PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Return of the F-Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe_n99 said:
I think Alstott when I think FB. ..

And that's the problem. A fullback is Fred McCrary, Sam Gash, Lorenzo Neal, Alan Ricard.

A fullback is not these cutesy Rob Konrad, Richie Anderson, Mike Alstott, Patrick Pass types.

Just evolution of offensive terminology some people mourn.

That's a fine line ain't it?

dryheat44 said:
And that's the problem. A fullback is Fred McCrary, Sam Gash, Lorenzo Neal, Alan Ricard.

A fullback is not these cutesy Rob Konrad, Richie Anderson, Mike Alstott, Patrick Pass types.

Just evolution of offensive terminology some people mourn.

I don't know if I would call Alstott cutesy... I would have had him with more in line with Gash and the others... especially earlier in his career when he would just SMASH, but I see the point and get the jist. Thanx.

I would prefer an actual Fullback than a Patrick Pass et al... maybe I am a dinosaur too. Seems to me though, that BB/SP are just as tired of our shortyardarge/RZ problems as I am. TE and FB/whateveryouwanttocallit plus one GIGANTIC ROADGRADER are the solutions. Right? Wrong? I know BB/SP value a player like Pass for versatility, and certainly there is a place for that, but sometimes you just need to get that EXPLETIVE one yard and I think it is worth it to have SOMEONE who is actually capable and/or capable of making the hole. Preferably all of the above. :) Three more downs for Brady, Dillon, Marouney, Branch, Jackson, Watson, Graham seems worth it to give a roster spot for my long awaited SMASHMONSTER!

BelichickFan said:
I'm fine with the H Back thing and Mills being Keith Byars - we shouldn't need Pass' running ability now with Maroney, Dillon and Faulk. Just don't call it a Full Back, I hate the dinoauar pure fullback with a passion. I wonder if Mills can run at all from scrimmage.
Call the position what you wish, but I really love the idea of the Keith Byers, almost single wing type formation in the red zone w/ Mills playing Byers/Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft