PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Vollmer headed to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack Herron

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

also:

Cannon is now your starting RT. Technically Vollmer could return since we don't know injury. Don't shoot the messenger. Expecting a few roster moves this week.

Last edited:
You got to be kidding...he did not even give us a few games like he does every year+

seems strange. why IR if he is on PUP? as I understand it he can stay on PUP until mid season and then either activate or IR. So why IR now and give up flexibility? Even if he's totally hosed it leaks information about his condition, very unlike Pats.

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

seems strange. why IR if he is on PUP? as I understand it he can stay on PUP until mid season and then either activate or IR. So why IR now and give up flexibility? Even if he's totally hosed it leaks information about his condition, very unlike Pats.

They might be saving some $$ with the designation.

So is this IR gonzo or IR with some kind of designation to return?

No designations anymore. You just have the ability to take one player off IR after maybe half the season.

I don't get it. Why not just leave him on PUP?

as I understand it, return from IR changed this season. No longer designated when placed on IR. Club gets to return any player from IR, but only once. Not sure if there are conditions, like how long on IR, assume so, but key point is no longer pre-designation.

I don't get it. Why not just leave him on PUP?
yeah, that's one reason I'm skeptical of this flurry of bad news injury reports, all from one source. Doesn't smell right. wonder if McBride's mole is about to get sacked for taking the bait and passing along such juicy tidbits...

as I understand it, return from IR changed this season. No longer designated when placed on IR. Club gets to return any player from IR, but only once. Not sure if there are conditions, like how long on IR, assume so, but key point is no longer pre-designation.

OK thanks. I can't keep up with all these designations.

I wish it was like baseball. Disabled lists, farm systems,etc....So much easier.

6 weeks I believe.

Kick the tires On Jake Long?
Now I have to scout other teams young tackles come end of preseason games.

Belichick was so mad about this news he immediately calls Kuhn in his office and cut him but not before he pummeled him with insults and profanities.
He then called Boerighter and said screw Germany then hung up the phone.

what happened to the tweet saying Vollmer had practiced? Some reporter figure out he was wrong? hope whoever it was learns, and teaches his colleagues, being first but wrong is bad. slow down and confirm, guys. quit trying to make us panic so we flatter your sense of importance.

OL depth wasn't great to begin with and now this. better hope solder can stay healthy all year and scar can work some magic and get cannon playing better at OT. getting flashbacks of the AFCCG, :(

what happened to the tweet saying Vollmer had practiced? Some reporter figure out he was wrong? hope whoever it was learns, and teaches his colleagues, being first but wrong is bad. slow down and confirm, guys. quit trying to make us panic so we flatter your sense of importance.
Moore reported he had practiced. I questioned that and he retracted. So Vollmer could remain on PUP, in theory. Unclear why the IR designation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes