PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revealing Kris Jenkins interview; lauds Patriots training regimen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes you wonder what kind of trainers Jenkins had in Carolina, doesnt it? That, or possibly they felt that Jenkins needed to add significant upper body strength. Given his position that doesn't make a ton of sense, and everything I know about football training is core, balance, explosion, and full body power in that order. Upper body's just there to look good :)

Last edited:
This thread reminded me of brady bunch episode when Deacon Jones tells Bobby some players do ballet dancing to stay agile.:D

Core execrcises? Wtf is that?

I just hit the chest,biceps and shoulders and i'm buff as a ************. Deff NFL quality talent in terms of physical ability but i like to train UFC more.

Last edited:

I just hit the chest,biceps and shoulders and i'm buff as a ************. Deff NFL quality talent in terms of physical ability but i like to train UFC more.

Doing that is like dropping a slick Corvette body on a rusty used frame.

You need to work on legs, back, hips, etc. If you don't have a solid core, a solid foundation, then all that upper body strength won't last, and it won't have the staying power that a fully-developed body will.

Look at it this way: It's like building a car. What you need, what you absolutely need is a first-class frame, drive train and suspension. THAT is what is most important. All those body styles, interior designs, trim packages? That's for show and comfort. But all of that rests on the frame.

Look to your core first, it is the frame for everything else. If it isn't solid, none of the rest matters.

respects,

The question, then, begs to be asked:

Why does it seem that the Patriots lead the NFL in games lost to injury every year?

Doing that is like dropping a slick Corvette body on a rusty used frame.

You need to work on legs, back, hips, etc. If you don't have a solid core, a solid foundation, then all that upper body strength won't last, and it won't have the staying power that a fully-developed body will.

Look at it this way: It's like building a car. What you need, what you absolutely need is a first-class frame, drive train and suspension. THAT is what is most important. All those body styles, interior designs, trim packages? That's for show and comfort. But all of that rests on the frame.

Look to your core first, it is the frame for everything else. If it isn't solid, none of the rest matters.

respects,

lulz...that was a joke dude.

I thought the i train UFC comment would've made me look like your average ****** from the gym.

Last edited:
lulz...that was a joke dude.

I thought the i train UFC comment would've made me look like your average ****** from the gym.
The dead give away were the tattoos, tracksuit pants and Ed Hardy singlet.

It actually HAS been quantified by proven scientific methods, in numerous clinical trials, and shown time and time again to not work better than placebo.

Sometimes placebos do work very well if accompanied by a good bedside manner and a confidence in a postive outcome. So go right ahead and do acupunture, throw salt over your shoulder, and sacrifice a first born goat. They are equivalently effective.

You are so dead wrong on that. If acupuncture wasn't effective in any way it wouldn't have survived for 5,000 years. That's older than Western medicine.

If you're not being facetious here, you have some important things to learn about acupuncture and Pilates.

I'll say! I had a very painful hip injury; nothing worked till someone sent me to an acupuncturist--about whom I was very dubious. Within two weeks, pain as gone and hip was regaining strength.

I'll say! I had a very painful hip injury; nothing worked till someone sent me to an acupuncturist--about whom I was very dubious. Within two weeks, pain as gone and hip was regaining strength.

consider me a skeptic........I had back spasms for which acupuncture had zero effect.......but 2 days of 800mg motrin had me on my feet again.....PT took over from there

We should doubleteam a chick at the gym together. But secretly, we'll be wishing she wasn't there, so our muscly, oiled, topheavy bodies would be alone together.

PS - On a serious note I do weight-assisted rebounding. I look like a girl doing it but I'm stronger now than when I was just pumping iron and worrying about the glamour areas.

Pretty crazy what these guys put themselves through to give us some entertainment on Sunday afternoons. I hope Kris gets himself healthy and leads a some what normal life.

Well, that and the tens of millions of dollars that Jenkins earned.

We should doubleteam a chick at the gym together. But secretly, we'll be wishing she wasn't there, so our muscly, oiled, topheavy bodies would be alone together

images

Last edited:
I have met many people who have been thru acupuncture and had positive things to say.

Science to me is a study. A study which is performed by someone looking for something. It doesn't mean that the person will find conclusive proof of something. Up till today, scientist still cannot prove gravity. I mean, we all know there is gravity and it's effects but it hasn't been proven as to its cause or essence.

Older guy's perspective here.
Core strength training has been key to my being able to stay reasonably fit for decades. I had a weak lower back when young but strengthened the surrounding muscles and have no back problems or aches and pains decades later. Pilates and other core strength training like aerobic kickboxing for older guys can keep you fit and able to avoid falls or take them w/o injury, I can't emphasize enough how important it is to start and maintain an approach such as advocated here if you want to feel good when older. My only problem is a few LBS around the gut that I'd need more discipline than I have to get rid of it.

It actually HAS been quantified by proven scientific methods, in numerous clinical trials, and shown time and time again to not work better than placebo.

Sometimes placebos do work very well if accompanied by a good bedside manner and a confidence in a postive outcome. So go right ahead and do acupunture, throw salt over your shoulder, and sacrifice a first born goat. They are equivalently effective.

I once took acupuncture treatment for a shoulder problem that wasn't responding to our wonderful scientifically based Western medical treatments. The room was dark and a bit chilly and the old Korean acupuncturist had the bedside manner of a cranky troll. Lo and behold, it worked. If that was "placebo," I'll eat my hat.

I have met many people who have been thru acupuncture and had positive things to say.

Science to me is a study. A study which is performed by someone looking for something. It doesn't mean that the person will find conclusive proof of something. Up till today, scientist still cannot prove gravity. I mean, we all know there is gravity and it's effects but it hasn't been proven as to its cause or essence.

Science tends to be limited by what we already know. Like I said in an earlier post, I have a doctor friend (neurologist) who's as staunch a scientific advocate as you're apt to find, yet he endorses acupuncture. He admits that it's based on a sort of energy medicine that science doesn't yet have the means to identify.

Last edited:
The Chinese they highly believed in acupuncture because it's working very well for them. I watched a very moving piece of documentary called "10,000 Needles." It' about a body builder who got a stroke and his insurance dumped him and so they couldn't afford to get physical therapy at the hospital because it's too expensive.

So his family did some researched on acupuncture and gathered about $20,000 and headed to China. Before the guy got there, he can't moved his arms, legs, and barely speaking. So after he moved to China and did some intense acupuncture for a couple weeks... he able to move his arms, lifted his legs, and speaking... which he couldn't do it here with weeks of physical therapy.

I'll take the Millions of people practicing it for over 2000 years over supposed scientific research set to disprove it any day.

The modern version of acupuncture, with "pressure points" and "meridans", dates to 1957. That date is somewhat easy to remember, since the number 57 is also the current number of controlled clinical trials that demonstrate its ineffectiveness.

Sure there are ancient writings referring to needles used for bloodletting, a practice that did remain mainstream for thousands of years.

history: Science-Based Medicine » Puncturing the Acupuncture Myth

I certainly don't mind it if you use any placebo you like. Just don't make me pay for it or try to describe it as scientifically validated "medicine".

Very nice piece. Kudos to Jenkins for being so upfront with everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore