PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Return of the F-Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe_n99 said:
I think Alstott when I think FB. ..

And that's the problem. A fullback is Fred McCrary, Sam Gash, Lorenzo Neal, Alan Ricard.

A fullback is not these cutesy Rob Konrad, Richie Anderson, Mike Alstott, Patrick Pass types.

Just evolution of offensive terminology some people mourn.

That's a fine line ain't it?

dryheat44 said:
And that's the problem. A fullback is Fred McCrary, Sam Gash, Lorenzo Neal, Alan Ricard.

A fullback is not these cutesy Rob Konrad, Richie Anderson, Mike Alstott, Patrick Pass types.

Just evolution of offensive terminology some people mourn.

I don't know if I would call Alstott cutesy... I would have had him with more in line with Gash and the others... especially earlier in his career when he would just SMASH, but I see the point and get the jist. Thanx.

I would prefer an actual Fullback than a Patrick Pass et al... maybe I am a dinosaur too. Seems to me though, that BB/SP are just as tired of our shortyardarge/RZ problems as I am. TE and FB/whateveryouwanttocallit plus one GIGANTIC ROADGRADER are the solutions. Right? Wrong? I know BB/SP value a player like Pass for versatility, and certainly there is a place for that, but sometimes you just need to get that EXPLETIVE one yard and I think it is worth it to have SOMEONE who is actually capable and/or capable of making the hole. Preferably all of the above. :) Three more downs for Brady, Dillon, Marouney, Branch, Jackson, Watson, Graham seems worth it to give a roster spot for my long awaited SMASHMONSTER!

BelichickFan said:
I'm fine with the H Back thing and Mills being Keith Byars - we shouldn't need Pass' running ability now with Maroney, Dillon and Faulk. Just don't call it a Full Back, I hate the dinoauar pure fullback with a passion. I wonder if Mills can run at all from scrimmage.
Call the position what you wish, but I really love the idea of the Keith Byers, almost single wing type formation in the red zone w/ Mills playing Byers/Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back