PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Vollmer headed to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never hated Chung and I don't hate Cannon

I was disappointed in Chung as a 2nd round pick and his inconsistencies. Same with Cannon, the only reason I and many others started to scrutinize his play more was because he got a big contract extension and was being relied on to play a very important swing tackle roll for the offense

It's not about hate at all, it's about disappointment
You can't say that's the same for everybody, though.

I combined Vollmer and Solder's injury histories. Apologies. Solder has a much smaller one, obviously. Just that when big men get injured in any load-bearing area, things start to go downhill from there.

So is he officially going to IR or is PUP/Reserve until later in season?

The reporting sucks in this town. I have no idea what the hell is going on.

The reporting sucks in this town. I have no idea what the hell is going on.
Ok, so it wasn't just me being confused. If he's PUP I'll be relieved. Hopefully he can return at some point and help us down the stretch. He's our best OL imo.

I'm assuming PUP, only because why not? Provided that he's eligible for PUP (which he is, unless he practiced and nobody knows about it), there's no good reason to send him directly to IR. Even if there's only a 1% chance he heals at an unexpected pace and is ready later this season, you can always IR him from the PUP.

The Vollmer news sucks hopefully at some point he can return. Lewis at least we have a capable backup in White, ill take a fresh Lewis down the stretch and the playoffs.

Except they told vollmer in november they didn't want to discuss an extension. So they knew back then they were moving on from him in 2017.

You never change. Every year it's the same with you - anyone who criticizes the patriots is wrong.

You clearly don't know wtf you are talking about. I've been critical of the Pats in the past and have not taken issue with plenty of people who have taken issue with the Pats over numerous different things.

YOU are the one who never changes. You make asinine comments and can't be bothered to think beyond the end of your nose.

For instance, just because they didn't want to give him an extension in November doesn't mean they were necessarily moving on from him. All it says is that, in November, they weren't ready to commit long term because of Vollmer's injury history. Clearly, that thought process is too complex for you.

Furthermore, instead of acknowledging that the new injury is different than the one that ended last season, you over-look it. You also can't be bothered to acknowledge that there were other factors such as the lack of depth in the draft and the fact that the Pats had their 1st round pick taken from them.

Things aren't as simple as you make them out to be. Maybe that's why you end up on the wrong end of so many discussions..

It's a real shame. Vollmer has been dominant presence at RT when healthy. But that hasn't been for a while now. Maybe it's harder for guys his size to move like that and stay healthy. Who's our replacement, Cannon then?

YOU are the one who never changes. You make asinine comments and can't be bothered to think beyond the end of your nose.

Things aren't as simple as you make them out to be. Maybe that's why you end up on the wrong end of so many discussions..

It's probably no coincidence that vollmer gets a concussion that sidelined him in early november 2015 and the pats say they don't want to talk extension that same month after vollmer approached them. It's his second concussion to my knowledge and probably has had more along the way. Do i know this is the reason why they didn't extend him for a fact? No, but his age and injury history tells me they knew they were ready to move on from him after 2016 at that time. Again, maybe the pats didn't draft a replacement tackle because they felt cannon was the answer - this is why I asked the question in the first place.

Here are the things that we know so far, and correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Volmer has a hip problem that is keeping him off the field so far.

2. It is something that has developed since the beginning of TC, and NOT something that he's had in the past.

3. NO ONE knows when he'll be back, yet they haven't put him on the 6 week PUP, the bring them back IR, or the irrevocable IR.

After that it's ALL speculation. IMHO reports that speculate that he's all done or something slightly better than that, are just that, speculation and click bait. We all know that the nuclear launch codes are less classified than Patriot's injury information, so it makes no sense whatsoever that these nimrod reporters would have such detailed information.

Granted the news hasn't been good since Sunday, but given our past experience with Edelman's "major foot reinjury", and many other erroneous injury reporting over the years, we should all be patient, and ultimately we will know the truth, good/bad/or somewhere in the middle. I'm too old to get anxious over click bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back