PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report (Unconfirmed) - Patriots sign Brandon Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Im happy Talib played here, he played decently and that was enough for BB to understand how to choose his next CB's (fa stars or rookies) and also Denver overpaid Talib.

Good days :rocker:

Three for $17MM sounds like a lot. I have to think it's heavily back loaded and I'd be surprised if the first year's cap number is above $2.5MM. And even that number is a lot higher than I expected for Browner. But regardless, he's ours right now and its one to the next FA move

1. Move TE

2. Vet rotational DE

3. C

4. 5th WR

Then in the draft we go

1. DT
2. TE
3. OL
4 speed LB

Patfanken. Move tight ends don't grow on trees. There's none out there in free agency. Our best chance is draft. It's a nice wish but it doesn't exist.

Three for $17MM sounds like a lot. I have to think it's heavily back loaded and I'd be surprised if the first year's cap number is above $2.5MM. And even that number is a lot higher than I expected for Browner. But regardless, he's ours right now and its one to the next FA move

1. Move TE

2. Vet rotational DE

3. C

4. 5th WR

Then in the draft we go

1. DT
2. TE
3. OL
4 speed LB

I think everyone was understating Browner's value. I posted a few days ago that I was hoping for a three year contract and I also knew the one-million dollar aav was way under what he is worth. I have a hard time believing he will not be worth more than what New England pays him, even without a future restructure/cut.

Patfanken. Move tight ends don't grow on trees. There's none out there in free agency.

Dustin Keller is a UFA, and is coming off an ACL injury. He will be a full year out by training camp (his injury occurred last August). He signed a 1 year $4M deal with Miami last year, and coming off an injury, his price will undoubtedly be less. If the cost is low, he'd be worth checking out. It might take him some time to get up to speed, but we have enough firepower that I'm not focusing on September anyway.

'Im happy Talib played here, he played decently and that was enough for BB to understand how to choose his next CB's (fa stars or rookies) and also Denver overpaid Talib.

Good days :rocker:

Seriously. Was this Bill's 'come to Jesus' moment when he decided that CB's over 5'11 may be a good idea?

I think everyone was understating Browner's value. I posted a few days ago that I was hoping for a three year contract and I also knew the one-million dollar aav was way under what he is worth. I have a hard time believing he will not be worth more than what New England pays him, even without a future restructure/cut.

My 1st impression is that we gave him a market value deal.

His floor is worth this deal. His ceiling will VASTLY out perform it. Will he get there idk, but I think he is the starting big hitting SS we've been craving and our de-facto matcher-upper with the big TE/BIG receivers of the world.

Sounds worth 5.5M to me

Dustin Keller is a UFA, and is coming off an ACL injury. He will be a full year out by training camp (his injury occurred last August). He signed a 1 year $4M deal with Miami last year, and coming off an injury, his price will undoubtedly be less. If the cost is low, he'd be worth checking out. It might take him some time to get up to speed, but we have enough firepower that I'm not focusing on September anyway.

Do you think they make a signing like this and draft a TE in rounds 2-3? Or is that an either or type of situation.

My 1st impression is that we gave him a market value deal.

His floor is worth this deal. His ceiling will VASTLY out perform it. Will he get there idk, but I think he is the starting big hitting SS we've been craving and our de-facto matcher-upper with the big TE/BIG receivers of the world.

Sounds worth 5.5M to me
I would have preferred the "premature" 2 year, $10 million contract.

I would have preferred the "premature" 2 year, $10 million contract.

No doubt Tip, but still gotta wait to see what's actually in there, but rarely does a player get through a final year of a NE contract anyway sans restructure.

No doubt Tip, but still gotta wait to see what's actually in there, but rarely does a player get through a final year of a NE contract anyway sans restructure.
Any word on the signing bonus, guarantees?

He's done. That knee injury is catastrophic for a TE with his skill set.

BREAKING!!!!!!!! ( I AM KIDDING)

This happened a few minutes ago, Brandon was seen leaving for New England from Dulles international airport

VKO73.gif

Hmmmm........... looks like i wasnt kidding after all

Anybody wanna do a guess the signing bonus money game for Browner?

I'll go 6M guaranteed.

Edit*

If Dustin Keller is the best one out there you have proven my point

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back