PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Vollmer headed to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the things that we know so far, and correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Volmer has a hip problem that is keeping him off the field so far.

2. It is something that has developed since the beginning of TC, and NOT something that he's had in the past.

3. NO ONE knows when he'll be back, yet they haven't put him on the 6 week PUP, the bring them back IR, or the irrevocable IR.

After that it's ALL speculation. IMHO reports that speculate that he's all done or something slightly better than that, are just that, speculation and click bait. We all know that the nuclear launch codes are less classified than Patriot's injury information, so it makes no sense whatsoever that these nimrod reporters would have such detailed information.

Granted the news hasn't been good since Sunday, but given our past experience with Edelman's "major foot reinjury", and many other erroneous injury reporting over the years, we should all be patient, and ultimately we will know the truth, good/bad/or somewhere in the middle. I'm too old to get anxious over click bait.

Just a note. You can't put anyone on the Reserve/ PUP until the 53 man roster Cut-down unless they changed the rules again..

Here are the things that we know so far, and correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Volmer has a hip problem that is keeping him off the field so far.

2. It is something that has developed since the beginning of TC, and NOT something that he's had in the past.

3. NO ONE knows when he'll be back, yet they haven't put him on the 6 week PUP, the bring them back IR, or the irrevocable IR.

After that it's ALL speculation. IMHO reports that speculate that he's all done or something slightly better than that, are just that, speculation and click bait. We all know that the nuclear launch codes are less classified than Patriot's injury information, so it makes no sense whatsoever that these nimrod reporters would have such detailed information.

Granted the news hasn't been good since Sunday, but given our past experience with Edelman's "major foot reinjury", and many other erroneous injury reporting over the years, we should all be patient, and ultimately we will know the truth, good/bad/or somewhere in the middle. I'm too old to get anxious over click bait.

There was also reports that he went through shoulder surgery.

This is bad news for the O-line. Which takes me back to the draft. I was really expecting a Tackle for certain........... (throws up his hands in frustration)

This is bad news for the O-line. Which takes me back to the draft. I was really expecting a Tackle for certain........... (throws up his hands in frustration)
Many of us were. I wonder what BB and Scar saw in the prospects, and how close any of them were to falling to us? Perhaps he decided to wait until next year.

I also wonder about the possibility of an interior OL playing outside. This could include Kline, Thuney, or Stork--although I'd have to imagine the first 2 being our day one guards, at least until RG Mason is healthy again.

I feel like we are going to get some real surprising cuts this year.
Let me start
Bolden
Dobson
Gaffney
Develin
Coleman
Kuhn
Freeny
Harper
Lucien
Carter

These are some of my predictions thoughts
Emotional outburts
Out of all these players on this list, Bolden and Develin are the closest thing to surprise cuts. I think 99 percent of this board have given up on Dobson at this point. The rest of the list are pretty much bubble players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to be negative since Im really not that type of person, but between Vollmer, Mason, Copper, and Storks concussion history, the o-line seems like a mess!

It is amazing how much angst Vollmer's injury is causing. It seems like only yesterday that BB was being skewered for reaching for Vollmer in the 2nd round.

I distinctly remember reading a comment from a disgruntled fan after this pick, saying that BB should be locked out of the draft room.

I can only imagine that fan must have given up on the Pats after the Harmon reach.

:rolleyes:

Cannon was playing hurt last year (and toe injuries suck), and before that, had a terrible throw-in at guard.

In the AFCCG, it was widely reported that Stork was tipping the snap. In that atmosphere, against that D line, it's hard for me to see how any tackle was going to hold up.

Miller was in the backfield before the shotgun snap got to Brady (Miller was also off-sides several times and it wasn't called - remember?).

So I don't know if Cannon is nearly as bad as many on this board believe. I heard the same about Wendell, then he came back and played very well at guard for the Pats. Scar loves Cannon. I tend to trust him.

So far in preseason, the weakness has been Kline. He's a decent and flexible back-up, but I'd like to see a stronger starter. Cannon played very well the other night. And Waddle has been quietly good. If neither work out, Thuney and/or Stork can go out to tackle.

You're just not going to find good tackles lying around waiting for a call. DE is the most athletic position in football right now, with speed and strength to burn, and someone who can handle a guy like Miller is top-of-the-salary cap.

Which tackle would you have taken and when, considering that the Patriots didn't draft until the end of the 2nd round..

Which tackle would you have taken and when, considering that the Patriots didn't draft until the end of the 2nd round..

where Thuney was selected....... I initially thought he was selected as a tackle but quickly we were informed, no, he's gonna be an interior lineman. (short arms) I didn't have a particular name in mind.........

where Thuney was selected....... I initially thought he was selected as a tackle but quickly we were informed, no, he's gonna be an interior lineman. (short arms) I didn't have a particular name in mind.........

That's the problem. There wasn't a tackle available that truly fit.. So, All the top tier ones were gone. What would you have the Pats do? Draft someone who wouldn't do well and then complain about it?

Wait, is Vollmer on IR or not?

Wait, is Vollmer on IR or not?

He isn't as of now, and the longer that the remains the case the more I think the initial report was incorrect on the details. It's never made sense to IR Vollmer while PUPing him remained an option anyway. Even if they're 95% sure he won't be any closer to playing 2+ months from now, there's no harm at all in leaving him on PUP and revisiting later just in case.

One possible explanation: the source said something along the lines of "he's out for the year", and the whole IR part was the reporter's assumption.

He isn't as of now, and the longer that the remains the case the more I think the initial report was incorrect on the details. It's never made sense to IR Vollmer while PUPing him remained an option anyway. Even if they're 95% sure he won't be any closer to playing 2+ months from now, there's no harm at all in leaving him on PUP and revisiting later just in case.

One possible explanation: the source said something along the lines of "he's out for the year", and the whole IR part was the reporter's assumption.
Well that's stupid. I mean I'm glad it's a possibility he's not IRed, but geez...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back