I think it was during the Bears game that the announcers said, Brady told them that with one extra day to prepare Brady and Belichick sat down and watched film together for the first time during the season. Seems BB is concentrating on the young D# this season which he would´t be able to do without a great QB like Brady.

Ryan seems like an exhibitionist who will say anything (or put anything on the internet) to get attention not matter how dumb it sounds. I´m starting to feel sorry for his player who have to keep answering questions about all these issues, but then againg they are the Jests and if it takes just a little of their concentration away from the game - well its all good :).

Is it just me, or does Ryan not really insult Caldwell with his talk?

Actually he has really insulted most of the coaches in Manning's Colt career.
I also think I know what he was trying to say about Manning and Brady and it did not come out well. Ryan's public adulation of BB is not fake. He really thinks highly of BB and does want to say that Brady gets help but Manning is coach, OC and QB.

:confused:

I'm not saying that Ryan is wrong with what he's praising Manning for, because I'm not with both players to know exactly what they are doing, but there's a 0% chance that's not a shot at Brady.

He wasn't saying it wasn't a shot at Brady, but more of a shot at Manning's coaches.

If you think Tom Brady needs extra motivation to go out and win playoff games and potentially another Super Bowl, then it's clear you don't really understand how the guy operates.

I mean, what do you think Brady does? Do you think he sees a quote like this and says "gee, I wasn't really motivated before, but now I am! I didn't really care about winning until Rex Ryan said Peyton Manning worked harder!"

WHAT? It's been well-documented that Brady has a huge chip on his shoulder from being a 6th rounder, from being told he wasn't good enough. No,he doesn't need the extra motivation but he'll use it. Ever hear of stories of Michael Jordan inventing opponent transgressions to get even more motivated? and Ryan just hands him this stuff on a silver platter.

Oh, but I'm sure you understand and him so much better. I'm sure he heard about this and said, "You know, that doesn't say so much about me. I just need to put a positive spin on it!" Give me a break. even the ESPN headline reads it as a diss.

Last edited:
How would Ryan know how much either one of these QBs prepares?? Seriously. He's not apart of EITHER team.

Ryan seriously needs to stop sucking on toe jam...

Rex's comments had the bitter Marshall Faulk ring to them. 10 years later and Faulks emotional scars from a superbowl let down can be heard bleeding on national TV under the guise of patriots (hate)analysis.

A jets trip to Gillette will be a nightmare for blowhard Ryan. The path of destruction left by Hurricane Brady in the regular season enters foxboro to alter playoff landscapes next week. No one wants another super bowl more than Brady, who's no way content with his 3 rings or a 4th or 5th "the next ring is my favorite"Tom(scary). Ryan would fair better to recognize a storm than call it a cloudy day before he gets struck by lightning for the 2nd time.

How would Ryan know how much either one of these QBs prepares?? Seriously. He's not apart of EITHER team.

Ryan seriously needs to stop sucking on toe jam...

That's what I was coming into this thread to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News