PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report (Unconfirmed) - Patriots sign Brandon Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m

From me and @RapSheet: Per Redskins sources, Browner's visit to Ashburn -- called off as of this AM -- is now back on for this afternoon.

Ian Rappaport said on WEEI that his sources say Browner didn't make the trip to Washington and the deal is basically done.

But Breer says his sources say he is going to Washington this afternoon.

More confusion.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m

From me and @RapSheet: Per Redskins sources, Browner's visit to Ashburn -- called off as of this AM -- is now back on for this afternoon.

Isn't Loyko the guy that was wrong about pretty much everything last offseason? I'll believe Browner is a Patriot when Schefter confirms it.

Well, he's somewhat corroborated by Curran...and Rap is standing by his report. So we should find out soon.

edit: god damnit

I think that's exactly what Belichick has in mind for him. He's going to match him up situationally to get the most out of him, he's not going to put him on guys like Steve Smith or Cruz, he's going to match him up with the bigger slot guys and outside receivers with size. If tey get this done they are going to have all sorts of flexibility with their secondary.

This is how I see it.

vs CHI - Revis on Marshal/Alshon, Browner on the other. Put Ryan/Dennard on whoever is left

vs DET - Revis on CJ with S Help, maybe Browner plays that S. Dennard/Ryan on Tate

vs GB - Revis on Nelson, Browner on Boykin, Dennard/Ryan on Cobb

etc., etc.

Obviously not that simple, but having a big body like Browner to match up, even if he doesn't always play that #2 CB role, he protects us from putting the 5'11/5'10 body type of Dennard/Ryan on a 6'2/6'5 guy like Boykin or Jeffery/Marshall. BB loves to match up his players when he has the chance, I don't think he ever enjoyed the LCB/RCB system he just had no choice for many years.

Now the Redskins are apparently meeting with him this afternoon?

Ugh! I hate free agency.

More confusion.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
#Intrigue RT @AlbertBreer: From me & @RapSheet: Per Skins sources, Browner's visit to Ashburn, called off this AM, is now back on for today

I hope that wasn't a sign of cancelling for signing, then something went south.

This whole situation is getting me worked up, lol.

I heard that browner is scheduled to visit toronto tomorrow to visit with the argonauts of the CFL and then fly back to seattle and hang out with sherman and then go to Oakland. :eek:

Yeah, he's not signing with NE. Time to move on.

Rapoport was so desperate to one up Schefter he jumped the gun and made himself look stupid, he should stick to tweeting 1 minute after Schefter and stealing his info like usual.

Rapoport vs Schefter, if they're reporting different things i'm trusting Schefter.

Rapoport is clueless, this deal was never done and if it gets done he got lucky on his premature report, major chance he signs somewhere else.

Him and Breer have been backtracking since last night when they acted like it was done and they'd seen the signed contract.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 55s

Browner isn't at Redskins Park yet. #BrownerGate

Browner's agent isn't doing him any favors at all at this point. Could cost him a deal where he apparently wants to be.

Angent isn't doing himself any favors, either. These tweets are making everyone look incompetent and we know how the Pats feel about that.

People don't like to be shown to be wrong, particularly reporters (Rapp, Shefter, Curran are all legit). Their whole rep is based on NOT BEING Incarcerated Bob.

Fans don't like roller-coasters, either.

I heard that browner is scheduled to visit toronto tomorrow to visit with the argonauts of the CFL and then fly back to seattle and hang out with sherman and then go to Oakland. :eek:
I heard it was the toronto...raptors I just check in every few hours to see whats happened, its much easier that way. No stress. See ya's later

I'm just gonna assume Browner isn't signing with the Pats. Probably just using the Pats interest in leveraging other teams to offer more.

I only trust Jermaine Wiggins for Patriots news from now on. Wiggy, is Browner at Logan?!

Good job by the media on this one :rolleyes:

In a time when any Tom, **** or Harry can become a media reporter is it any wonder this profession has become a joke?

Who is Browner's agent? This guy?

258px-Disneygoofy2012.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents