PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report (Unconfirmed) - Patriots sign Brandon Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Browner suspended for the first four games?
Recent news on Brandon Browner - Seattle Seahawks - Rotoworld.com

NFL suspended free agent CB Brandon Browner the first four weeks of the 2014 season for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Browner will also forfeit an additional four weeks of game checks. Considering he was previously expected to be suspended most -- if not all -- of the 2014 season, it's a victory for Browner. He'll be allowed to participate in all offseason and preseason activities before returning in Week 5. Now that teams know the details, we would expect Browner to have a decent free-agent market.

man, I haven't gone off on a good Goodell rant in months...must be slippin'

Just because Browner MAY have signed doesn't mean he's penciled in as a starter...we went through all this roster building nonsense last season when the Pats signed those receivers. People went nutso arguing about how this one was a starter over that one and it ended up NONE of them even made the cut.

It is possible Browner might bust out or might not be a world beater but I like his chances a lot better than I did for Adrian Wilson. He is younger and has a big contract to play for after this.

Also if he can't cut it we still have Revis. We don't need a great or even good SS with him and McCourty truth be told.

If he was my agent I would fire him and hire someone else so he gets no commission if it is true you are playing hockey.

You do not get time off this time of year if this is your job. If you are an agent this week is booked as is the prior week. This should be your life for that time frame. You are getting 5-10% (whatever it is) of multimillion dollar contracts.

Take the month of October off if you want but you work overtime this week.

But hockey season is in March!!!

ProFootballCentral ‏@PFCentral 7m
Spoke to a Seahawk player tonight who confirmed Browner told him he signed with Pats. Doubt he played a joke like this on them.

I first came in here expecting to celebrate another CB signing, and now....hockey.

Actually it just hit me....could someone explain to me why we are trying to sign/signed another CB?

Spoke to a Seahawk player tonight who confirmed Browner told him he signed with Pats. Doubt he played a joke like this on them.

Not that guy again...erika BF?

I respect an agent trying to reign in an over-anxious client during the crucial end-game of negotiations..

.. but wow this guy just comes across as whining that he's being bothered by having to conduct business. :confused:

It IS the 2nd day of FA isnt it?
Or maybe Brandon Browner is back on drugs (NFL suspended free agent CB Brandon Browner the first four weeks of the 2014 season for violating the league's substance-abuse policy).

There's always a lot of smoke at this time of the year but imo if the Player has made their mind up then it is pretty much done. Could it implode? Of course, but it is unlikely as the Patriots obviously want him and he wants to sign there.

Rappaport:

Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the #Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.
10:24 PM - 13 Mar 2014

I first came in here expecting to celebrate another CB signing, and now....hockey.

Actually it just hit me....could someone explain to me why we are trying to sign/signed another CB?

reminds me...how do they start a leper hockey game???

Face Off in the corner

:bricks:

Twitter Wars! :p

Rapsheet vs Whomever

PFC has done nothing to prove credible this off season except repeat other articles several hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents